Team Stats

etc1217

SILVER ELITE
This is more of a rhetorical question...why isn't there a consistent way to keep record of a team’s W-L-T for “every” game they play.

There’s Got Soccer, where they only count certain tournaments and give points for those then there is TGS where their tournaments aren’t even accounted for.

There’s league, where SCDSL gives no points but if you play CSL you get points.

Then tournaments are using rankings (Got Soccer) which is bias and may not be a true representation of the team’s ability.

I know there is the website youthsoccerranking but it isn’t considered an “official” soccer website. But it is the most accurate when it comes to providing stats on a team.

It just seems stupid to me how inconsistent youth soccer is. It would make sense to have just one system in place that ranks the all teams according to games played no matter the tournament/league. But then again, I’m talking about youth soccer....

Which gender/age group are you looking for rankings?
I'm not looking for any particular ranking. It was more so, why there is no consistent way to rank the teams. Since some games count and some just don't, like I mentioned in my post.

If you or anyone else is interested in keeping accurate stats/rankings (for one age/gender) PM me and I will send you the spreadsheet to do so. The rankings (after a large enough sample size of games) will be much more accurate than GotSoccer and more accurate than YouthSoccerRankings as they miss games, assign results to wrong teams and have duplicate or missing teams. But for the most part YS > GS.

Back