What's happening at Cal South?

dreamz

SILVER ELITE
I hate to be the bearer of breaking news again but I hear there is something big happening within the Cal South leadership. With Garza already gone, the information is there is another big departure coming. Does anyone know any specifics? I'll keep digging too.

I hate to be the bearer of breaking news again but I hear there is something big happening within the Cal South leadership. With Garza already gone, the information is there is another big departure coming. Does anyone know any specifics? I'll keep digging too.

Has smiling Bob got anything done yet? Behind the 8 ball? The PPV loans running dry?

Cricket's from them as their losing members and clubs.

DSL going USclub, the continuing rise of ECNL and other leagues, + the new covid economics hasn't been kind for them.

Whatever happens they really need some re-forms, new leadership, and some better ways to actually lobby and create reasonable returns to play guidelines.

In light of what Nocal came out with a return to play tournament (3-5 games min, more possible) instead of league(s) have to wonder if Cal South might follow suit?

St/Nt cup tournaments are their large cash cow so I won't be surprise to see them say there isn't sufficient time or ways due to restrictions for both to happen.

Instead we're going to offer up the "cups" as the return to play if/when the CDPH makes the needed updates,. Please register, we promise not to cash your $750-1500 checks for the return to play tournament until the restrictions are lifted.

Garza is gone as CEO (or whatever the title is), Turner is gone as President (replaced with "vacant"), the Treasurer slot is also "vacant" (don't remember his name). Out of curiosity, I looked at the list of past Presidents on the page. Many untold stories there.

Garza is gone as CEO (or whatever the title is), Turner is gone as President (replaced with "vacant"), the Treasurer slot is also "vacant" (don't remember his name). Out of curiosity, I looked at the list of past Presidents on the page. Many untold stories there.

This is insane!!! First, it's the GDA closing shop and running from their problems and not facing them like a man. Wimps!!! What is going on here folks?

This is insane!!! First, it's the GDA closing shop and running from their problems and not facing them like a man. Wimps!!! What is going on here folks?

Took the money and ran? The received a very large PPV "grant" that all the taxpayers will end up paying for yet what have the done for that past year?

Fair weather organization when he money was rolling in they where all over social media but it's been crickets every since. True colors showing through, if it was all about the players they would had done something like "let them play" has attempted.

Took the money and ran? The received a very large PPV "grant" that all the taxpayers will end up paying for yet what have the done for that past year?

Fair weather organization when he money was rolling in they where all over social media but it's been crickets every since. True colors showing through, if it was all about the players they would had done something like "let them play" has attempted.
Yes, I remember the famous "cash calls" when I bought a stupid franchise. I was so sold bro. I even bought some "private stock" so I can get in on the action. Well, about 6 months in, the hot shot CEO and his liar side kick sent out email for our first cash call. You see, we were all Managing Partners of a heist I didnt know I was a part of. They said funds were running low and it's time to buy more stock and dilute the original stock I bought at a freaking discount. Well, after my cash was taken every month, I got lot's of stock that was worthless. Then, no one has anymore money to throw down the toilet, they all start attacking each other and do the grab & go. You find out a lot about a person or Org when you take all their cash. The true evil comes out on the snakes and they try and snake you some more. Once a snake always a snake. I know I get played by liars and go ahead and make fun of me for getting ripped off, it happens sometimes on this planet.

Dear Presidio Board Members:
This is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made, but I am comforted as I look to the future and what it brings, as I believe this is truly the right thing at this time.
Presidio has been my home for over 25 years. You all have not only been coworkers, but my friends, and I have loved every minute (well most every minute) of being a part of this organization. The member clubs of Presidio have always been my #1 priority in all decisions I have made. It has always been about what is best for the clubs, the players, and the families here in San Diego.
You all know how passionate I am about youth soccer in our community. To the extent that I ran for, and won, the Cal South President position in hopes of invoking change within our State Association. However, and as you have already heard, effective Friday, February 12th, I resigned from the Cal South Presidency.
I have been very boisterous for many years about Cal South’s ineptness, lack of respect and disregard for our League and Club’s needs. We have talked many times over the years about teaming up with the other gaming Leagues and leave Cal South. Well for me, enough is enough.
This notification is the next step on my journey.
I am resigning from my position as the Executive Director of Presidio Soccer, effective immediately, and I will be joining the Southern California Developmental Soccer League (SCDSL) as the Executive Director of SCDSL – San Diego. This opportunity presented itself very recently and I believe that what the SCDSL is offering, through its transition out of Cal South and into US Club Soccer, will provide an abundance of possibilities and opportunities to all members that are part of the SCDSL, including the member clubs in San Diego.
Their new platform that includes State Cup, a CA State Championship, regionalized PDP, expanded coaching education, college showcases, the Discovery NPL, and a self-contained San Diego gaming schedule, that will rejuvenate youth soccer in Southern California.
I am excited about this new adventure and I would not be doing this if I did not whole-heartedly believe that this is what is best for the clubs in San Diego. Joining this movement to US Club and the SCDSL, will benefit everyone that is a part of it and I truly believe that the San Diego market deserves better and will thrive and prosper from it.
It has been a wonderful journey working with all of you and it is my sincere hope that we can continue to work together on this new adventure.
Sincerely,
Bob Turner

