Vaccine

On the origin of the 6 ft distancing rule. There's no basis for it (they just guessed and politics)....pretty much sums up the totally of covid response.

But it's Science TM!

The Anti-immune system movement (AISM) is pretty religiously fanatic about COVID and global warming.

Grace wants us to have UK rule relaxation without having a UK vaccination rate.

The UK 16+ vaccination rate is 89% for first shot. 81% fully vaxxed.

If they tried this with a Mississippi or Idaho vax rate, they’d be up shit creek- just like Mississippi and Idaho are.

You yourself said the Dakotas were partially on their way there. I think people should get the vaxx. I wouldn't really even mind a state level mandate. Where I have the problems are: 1) the federal govt likely (short of an act of Congress, and even then it's dubious) lacks the power to do a mandate, 2) children should at least be exempt as the vaxx doesn't seem to do much good there, and 3) natural immunity should be recognized.

But with respect to the rate, if the states aren't going to mandate it on adults, the elderly vaccination rates are already through the roof and those that haven't gotten it have made their choice. What's stupid about the US approach though is the place that you could reasonably argue need restrictions aren't going to do it, and those that have restrictions are the ones that least need it. Given that, unless the states are going to mandate it themselves, there's nothing else on the horizon.

Because that's the box you want to put them in. Those that you call "Team Virus" on here, are mostly vaccinated, mask compliant adults who believe adults should take care of themselves and not put the burden on children to protect adults. I don't know maybe we're just dinosaurs that still believe in "women and children first".
My main complaint is with the unvaccinated folks who socialize without masks. To use your phrase, they are adults who are not taking care of themselves. Worse, they are adults pushing their burden onto others.

Vaccinated people who are masked and grumbling are fine. They’re doing the right thing. They have every right to not like it.

On the origin of the 6 ft distancing rule. There's no basis for it (they just guessed and politics)....pretty much sums up the totally of covid response.

But it's Science TM!

Satan demands his followers to be 6 feet a part and where a mask. Satan also hates children and will do whatever IT can do to harm them. I tried to wake you all up last year and the year before that Grace T. I got a head start and nothing else. Trust me, knowing what I have known the last three years has been hard on my soul. My wife said I agreed to this life before I was born and I guess I did. I'm here to offer help any way I can when the red shoe drops. Symbolism will be their down fall.

Yes, six times a large.

In the same sense that 0.0000017 is six times as large as 0.00000029.

Neither vaccinated people nor recovered patients are at all likely to be hospitalized for covid.
The point being...natural immunity is fine and works. I am not stuck on the 6x number in the least. That wasn't the point.

What I am interested in is that natural immunity works just fine vs people with the vaxx.

So if you have had it, there is no need to rush out and get vaxxed right?

just like Mississippi and Idaho are
Neither are. MS is already on the downward curve of delta. Idaho is about peak...so they will be heading down shortly. Side note on IDAHO for you @dad4 if they are what you say is up shit creek...they still have fewer deaths per million vs CA.

I would think you would want to be in Idaho. Based on deaths per million it is safer there ;)

Studies show vaccinated patients transmit to fewer people:

Peak load is high, but vaccinated patients spend considerably less time at peak load. The shortened time means fewer exposures.
You see the problem with that article is that they were looking at the ALPHA variant. And yes for the ALPHA that was true.

It is entirely different with the DELTA variant. With the DELTA transmission rates are very similar.

So toss your old article away. We have left Alpha behind (which was true as it related to Alpha) and have now moved on to Delta.

My main complaint is with the unvaccinated folks who socialize without masks. To use your phrase, they are adults who are not taking care of themselves. Worse, they are adults pushing their burden onto others.

Vaccinated people who are masked and grumbling are fine. They’re doing the right thing. They have every right to not like it.
Vaxxed people now are getting the virus and spreading at similar rates to the unvaxxed. Delta has changed the equation.

So while you guys are grumbling and feeling self righteous...remember that with delta you guys are also spreading the D. So you are not saving the world, etc. Masked or unmasked the virus isnt stopping.

Being vaxxed however reduced chances of hospitalization. And in your case being young and health you have basically no risk pre vaxx and even less so now. So stop grumbling, take off your mask and go live life. Have a beer inside someplace without a mask.

Some of us have been saying this for a while but we were told no, it's just conspiracy theories, and you guys have no evidence and it's been disproven.

Studies show vaccinated patients transmit to fewer people:
Peak load is high, but vaccinated patients spend considerably less time at peak load. The shortened time means fewer exposures.
And fewer deaths. You're case hyping again. IFR of .009 from March 6th to present. Run along now.

Some of us have been saying this for a while but we were told no, it's just conspiracy theories, and you guys have no evidence and it's been disproven.

....Brought to you by the people who penned such classics as "Serious questions about the way election votes have been counted" and "Serious questions about the way Holocaust victims have been counted".

Grace wants us to have UK rule relaxation without having a UK vaccination rate.

The UK 16+ vaccination rate is 89% for first shot. 81% fully vaxxed.

If they tried this with a Mississippi or Idaho vax rate, they’d be up shit creek- just like Mississippi and Idaho are.
Nope. You're case hyping again. Idaho and MS have been running IFR's between .011 and .023 (outlier) since March 2020 pre-vax, max mask, max SIP. You give Bovine Scatology a bad name.

Team Chicken Little had no option but to claim conspiracy because the raw death number was always the scariest number they could pump up. We'd mention % risk and they always came back to "yeah but 600,000 deaths". Which is admittedly scary and is awful. However, early on health departments were disclosing that gunshot deaths (among others) with a positive Covid test were categorized as a Covid death. Now the CDC is admitting that 95% of deaths categorized as Covid had on average 4 other causes of death. Does that mean that some of those were still killed by Covid, yes, but certainly many died of other primary causes.

vaccine-covid-meme-3.jpg

A lot of the folks you talk to, whether online or in real life, have a superficial and uninformed opinion of the virus, what works, and what we ought to do.

To this day many if not most people still think the numbers go up and down according to people's behavior. When the numbers go up, that means people are misbehaving. When they go down, people must have started listening to public health officials again.

The fact that people in completely different states with completely different policies see their numbers go up and down at exactly the same time doesn't faze them at all, because they don't bother to inform themselves about what's actually happening.

As if this needed refuting for a thousandth time, I present to you the hospitalization graph for the southern states around the time of the recent spike:

Hospitalizations per Million.jpg

Can you tell which of these states has had a mask mandate during this time?

Can you tell which one has the highest vaccination rate? The lowest?

Of course not: the trajectories and in large part the lines themselves are all the same.

You would think we would be having a discussion about why this should be. Why do these states look exactly the same despite their varying policies implemented at varying times?

Team Chicken Little had no option but to claim conspiracy because the raw death number was always the scariest number they could pump up. We'd mention % risk and they always came back to "yeah but 600,000 deaths". Which is admittedly scary and is awful. However, early on health departments were disclosing that gunshot deaths (among others) with a positive Covid test were categorized as a Covid death. Now the CDC is admitting that 95% of deaths categorized as Covid had on average 4 other causes of death. Does that mean that some of those were still killed by Covid, yes, but certainly many died of other primary causes.

Between January 26, 2020–February 27, 2021, 545,600–660,200 more persons than expected died in the United States from all causes. Even more remarkable, about 50,000 fewer people died from influenza during that period for obvious reasons. How do you explain an extra 600-700k deaths that 13 month period? Let me guess. There is a conspiracy on top of a conspiracy....All the deaths listed as Covid-19 deaths were really gunshot wounds and such, except when you add up all the deaths and realize that makes no sense, in which case you claim no one died at all. Right?

Back