State Cup rules

Are teams really expected to sign up for a tournament before the rules are posted?

Table on Page 5 defines what is meant by 9U through 19U.

3.1 A team must have played at least 4 games in a Cal South fall league to be eligible.

3.16 Cup Tied rule now applies at 6PM on the Draw Day. I recall it being 11:59 PM of the day before, but it has been a long time since I had to worry about it. An advantage of modern technology?

3.17 Roster Freeze applies at 6PM three days before first competition (so Wednesday for Saturday starts and Thursday for Sunday starts).

5.6.3.1 says "the top 16 teams from the previous year’s State Cup will be seeded" and then explains how it is done.

7.3 Duration of Game includes columns for heading rules (9U through 11U) and buildout line (9U and 10U).

7.12.1 - no cellphone use in the technical area. I wonder what the point of that is.

7.12.7 - no artificial noise devices allowed on the sidelines. I assume that applies to spectators, although it is in a section about coaches. No matracas? Vuvuzelas? Cowbells?

National Cup rules are pretty much the same except for different paragraph numbering and 19U teams can be formed just for the tournament.

What rules could there be that would cause you to not sign up?

Honestly one big one is game length. For 06's some tournaments still do 25 min halves instead of 30. doesn't sound like much but but an extra 10 minutes a game makes a big difference when trying to get kids ample time. I wouldn't knowingly play in a tournament that had only 25s. State is the exception. We're playing that regardless.

Table on Page 5 defines what is meant by 9U through 19U.

3.1 A team must have played at least 4 games in a Cal South fall league to be eligible.

3.16 Cup Tied rule now applies at 6PM on the Draw Day. I recall it being 11:59 PM of the day before, but it has been a long time since I had to worry about it. An advantage of modern technology?

3.17 Roster Freeze applies at 6PM three days before first competition (so Wednesday for Saturday starts and Thursday for Sunday starts).

5.6.3.1 says "the top 16 teams from the previous year’s State Cup will be seeded" and then explains how it is done.

7.3 Duration of Game includes columns for heading rules (9U through 11U) and buildout line (9U and 10U).

7.12.1 - no cellphone use in the technical area. I wonder what the point of that is.

7.12.7 - no artificial noise devices allowed on the sidelines. I assume that applies to spectators, although it is in a section about coaches. No matracas? Vuvuzelas? Cowbells?

National Cup rules are pretty much the same except for different paragraph numbering and 19U teams can be formed just for the tournament.

7.12.7 - I have my Vuvuzelas app on my phone, outside the Technical area ;)

Back