Surf - EGSL
Surf - Barclay
Slammers FC
SC Blues - Draluck
SC Blues - Kale
Strikers - OC - EGSL
Strikers - OC - Black
West Coast FC

Exciting... wow... but glad the games are local... and hope they can be rescheduled with a sister team if a good movie comes out.

Did anybody notice that arsenal FC does not have a flight 1 team.
Their 05s from last season were primarily 06s and moved with Coach Whitfield to Anaheim Surf.

Arsenal FC has brought in a new coach but looks like they weren't able to draw the players in time to form a Flight I team.

Interesting groupings of teams...I think there are two flight one groups and a flight 1B. Not complaining because I think my DD team is properly slotted in the 1B group.

Interesting groupings of teams...I think there are two flight one groups and a flight 1B. Not complaining because I think my DD team is properly slotted in the 1B group.
South really stands out to me as being legit. North division may be top heavy, throw that in with the depth of # of teams in South II and I think South II is a very good division.

I thought that as well (and my DD is in same group) seems like the surf cup Black group..
but I was told it wasn't divided up like that. But I'm not complaining... This group is a nice solid group and we will have great competition and development. Looking forward to it.

I thought that as well (and my DD is in same group) seems like the surf cup Black group..
but I was told it wasn't divided up like that. But I'm not complaining... This group is a nice solid group and we will have great competition and development. Looking forward to it.
Very competitive group indeed.

The South Division is by far the toughest bracket in SCDSL league, some very challenging teams, its going to make for some very entertaining soccer.

Surf - EGSL
SC Blues - Draluck
Strikers - OC - EGSL
Legends FC

I have to fully agree with you. Talk about Strength of Schedule (sos) for those of you number crunchers out there in the South bracket.

I can only imagine that LAGSB in the North and Blues Kale in South II must be licking their chops.

Okay, can someone explain why Legends is in South instead of North?
And no I don't see North to be similar to South 2. South 2 has 4 sister teams.

The showcase games don't look to be random - Surf plays LAGSB and Beach for instance. How are these games picked?

The showcase games don't look to be random - Surf plays LAGSB and Beach for instance. How are these games picked?
Just a hunch, teams are ranked in their particular grouping (North, South, etc.) and paired up against their counterparts in the other groups. Top teams vs top teams, middle of the pack vs. middle of the pack, etc.

Just a hunch, teams are ranked in their particular grouping (North, South, etc.) and paired up against their counterparts in the other groups. Top teams vs top teams, middle of the pack vs. middle of the pack, etc.
That was exactly what happened last year with the U10s, with the addition that before the scheduled was released the teams had played a few games in SCDSL Fall, so that even though there was not an official table, the top teams of each conference would play each other, and so forth.

Back