West Coast

I am a bit surprised at the brackets for West Coast this year.

Historically, they have drawn many top teams, but this year seems like an anomaly for the '04 age group. Certainly, a few top teams are there, but it doesn't seem quite as deep as years past.

I suspect it has a bit to do with the fact that Surf Cup is the weekend before ( usually there is a weekend between) and there are a couple CRL play dates in August too. Perhaps some teams chose to take a breather?

If the brackets stay as is, I think bracket winners are Rangers, Real So Cal, Slammers Pre- ECNL, and West Coast ( bracket D is a close call).

Real takes it all.

Perhaps not 100%, but CR knows how to the most from his teams. He has had them for a few months now and I suspect they will get out of that group. Not sure who else would step up there, if not the Rangers?

Do you have an alternate pick?
That's a tough one as Rebels has been putting out some good teams as of late.

Group A - So I'll go out on a limb and say Rebels is my underdog in group A, but Don't count out RSC SCV - scrappy, physical team that can disrupt the best of teams.

Group B - RSC EGSL tournament favorites

Group C - depends on what Slammers Pre-ECNL team it is (Winn or Aviles...didn't know there could be 2, but I've seen it all listed otherwise). If it's Winn's team, they are the favorite. Otherwise, I've got a coin I'm gonna have to flip.

Group D - West Coast

I am a bit surprised at the brackets for West Coast this year.

Historically, they have drawn many top teams, but this year seems like an anomaly for the '04 age group. Certainly, a few top teams are there, but it doesn't seem quite as deep as years past.

I suspect it has a bit to do with the fact that Surf Cup is the weekend before ( usually there is a weekend between) and there are a couple CRL play dates in August too. Perhaps some teams chose to take a breather?

If the brackets stay as is, I think bracket winners are Rangers, Real So Cal, Slammers Pre- ECNL, and West Coast ( bracket D is a close call).

Real takes it all.

Totally agree - clicked on U12 first and looked at brackets before I realized that I was in the wrong age group. Then went to U13 - a lot of teams are missing as you say. Teams seem to be at the U14 brackets though - just seems like the U13's are missing.

We played in West Coast last year as G03's and got great competition. LAGSB took it all in that group last year (I think). Hopefully we will just play our games, beat who we need to beat, and do as well as we can. (I'm disappointed though).

I agree too with your bracket winners but I haven't seen Rebels this year so I could be in for a surprise.

Rebels should be the favorite, Rangers won tier 2 bracket at Legends, didn't get a win in CRL play in and there manager is always looking for a scrimmage every weekend with no suitors. The old 04 team was good but this isn't that team.

There is only 1 Pre Ecnl Slammers team and that's Winn. Not sure why Aviles is calling himself Pre ECNL when all they play is second tier in tournaments and finish near the bottom of the champions group in EGSL
Yeah never saw Aviles call his team PRE ECNL, maybe called his team PRE EGSL in past

There is only 1 Pre Ecnl Slammers team and that's Winn. Not sure why Aviles is calling himself Pre ECNL when all they play is second tier in tournaments and finish near the bottom of the champions group in EGSL
Lots of daggers being thrown out! If memory serves me correct the Slammers Pre ecnl team finished last in the spring season!! If it's the Winn team....and didn't they struggle in the spring showcase

Lots of daggers being thrown out! If memory serves me correct the Slammers Pre ecnl team finished last in the spring season!! If it's the Winn team....and didn't they struggle in the spring showcase
So many posters base team's ability from their Spring League or Spring Showcase wins and loses - Ridiculous... I see people posting we are "Champions" of the Spring League...what??? That's like saying you are World Series Champions because you won the Cactus League - with that the Angels would have 15 championships....

So many posters base team's ability from their Spring League or Spring Showcase wins and loses - Ridiculous... I see people posting we are "Champions" of the Spring League...what??? That's like saying you are World Series Champions because you won the Cactus League - with that the Angels would have 15 championships....

Ouch. I hear that.

Been an Angels fan sine I can remember watching baseball. Sure wish pre-season meant more...........

Brackets changed:

Bracket A
WEST COAST FC SWANSON 2004 (CAS)
REBELS REBLES 2004 GOLD (CAS)
RSC-SCV 2004 SALVADORI (CAS)
SLAMMERS FC EGSL 04 (CAS)

Bracket B
CDA SLAMMERS FC CERRITOS G04 SEGOVIA (CAS)
REAL SOCAL G04 EGSL (CAS)
SAN DIEGO SDSC NAVY ACADEMY 04 (CAS)
STRIKERS FC SOUTH COAST - G04 ALVAREZ (USA)

Bracket C
CDA SLAMMERS HUIE - EGSL 04 (CAS)
SLAMMERS FC PRE ECNL 2004 (CAS)
PATEADORES IRVINE G2004 SC (CAS)
REAL SOCAL GU04 WHITE (CAS)

Bracket D
CLAREMONT STARS G04 BLACK (CAS)
MURRIETA SURF G04W (CAS)
FULLERTON RANGERS G04 WHITE (CAS)
STRIKERS FC NORTH G04 KF (CAS)

My picks in bold - West Coast and Real in final - Real to win.

Back