*SoCalSoccer Database Deleted*

I'm pretty sure it was Professor Plum and he hacked the forum with the candlestick.

Anyway I'm digging the new forum, though I admit I miss the "Thanks" buttons.

Btw, if you still have access to the server, the data is probably still there on the server hard drive. Normally when you delete a file, the actual file isn't deleted. Just the reference to that file's location is deleted. Then eventually the file gets overwritten as more data is written to the hard drive. So if a file gets deleted and you don't add anymore files, you actually have a decent chance of recovering that deleted file. But the more new files and data added, the harder it is to recover it. That's data recovery in a nutshell.

Very vindictive and pathetic for someone to go through the trouble of hacking and deleting a youth soccer forum. You'd think they would have better things to do.

I'm pretty sure it was Professor Plum and he hacked the forum with the candlestick.

Anyway I'm digging the new forum, though I admit I miss the "Thanks" buttons.

Btw, if you still have access to the server, the data is probably still there on the server hard drive. Normally when you delete a file, the actual file isn't deleted. Just the reference to that file's location is deleted. Then eventually the file gets overwritten as more data is written to the hard drive. So if a file gets deleted and you don't add anymore files, you actually have a decent chance of recovering that deleted file. But the more new files and data added, the harder it is to recover it. That's data recovery in a nutshell.

Very vindictive and pathetic for someone to go through the trouble of hacking and deleting a youth soccer forum. You'd think they would have better things to do.
There is a "like" button.

"(posters want to avoid negative ratings)"
There were a few posters (who have not yet found this again) who seemed to post for no other reason.

They sell mirrors on Amazon Spola......

images

Dom how do I stop from getting email alert every time someone posts in a thread? I'd like to set it so I don't get any email alerts ever.

Click on your username in the upper-right corner. Click preferences and un-check "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply.."

You can do it a couple of other ways, too.

Back