U16 YNT Roster

Heard there is a training camp next weekend...has there been a roster posted anywhere?

Interesting that not one player from LA or OC can make this roster but there is 4 from SD Surf.
It's even more lopsided when one considers that SD Surf has 3 players on the U17 roster, for which the 2006's are age-eligible also.

Interesting that not one player from LA or OC can make this roster but there is 4 from SD Surf.

Makes one wonder if this is truly the best list of players, or if it's the best list of players at clubs that US Soccer favors.

Congratulations to the girls who made it. However the list was made the accomplishment should be celebrated.

Makes one wonder if this is truly the best list of players, or if it's the best list of players at clubs that US Soccer favors.

Congratulations to the girls who made it. However the list was made the accomplishment should be celebrated.

wondering how many dual nationals are on these teams...All else being equal a dual national is probably going to get the edge

I would think you would want a dual national in your program early so when the time comes for them to choose you should have a built in advantage.

Interesting cuz I know some girls who turned out for Mexican YNT because they didn't play at a US Soccer favored club. US Soccer's loss, not theirs.

It's also interesting how the ladies are treated as opposed to the boys. There's always drama surrounding boys who are dually eligible for Mexico and US, and the talent level seems to be the determining factor. Whereas with girls, they'll willingly let someone go play for Mexican YNT like it's no problem.

Interesting cuz I know some girls who turned out for Mexican YNT because they didn't play at a US Soccer favored club. US Soccer's loss, not theirs.

I think the USWNT probably have a little advantage in being the best in the world that if these girls turn out to be strong enough to be on the senior team they can probably go back to them before they are cap tied and have a pretty decent shot in landing them

This is all second hand information, but I was told after losing out on Jonathan Gonzalez the US has been putting more focus on dual nationals . Not sure what that focus entails . Turns out Jonathan Gonzalez was not a can't miss product, but I believe at the time he was starting CB at 18 for one of the top clubs in Liga MX

I would think you would want a dual national in your program early so when the time comes for them to choose you should have a built in advantage.

The "advantage" being that you already have them on a national roster?

Who gets bumped off the roster to pursue that theory?

I’m biased because she plays for my daughters club but there’s a girl who is dual National that didn’t make this list that should have IMO, regardless of Nationality. Being dual didn’t help her.

I’m biased because she plays for my daughters club but there’s a girl who is dual National that didn’t make this list that should have IMO, regardless of Nationality. Being dual didn’t help her.

I probably should have asked, I wonder if dual nationals are playing into the selection of the YNT? ...

but based on the responses, does not appear so , at least not on the girl's side

I had some sour grapes when my kid missed making the first ever U14 YNT. I think she was robed but I did piss off two of the Docs who did the local picking....lol! I was way more concerned trying to get my child's players card from one Doc to another so she could help her friends win the Natty. Plus, I had no clue they did the actual picking that year. I have no idea how this group was picked but they were picked and I hope they all do amazing for our country. I do mean that 100%. It looks like Surf is producing the top talent in Socal. I also think with all the Elite Leagues in Socal, we should all be happy our kids are playing elite soccer at some level.

I had some sour grapes when my kid missed making the first ever U14 YNT. I think she was robed but I did piss off two of the Docs who did the local picking....lol! I was way more concerned trying to get my child's players card from one Doc to another so she could help her friends win the Natty. Plus, I had no clue they did the actual picking that year. I have no idea how this group was picked but they were picked and I hope they all do amazing for our country. I do mean that 100%. It looks like Surf is producing the top talent in Socal. I also think with all the Elite Leagues in Socal, we should all be happy our kids are playing elite soccer at some level.

how are the teams picked

scouts that work for US soccer , then bring a group to a camp and select from there?

Anyone know who the scouts are for US soccer in Southern California ?

Back