Vaccine

I tend toward a Hemingwayan writing style, in which some points don't have to be spelled out if they are obvious to the reader after a little reflection. In that sense, it was not necessary to use the words "moron", 'dumbfuck", and "dumbshit" there.
Reminder: The CDC/NIH/Fauci-backed pause of the J&J vaccine did more to invigorate vaccine hesitancy in the US than any other factor.

May be an image of text that says 'Daily COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100 people Shown the rolling -day average per 100 people in the total population. For vaccines that require multiple doses, each individual dose is counted. LINEAR LOG Our World in Data Add country 0.8 0.6 J&J Pause 0.4 0.2 United States Dec21,2020 2020 21, Apr 15, 2021 Source: Official data collated by Our World in OurWorldinData.org/coronavirus BY Jun 2021 Sep 4, 2021 Last updated September 2021, 10:30 (London time)''Daily COVID-19 vaccine doses administered per 100 people Shown the rolling -day average per 100 people in the total population. For vaccines that require multiple doses, each individual dose is counted. LINEAR LOG Our World in Data Add country 0.8 0.6 J&J Pause 0.4 0.2 United States Dec21,2020 2020 21, Apr 15, 2021 Source: Official data collated by Our World in OurWorldinData.org/coronavirus BY Jun 2021 Sep 4, 2021 Last updated September 2021, 10:30 (London time)'

1631622556481.png

"I'm furious with myself" says the unvaccinated and exhausted Domic A.I. patient the other day.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, kids are wearing masks in school... you're being played.

Yes and being laughed at the same time. It was planned. We have too many Robert DA Bruces right now met. These so called men play both sides of the coin. That game is over. Now it's time to pick a side.

Did Robert the Bruce betray Wallace?

Image result for robert the bruce traitor
Yet there's no historical evidence Bruce was at Falkirk, nor that he directly betrayed Wallace (although he did switch sides several times in these early years). ... The defeat at Falkirk marked the unofficial end of Wallace's campaign—he resigned as Guardian of Scotland and went on the run

Ehh touché….corrected my statement.

Asbestos was not considered to be a problem until the '70s. Before then, it was everywhere - most famously in insulation and brake linings, but also in unexpected places like gypsum board. Talc and asbestos were formed by similar orogenic processes, so minable deposits of one were often located near deposits of the other, and cross-contamination was known to geologists for decades. Only in the '80s was research started into the possible diseases caused by asbestos-contaminated talcum powder.

Karma is getting me back for bullying the nerds back in the day. They laughed at me in class and I gave them pink belly's on the play ground. Plus, they were always picked last in team sports. I think some of them got some kids in soccer now and made sure their kids got picked first, no matter what. The games rich people play to win is insane!!

1631631020404.png

Meanwhile, kids are wearing masks in school... you're being played.

Nah….there’s a simple explanation you see. The celebs and politicians are vaccinated and sophisticated so they don’t have to wear masks

the servants are only vaccinated so they need to be masked (it’s also helpful to visually distinguish them from the sophisticated)

kids under 12 are neither. They are germ buckets and need to be taught to treat each other as fellow germ buckets. That’s why for even recess they have to be masked, distanced and absolutely noplaying together

it’s science tm!

Heard an interesting survey over the radio. Over 1/3 of people reported, due to the prolonged contact of being stuck together no doubt, that they’ve reevaluated their relationships during the pandemic. Apparently as things opened up, cheating skyrocketed

Nah….there’s a simple explanation you see. The celebs and politicians are vaccinated and sophisticated so they don’t have to wear masks

the servants are only vaccinated so they need to be masked (it’s also helpful to visually distinguish them from the sophisticated)

kids under 12 are neither. They are germ buckets and need to be taught to treat each other as fellow germ buckets. That’s why for even recess they have to be masked, distanced and absolutely noplaying together

it’s science tm!
Can't have the same rules for the unwashed masses, Grace. That just wouldn't be paternalism.

So, if Grace travels 1500 miles for a family get together, that just means she is exercising her rights as a free American.

But if some politician or celebrity travels 1500 miles for a birthday party, then it’s proof that covid prevention rules are completely unsupported by science.

What kind of logic is that?

The simpler explanation is that these rules are hard to live with, and quite a few of us fall short. Some of those who fall short are celebrities and policians.

Obama’s party didn’t prove the science was wrong. It caused a case spike, just as predicted. Obama’s party proved the science was right.

So, if Grace travels 1500 miles for a family get together, that just means she is exercising her rights as a free American.

But if some politician or celebrity travels 1500 miles for a birthday party, then it’s proof that covid prevention rules are completely unsupported by science.

The simpler explanation is that these rules are hard to live with, and quite a few of us fall short. Some of those who fall short are celebrities and policians.

