Texas ECNL and Frontier Conference

Good read

Chris,

I'm a subscriber to your paper and doing my part to help the Statesman continue to provide local news here in Austin.

As I read the article you posted this morning I was impressed with the statements you included that were made by the DOC of Sting Austin and how you talked to Sting parents about their experiences and the future of the club. Oh, wait a minute, you didn't do that at all! In fact there was NOTHING in your article about Sting Austin and the great job they're doing for girls soccer here in the Austin area. Your article reads as a big pity party for Lonestar and how they deserve to get ECNL back. You don't mention one word about the following important facts:

1) Lonestar turned it's back on ECNL in 2017 and their DOC's and top coaches have bad mouthed the league and said it was full of losers ever since they chose to go with DA. You think that doesn't get back to ECNL headquarters?!?

2) Sting Dallas was offered to be ECNL and DA (like FC Dallas, the Dallas Texans, and Solar) in 2017. Sting Dallas chose to be faithful to ECNL and turned down it's DA spot because, among other things, the club listened to the girls playing for Sting who had a strong desire to play soccer in high school.

3) As a reward for being faithful to ECNL Sting Dallas was awarded with ECNL to it's existing division here in Austin.

4) In order to not lose more girls to Sting Austin, Lonestar has lied to it's parents each year to keep stringing them along. I heard (not first hand, but from a Lonestar parent who is my friend) that the latest lie told this Spring was that Lonestar would be fielding two girls DA teams in each age group for 2020-21. Well, that lie didn't work out too well for them...

5) Lonestar rents soccer fields all over the region they don't need just to lock out access for other clubs. They allow fields all over Austin to be empty so other area clubs can't utilize them.

Chris, you're clearly a Lonestar sympathizer. The fact is Lonestar spent years making their bed. Now, it's time for them to lay in it. They are getting exactly what they deserve and have earned.

I think it’s GREAT that Sting Austin is the top competitive club in Austin now and will be proud to contribute to their success moving forward.

Maybe your next article on girls soccer in the Austin area will be more forthright and give all the views of the subject and not just the narrative you're trying to sell.

Chris,

I'm a subscriber to your paper and doing my part to help the Statesman continue to provide local news here in Austin.

As I read the article you posted this morning I was impressed with the statements you included that were made by the DOC of Sting Austin and how you talked to Sting parents about their experiences and the future of the club. Oh, wait a minute, you didn't do that at all! In fact there was NOTHING in your article about Sting Austin and the great job they're doing for girls soccer here in the Austin area. Your article reads as a big pity party for Lonestar and how they deserve to get ECNL back. You don't mention one word about the following important facts:

1) Lonestar turned it's back on ECNL in 2017 and their DOC's and top coaches have bad mouthed the league and said it was full of losers ever since they chose to go with DA. You think that doesn't get back to ECNL headquarters?!?

2) Sting Dallas was offered to be ECNL and DA (like FC Dallas, the Dallas Texans, and Solar) in 2017. Sting Dallas chose to be faithful to ECNL and turned down it's DA spot because, among other things, the club listened to the girls playing for Sting who had a strong desire to play soccer in high school.

3) As a reward for being faithful to ECNL Sting Dallas was awarded with ECNL to it's existing division here in Austin.

4) In order to not lose more girls to Sting Austin, Lonestar has lied to it's parents each year to keep stringing them along. I heard (not first hand, but from a Lonestar parent who is my friend) that the latest lie told this Spring was that Lonestar would be fielding two girls DA teams in each age group for 2020-21. Well, that lie didn't work out too well for them...

5) Lonestar rents soccer fields all over the region they don't need just to lock out access for other clubs. They allow fields all over Austin to be empty so other area clubs can't utilize them.

Chris, you're clearly a Lonestar sympathizer. The fact is Lonestar spent years making their bed. Now, it's time for them to lay in it. They are getting exactly what they deserve and have earned.

