Those looking to move clubs but playing spring season, logistically when would you do it?

Don't want to debate about the merits of moving clubs as I'm sure the situation is unique to each player/family.

Just curious on logistics of moving within SoCal League if your team is also playing spring. We are new to SoCal League and it seems spring season will run March to May(?)...

So if one is moving clubs when spring season is also played, when would you do that?

In Feb/March when state cups are done and before spring season?
In May/June when spring season is done?
Any time in the summer before fall season?
According to SoCal rules, player can move clubs as soon as they payed in full for the season at they current club. DOC can not block the transfer if this condition is met.

Don't want to debate about the merits of moving clubs as I'm sure the situation is unique to each player/family.

Just curious on logistics of moving within SoCal League if your team is also playing spring. We are new to SoCal League and it seems spring season will run March to May(?)...

So if one is moving clubs when spring season is also played, when would you do that?

In Feb/March when state cups are done and before spring season?
In May/June when spring season is done?
Any time in the summer before fall season?

Unless your coach is a complete jerk- You should stay with your current club until the completion of State Cup.
Depending on your age group- that could be April to finish out group play. Mid may if you make it to the SoCal finals. I guess there is some level of play against NorCal after that.

Last edited:
Oh man, it was so horrible bro. BTW, welcome to the fabulous socal soccer forum. I see your a new member and have questions like so many do. Luis had questions and I helped him out as well. Crush is here to help my fellow parent any time. Basically, I pissed off a Doc that cheated and lied all the time and had questionable behavioral issues with the moms and the coaches and held all the power and control of my dd future in his hands. I went to the high command and was told to STFU or you will be blacklisted. I laughed at first but now I dont laugh anymore.

I agree with you that parents need a seat at the table...

Okay sounds like the the consensus is to play through all the state cups (which was our original plan since we paid for that already...) but leave before the spring season (we have not paid for this).

Huh? Are you saying that a seperate spring league doesnt exist? Because the 07 and above age groups play SoCal games into late March.

separate spring league is only for 09 and younger right?
olders seem to have their "fall" league play continue to March and then state cup games in April and May

there is no more socal soccer spring league

So no optional spring league in April/May for 2015-2009?
I'd prefer that for the kids if true... play some futsal or indoor... instead of going straight back into league play again with home and away games...
I guess we can always opt not to play the spring anyway... but seems like my son's coach and manager want to play it...

So no optional spring league in April/May for 2015-2009?
I'd prefer that for the kids if true... play some futsal or indoor... instead of going straight back into league play again with home and away games...
I guess we can always opt not to play the spring anyway... but seems like my son's coach and manager want to play it...
What is the consensus on this? Are there Spring league games in SOCAL for the youngers? If not, State Cup looks over by March (especially if you suck). That's a big gap before two and four letter leauges pick back up (assuming this is mid-summer). U12's will need some type of transition league or something.

When its time to go, leave. The longer you wait the worse off it becomes for you and your family. Its youth soccer and no one here signed a contract in blood. Bottom line Club soccer's a business. You can leave at anytime and if you want the cleanest break possible DO NOT ASK FOR A REFUND.
100%

Oh man, it was so horrible bro. BTW, welcome to the fabulous socal soccer forum. I see your a new member and have questions like so many do. Luis had questions and I helped him out as well. Crush is here to help my fellow parent any time. Basically, I pissed off a Doc that cheated and lied all the time and had questionable behavioral issues with the moms and the coaches and held all the power and control of my dd future in his hands. I went to the high command and was told to STFU or you will be blacklisted. I laughed at first but now I dont laugh anymore.

Please fill us in on what club you ar referring to so we can make sure NOT to let our kids play there!

When its time to go, leave. The longer you wait the worse off it becomes for you and your family. Its youth soccer and no one here signed a contract in blood. Bottom line Club soccer's a business. You can leave at anytime and if you want the cleanest break possible DO NOT ASK FOR A REFUND.
I agree with all this and I know you sir have experience in this arena. However, when you try and leave some of these places, the club soccer family will make it difficult to leave "The Firm" and it can feel like being in a weird cult. All this abuse to just play a few soccer matches. It can go really bad if the cult leader has all the connections to play at the next level as well and you go against what the cult leader says. No need to ask for refund when most of these cults will give free everything to top producers. You just have to pay with your blood, sweat and tears and risk mental injury and physical injury, all so you can pay to play soccer. Pay with your Blood also=Total obedience and total loyalty to the boss or else. Plus you still have to STFU and dont dare ask or question anything. We can lie whenever we want some say. All you have to do is STFU and work hard at your craft and give us your blood, sweat and tears and loyalty and it will go well for you.

Back