Obama’s party didn’t prove the science was wrong. It caused a case spike, just as predicted. Obama’s party proved the science was right.

I don't recall traveling 1500 miles for a family gathering. My family leans old and are heavily into the medical profession, so I doubt they'd ever contemplate something like this.

Technically, the met gala was within the law. Celebs who are "performing" which includes red carpet and awards have an exemption to the mask mandate. What this challenges is the hypocrisy of allowing that (because apparently being photographed seeing your smile is an important marker for celebs), while the servants at the same event have to be masked, as do children in NYC schools.

With the Obama thing that came under criticism is that sturgis was bad because it was a largely pro republican biker crowd (I can personally attest I did see some bad seeds with confederate flags and stuff but for the most part they were lovely people and one group even offered us their seats on a crowded patio as we were coming in), but the left leaning media spared Obama from criticism (and then he "cancelled" his party only to bring it back in a slightly reduced more under the radar form and made everyone sign a confidentiality agreement not to leak pictures).

My brother is on the board of directors of an inn at the bar organization. It's like a socializing/mixer thing for lawyers...social, networking and continuing education type thing with some fun events. They were hit hard in membership by COVID because firms were cutting back on expenses and solo practitioners/judges/inhouse types didn't want to spend the money if they weren't getting any benefit. They did a survey for what the membership wanted to do going forward. 50% were zoomed out...they didn't want to do anything more with zoom.

But another 40% also weren't up for in person meetings. Some reported because they were pregnant, some because they are old and concerned about the delta (and these tended to be the heavy hitters like judges and partners at firms), some because they felt in person gatherings would be irresponsible and some because they have too much on their plates (with remote work and kids with erratic school and activities schedules)

So with 50% of the membership opposed to zoom gatherings, and 40% opposed to in person gatherings, they are pretty much going to hang it up for the season. Maybe do some low key, small gatherings but pretty much that's it. Org may even fold.

I don't recall traveling 1500 miles for a family gathering. My family leans old and are heavily into the medical profession, so I doubt they'd ever contemplate something like this.

Technically, the met gala was within the law. Celebs who are "performing" which includes red carpet and awards have an exemption to the mask mandate. What this challenges is the hypocrisy of allowing that (because apparently being photographed seeing your smile is an important marker for celebs), while the servants at the same event have to be masked, as do children in NYC schools.

With the Obama thing that came under criticism is that sturgis was bad because it was a largely pro republican biker crowd (I can personally attest I did see some bad seeds with confederate flags and stuff but for the most part they were lovely people and one group even offered us their seats on a crowded patio as we were coming in), but the left leaning media spared Obama from criticism (and then he "cancelled" his party only to bring it back in a slightly reduced more under the radar form and made everyone sign a confidentiality agreement not to leak pictures).

I have to agree with @Grace T. here. The optics are just so out of whack. It just emphasizes, yet again, how out of touch politicians and other well-to-doers are with the general population. It's actually mind boggling. At some point we will all realize that the well-to-doers (regardless of party affiliation) really don't give a shit and actually probably thrive over the division we're seeing. I also think, at the end of the day all of us peons really want the same things and the division is what's preventing us from getting there. The grifters are guilty too (e.g., Ben Shapiro, Kieth Olberman, etc).

I have to agree with @Grace T. here. The optics are just so out of whack. It just emphasizes, yet again, how out of touch politicians and other well-to-doers are with the general population. It's actually mind boggling. At some point we will all realize that the well-to-doers (regardless of party affiliation) really don't give a shit and actually probably thrive over the division we're seeing. I also think, at the end of the day all of us peons really want the same things and the division is what's preventing us from getting there. The grifters are guilty too (e.g., Ben Shapiro, Kieth Olberman, etc).
Amen!

The strict constructionist is lying about the law again. NYC requires only that anti-vaxxers must wear masks, except when riding public transportation, in a school or healthcare setting, in group residential facilities, when in a store, restaurant or other public space when the owner requires it, or at work also if required by the employer. Here, all attendees at the Gala were required to be vaccinated and therefore not required to wear masks. In fact, even vaccinated employees were not required by any ordinance to wear a mask, and to the extent they were required to wear one, it was because it was required by their employer. Accordingly, there is no hypocrisy. To the extent the strict constructionist insinuates that the government is responsible for "hypocrisy" because it required employees to wear masks, she is lying again. One would think Grace T. would support an employer's ability to decide how to operate its business, which was exactly what was happening here. But the truth is, she is opposed to anyone who supports vaccines or masks, whether it's the federal government, a state government, a local jurisdiction, and now apparently private employers. Also, when Grace T. claims that guests at the Gala fundraiser were "performing", is that consistent with a "strict constructionist" theory? Do local ordinances that apply to employees now include guests at fundraisers because, you know, employee = guest in the dictionary?