This is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made, but I am comforted as I look to the future and what it brings, as I believe this is truly the right thing at this time.
Presidio has been my home for over 25 years. You all have not only been coworkers, but my friends, and I have loved every minute (well most every minute) of being a part of this organization. The member clubs of Presidio have always been my #1 priority in all decisions I have made. It has always been about what is best for the clubs, the players, and the families here in San Diego.
You all know how passionate I am about youth soccer in our community. To the extent that I ran for, and won, the Cal South President position in hopes of invoking change within our State Association. However, and as you have already heard, effective Friday, February 12th, I resigned from the Cal South Presidency.
I have been very boisterous for many years about Cal South’s ineptness, lack of respect and disregard for our League and Club’s needs. We have talked many times over the years about teaming up with the other gaming Leagues and leave Cal South. Well for me, enough is enough.
I am resigning from my position as the Executive Director of Presidio Soccer, effective immediately, and I will be joining the Southern California Developmental Soccer League (SCDSL) as the Executive Director of SCDSL – San Diego. This opportunity presented itself very recently and I believe that what the SCDSL is offering, through its transition out of Cal South and into US Club Soccer, will provide an abundance of possibilities and opportunities to all members that are part of the SCDSL, including the member clubs in San Diego.
Their new platform that includes State Cup, a CA State Championship, regionalized PDP, expanded coaching education, college showcases, the Discovery NPL, and a self-contained San Diego gaming schedule, that will rejuvenate youth soccer in Southern California.
I am excited about this new adventure and I would not be doing this if I did not whole-heartedly believe that this is what is best for the clubs in San Diego. Joining this movement to US Club and the SCDSL, will benefit everyone that is a part of it and I truly believe that the San Diego market deserves better and will thrive and prosper from it.
It has been a wonderful journey working with all of you and it is my sincere hope that we can continue to work together on this new adventure.
Sincerely,
Bob Turner

Wow.

I wonder who Presidio and Cal South will find to replace him.

Sincerely,
Bob Turner

If you can't beat them join them.

So does this mean that Cal South and Presidio are pretty much going to be regulated to second fiddle as USclub continues to take over like what they have done in NorCal.

Wow.

I wonder who Presidio and Cal South will find to replace him.

Roadkill or
crash-test-dummy-costume.jpg

Stinks of desperation:

To Presidio League Clubs:

Today’s announcement that Bob Turner has resigned from Cal South and Presidio to now take up the position of running the “SCDSL -San Diego” is clearly a move by the SCDSL to control both the local clubs, and the tournament business, while getting paid to do it.

We believe a decision by the Presidio league clubs to move to SCDSL, would spell the end of the local community-based club, and usher in the franchise/affiliate club model as the only sustainable option.

In the last dozen years with the emergence of US Club, there has been continual disruption in the marketplace with new Leagues springing up almost every year. The result has been more travel and higher costs for the parents, and a stress on the demand for quality referees and fields.

The recent announcement that SCDSL will be moving to US Club Soccer has further exacerbated this disruption.

At a recent Presidio Zoom Meeting I stressed that it would be imperative that the San Diego clubs stick together and resist a further fragmentation of the market.

Coast Soccer League has provided a consistent platform for all its clubs to thrive over many decades and has done so in a fair and equitable manner, treating each club with the same courtesy and respect regardless of the label the club played under.

Should the Presidio League clubs determine that their future success will be best served by staying independent and not following Bob, CSL will support each club in every way possible, and partner with them to create a plan that supports the long-term success of the club and youth soccer in San Diego.

We take pride in delivering the best experience for all our members for 2021 and would welcome the opportunity to support the Presidio clubs in 2021 and beyond.

Bernard Towers
CSL President on behalf of the CSL Board.

I'm lost. How is Coast affiliated with Presidio, other than CalSouth seems to be their governing body?
Rereading it it sounds like an enemy of my enemy is a friend type situation? SCDSL impacted CSL in LA, OC, IE, and CSL is basically telling Presidio teams don't let what happened to us, happen to you.

I'm lost. How is Coast affiliated with Presidio, other than CalSouth seems to be their governing body?

Market share.. if Presido also moves to USclub Cal South has only CSL and dwindling numbers.

CSL is attempting to prevent the ship from taking on more water and sinking because CS captains forgot to navigate correctly, become greedy, and didn't pay enough attention to members who have or will be fleeing in droves.

USSF
...V...
USYSA
...V...
Cal South
...V...
Presidio and CSL (and formerly SCDSL)

In parallel with USYSA are US Club Soccer, AYSO, and USL Super Y all conducting their own youth programs under USSF license.

There may be other ways through this maze, keep in mind.

USSF
...V...
USYSA
...V...
Cal South
...V...
Presidio and CSL (and formerly SCDSL)

In parallel with USYSA are US Club Soccer, AYSO, and USL Super Y all conducting their own youth programs under USSF license.

There may be other ways through this maze, keep in mind.
I know you know your stuff Espola. You ahve more knowledge then any of us combined. Stay on soccer topic and teach us all what the heck is going in socal now with all these wars with the adults. Where are the woman? My best advice for the future is have more woman leading the girls.

Market share.. if Presido also moves to USclub Cal South has only CSL and dwindling numbers.

CSL is attempting to prevent the ship from taking on more water and sinking because CS captains forgot to navigate correctly, become greedy, and didn't pay enough attention to members who have or will be fleeing in droves.

I wish it could be just CSL like the old days...not a bunch of leagues creating parity everywhere...there was promotion and relegation and you actually had to do well to move up, Premier teams were actually legit and got there because they deserved it, not because they are a part of a big club that controls the landscape of youth soccer today. Then ODP actually meant something, too bad. New is definitely not always better

Back