USWNT

So are you saying that female players are less skilled or do you equate speed with skill?
Yeesh. Top female soccer players, on average, cannot beat top male soccer players.

That doesn't mean I won't buy season tickets if NWSL ever creates a team near me. I totally will. But it is silly to pretend that NC Courage could beat an EPL team.

Yeesh. Top female soccer players, on average, cannot beat top male soccer players.

That doesn't mean I won't buy season tickets if NWSL ever creates a team near me. I totally will. But it is silly to pretend that NC Courage could beat an EPL team.

The US womens national team regularly plays scimmages against 15 to 16-year-old boys teams (ODP or DA). They regularly lose badly. The boys have a ball.

When I said "skill" I was referring to ball handling skills, not speed/strength. You seem to confuse the two. Teams with players that are faster and stronger often beat teams that are more skilled, it happens in u-littles all the time.

When I said "skill" I was referring to ball handling skills, not speed/strength. You seem to confuse the two. Teams with players that are faster and stronger often beat teams that are more skilled, it happens in u-littles all the time.
What takes more skill hitting a base ball at 98 or at 55? Of course speed has something to do with skill. Speed and strength takes away time and space. So collecting a ball, skills etc requires more skill the faster the game becomes. Ubove 16 years old boys/men generally play at a faster rate with less time and space than girls/women. Thus they are more skillful. They strike the ball harder, they pass quicker and with more speed, they can drive a ball further, they change direction faster, they accelerate faster. All of that requires more skill on the ball because of those aspects. What part of it do you not get?

pulguita, thank you for the explanation and I agree on those points. There is also the fact that the men's game has had a longer time to evolve at a high level such that more men are capable of playing at a tactically higher level, which creates a better training environment for all men. Having said all of that, there are ahtletic areas where women are capable of things that men are not. Gymnastics comes to mind. In the end it is fruitless to compare the two. Men and women are different. While it is a good training tool for women to play against men, the differences in speed and strength force the women to play differently (especially keepers) such that this type of training is only done sparingly to avoid developing habits that would be detrimental in a high level women's game. I was never trying to assert that women's soccer was somehow better, only that it was worthwhile to watch. Sunday's NCAA Stanford vs. UNC was a great game.

USWNT 4 - Haiti 0

A win is a win as the reports are saying despite how poorly they played. They have a long road ahead if they want a chance in the Olympics after last nights play. It was ugly soccer.

USWNT 4 - Haiti 0

A win is a win as the reports are saying despite how poorly they played. They have a long road ahead if they want a chance in the Olympics after last nights play. It was ugly soccer.
I agree but am withholding judgement until the end of the tournament.

Here’s to hoping they lose every game this year.

You are part of the problem Joe. You are part of why so many black people are disillusioned in America. You are a traitor. Just like those that are okay with the Confederate flag being displayed. You are a fake patriot. I hope that nobody kneels on your daughter's neck. I hope that one day you need a person of color to show some mercy on you and some kindness towards you so that you can wake up to how fucking racist you are.

You make me sick.

Back