Probably the most annoying thing about Grace T.'s opinions are that she apparently has not been employed during her adult life and therefore has no idea how anything actually works in business. While Grace T. prances around her keyboard making up nonsense about constitutional law showdowns and encouraging people to engage in behavior that jacks up everyone's healthcare costs, the truth is employers are requiring that employees wear masks because they don't want them getting sick and dying, because it's expensive. Schools and businesses are requiring masks for employees in large part due to the exorbitant increased healthcare and workers' comp. costs associated with the pandemic, which have increased in double digits for many employers and employees. While Grace T. claims it is all "hypocrisy" and falsely asserts that the city had something to do with why employees were wearing masks, that was just a lie. The truth is that businesses - including the city as it pertains to schools - are requiring masks because they are trying to keep healthcare costs down and can't do that if/when their anti-vaxxer employees or their dependents spend weeks in the ICU, so they make their employees wear masks and, in many cases now, get vaccinated. Or like at Delta Airlines, the anti-vaxxers get to pay more for their stupidity.

As for Grace T.'s attempt to equate Obama's birthday to Sturgis, that is more misleading b.s. Obama's party followed all CDC protocols, guests were instructed to be vaccinated and required presentation of a negative test prior to entry. Did Sturgis follow any protocols? Was a negative test required for entry? Were participants asked to be vaccinated? Essentially what Grace T. is claiming is that no liberals should be able to do anything regardless of how careful they are unless and until the confederate flag waving anti-vaxxer crowd gets to do whatever they want, regardless of how stupid they are. And even when they are allowed to do whatever they want, such as at Sturgis, liberals still shouldn't be allowed to do anything regardless of the precautions they take because it just isn't fair that anyone criticize them for being stupid.

Simply put... you're being played.

The strict constructionist is lying about the law again. NYC requires only that anti-vaxxers must wear masks, except when riding public transportation, in a school or healthcare setting, in group residential facilities, when in a store, restaurant or other public space when the owner requires it, or at work also if required by the employer. Here, all attendees at the Gala were required to be vaccinated and therefore not required to wear masks. In fact, even vaccinated employees were not required by any ordinance to wear a mask, and to the extent they were required to wear one, it was because it was required by their employer. Accordingly, there is no hypocrisy. To the extent the strict constructionist insinuates that the government is responsible for "hypocrisy" because it required employees to wear masks, she is lying again. One would think Grace T. would support an employer's ability to decide how to operate its business, which was exactly what was happening here. But the truth is, she is opposed to anyone who supports vaccines or masks, whether it's the federal government, a state government, a local jurisdiction, and now apparently private employers. Also, when Grace T. claims that guests at the Gala fundraiser were "performing", is that consistent with a "strict constructionist" theory? Do local ordinances that apply to employees now include guests at fundraisers because, you know, employee = guest in the dictionary?

Probably the most annoying thing about Grace T.'s opinions are that she apparently has not been employed during her adult life and therefore has no idea how anything actually works in business. While Grace T. prances around her keyboard making up nonsense about constitutional law showdowns and encouraging people to engage in behavior that jacks up everyone's healthcare costs, the truth is employers are requiring that employees wear masks because they don't want them getting sick and dying, because it's expensive. Schools and businesses are requiring masks for employees in large part due to the exorbitant increased healthcare and workers' comp. costs associated with the pandemic, which have increased in double digits for many employers and employees. While Grace T. claims it is all "hypocrisy" and falsely asserts that the city had something to do with why employees were wearing masks, that was just a lie. The truth is that businesses - including the city as it pertains to schools - are requiring masks because they are trying to keep healthcare costs down and can't do that if/when their anti-vaxxer employees or their dependents spend weeks in the ICU, so they make their employees wear masks and, in many cases now, get vaccinated. Or like at Delta Airlines, the anti-vaxxers get to pay more for their stupidity.

As for Grace T.'s attempt to equate Obama's birthday to Sturgis, that is more misleading b.s. Obama's party followed all CDC protocols, guests were instructed to be vaccinated and required presentation of a negative test prior to entry. Did Sturgis follow any protocols? Was a negative test required for entry? Were participants asked to be vaccinated? Essentially what Grace T. is claiming is that no liberals should be able to do anything regardless of how careful they are unless and until the confederate flag waving anti-vaxxer crowd gets to do whatever they want, regardless of how stupid they are. And even when they are allowed to do whatever they want, such as at Sturgis, liberals still shouldn't be allowed to do anything regardless of the precautions they take because it just isn't fair that anyone criticize them for being stupid.
Simply put...the long-term effects of the vax are unknown, and at this point, unknowable.

Back