Surf Cup 2016 (04s)

No time like the present to start the ball rolling again.....The CRL event shed a little light on how some of the SoCal teams are shaping up, but one has to take into consideration that many of the team's only had a week of practice leading up to the weekend and probably weren't at their best. Also factor in a little player movement that I've seen happening (was it the DA announcement or just ironic timing? Who knows, maybe both) could change the landscape of some of these teams.

Last edited:
No time like the present to start the ball rolling again.....The CRL event shed a little light on how some of the SoCal teams are shaping up, but one has to take into consideration that many of the team's only had a week of practice leading up to the weekend and probably weren't at their best. Also factor in a little player movement that I've seen happening (was it the DA announcement or just ironic timing? Who knows, maybe both) could change the landscape of some of these teams b

Hell - Looks like I'm heading back to Eagles.......... They got the DA nod.

Where's ILOVETHISGAME when you need him????

My Top 4 to win the Cup

Solar
MVLA
Real SoCal
Force

Long shots---Beach LB, LAGSD (homer)

Winner---Soccer18 drinks a brewski out of the cup on Monday night.

My Top 4 to win the Cup

Solar
MVLA
Real SoCal
Force

Long shots---Beach LB, LAGSD (homer)

Winner---Soccer18 drinks a brewski out of the cup on Monday night.

Lone Wolf - There's nothing I'd like more than to have our girls fight hard enough to earn that Cup....... And yes - an Ice cold brewski would taste awfully nice (with that Fireball Chaser). But we'd have to get past a lot of great teams to do it. Gonna be awfully tough to even get out of our bracket, having DeAnza in there with us. And I've learned that you can't ever look past RB's Arsenal teams, especially at surf. He's likely to guest half the state of Texas there sitting on his bench.

Both Beach and Galaxy SD are not long shots. This tournament is so stacked it's going to be a lot of games that are nail biters.

Absolutely agree. Whoever does end up hoisting the Cup will have earned the bragging rights of having beaten truly the best of the best. This year's field is TOP NOTCH - despite the fact the the seedings are absolutely JACKED-UP. We could start an entirely new thread on this one.

Does anybody know if the DA clubs/teams will play surf cup? If so, this may be the last year it will truly be "best of the best." Down the line it may only be "best of the rest."

Back