I think it’s GREAT that Sting Austin is the top competitive club in Austin now and will be proud to contribute to their success moving forward.

Maybe your next article on girls soccer in the Austin area will be more forthright and give all the views of the subject and not just the narrative you're trying to sell.
The truth shall set you free indeed. I dont know what actually happened over there, but I went through some interesting sh*t too. Welcome to soccer forum in socal.

The truth shall set you free indeed. I dont know what actually happened over there, but I went through some interesting sh*t too. Welcome to soccer forum in socal.

Thank you Ellejustus - We were SoCal until moving here in 2011. You guys are much more dialed in to getting the "cream to rise to the top". Dallas is close - A lot to learn here.

Chris,

Glad to see youth soccer is the same in many big states!

I guess it will be interesting to see what tryouts are like TX once they are allowed. I imagine you will have it way more us in CA

No, I'm clearly saying nothing of the sort. What I am saying is you are insinuating something that has no basis in fact. That section of the website hasn't been updated in a year and a half.

Should be a whole lot more clarity on Frontier GA League and Texas ECNL in the next 24 hours. There are going to be some clear winners and losers.

Should be a whole lot more clarity on Frontier GA League and Texas ECNL in the next 24 hours. There are going to be some clear winners and losers.
I asked this in the NorCal forum as well -- are clubs whether they were former DA, ECNL or whatever league exists in Texas talking to the parents about the situation and what they will be doing going forward?

Sounds like it is going to get interesting in TX. What's your prediction on how it shakes out and where are you hearing things will sort out by tomorrow?

Sounds like it is going to get interesting in TX. What's your prediction on how it shakes out and where are you hearing things will sort out by tomorrow?

What should happen is FC Dallas, Lonestar, and Oklahoma Energy should be brought into the ECNL Conference and Sting Austin, Dallas Texans, and Oklahoma Celtic demoted to ECRL to make an outstanding 10 team ECNL conference.

But that isn’t what I think will happen, which is probably that Dash, Energy, and Lonestar are going to be left out, with FCD let into ECNL along with Solar 2 (or maybe - god forbid, but this is a political thing and not a soccer thing - Sting 2 gets in). That makes 12 teams for ECNL.

And losing FC Dallas puts the Girls Academy Frontier Conference on thin ice. Unclear if it’s going to make it sense being so spread out (for ex-DA clubs, that leaves 2 south Texas teams, 1 Oklahoma team, 1 Colorado team, 1 Kansas team, 1 Nebraska team). Thats a hard sell to families.

I really think it will be a hard sell even with FCD, travelling to CO to play one game for any of the remaining clubs will be a hard pill to swallow.

I really think it will be a hard sell even with FCD, travelling to CO to play one game for any of the remaining clubs will be a hard pill to swallow.
Travel Leagues Suck unless you have lot's of extra money to travel with or your stupid like me and put it on a cc......lol.....not!!!!! Too much travel in the past you guys. Less and less travel and more local teams like coach timbuck talks about. One other reason ((so many now)) the GDA failed was they tried to keep second tier players from trying their luck with ECNL. That right there was a marketing war move, especially telling some folks the ECNL is dead in Socal and the true league is the GDA and it's new sister league, the DPL.

Update on DPL. I stand corrected. It was started in 2017, just like the GDA. I was at a club that had both DA and ECNL. They weren't the original members the first year. My bad. I found this on America's voice for soccer. My sincere apologies to Beach, Legends, Albion and mt AZ friends. You started the league first for obvious reason. There lies the problem I believe. I think if your clubs stuck with being the league for the 2% and if you can;t cut it. go to ECNL would have been the noble thing to do. Because some clubs were offering fully funded GDA, it was rumored that all top clubs had to fund their girls program. How does one do that? You need two teams and some rich parents to support all that travel. Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams help fund the Academy teams and that's why DPL was formed in SW. Nothing wrong with that move unless you lie to parents one week that you're ECNL and then change the sign with DPL. Bad taste.....

Last edited:
Back