Prfc announcement

CCV never had any letter league. Seemed like they were against it. They may do something like E64 but would be uncharacteristic for them to do EA/ECNL/DPL/GA. They may have done some desert conference or one offs but never a formal league. Think SCDS say they keep DPL as reserves for their GA teams and sells the dream of moving players between them but the reality is SCDS GA swaps discontents with Royals and Rising ECNL. Some of the SCDS teams are good in DPL but they are facing the top teams from Premier, AZSC and FC Arizona so it usually doesn't work out for them. SCDS has a very good college recruitment record dating back to when they were ECNL before DA. They continue to do will with that.. RSL has the two EAs because EA allowed it when they applied after they lost ECNL. More money for them, they keep players that would have gone to EA somewhere else. CCV was never in SAAZ the president of ASA (who has roots in CCV) would never allow it.

They since the beginning of desert conference have been playing in it.

The best tournament in the state is Presidents cup, run by Del Sol. RSL runs something like 6 tournaments, and they are nothing to write home about. Rising run 2. There's a big difference between running a tournament over 3 days versus a league over 3 months, as they have found out. They have had 2 years to make saaz into something and clubs seem to be exiting rather than joining. IMV, the break was all ego & control. The clubs could have changed ASA as they were the voting members, with the number of votes being relative to the number of teams you had. Maybe they didn't have the votes 🤔 and just threw their toys out of the pram.

The best boys teams in saaz should be desperate to get back into ASA as that would greatly widen the quality and quantity of their competition.

Girls side is hosed for both leagues anyway with 4 ECNL/GA teams in the state and 3 ECRL and 5 DPL teams, the rest is just rec with a large price tag, so one big rec league would work there (just don't tell the parents its rec 🤫 or they might stop being the ATM for the clubs).

Tuzos is a great feeder into the top programs and always have very good teams. If those top programs can't develop the players further then maybe its not on Tuzos. Then again, the number of players that make the very top level is miniscule, and that's taking MLS as the very top level which it isn't obviously.

Do you know how Premier got EA? A quick look at saaz and they are nowhere near good enough. To say that makes a joke of EA is an understatement ...
What about futures cup? I play in SCDS Presidents Cup every year and enjoy it but IMHO I like the competion in futures cup more.

What about futures cup? I play in SCDS Presidents Cup every year and enjoy it but IMHO I like the competion in futures cup more.
I remember during Covid going out to Phoenix and Bullhead City / Laughlin for tournaments. I believe even Surf Cup happened in Phoenix for a couple of years. We stayed at some hotel that had waterside and a lazy river. Then later in Paradise for league games. Everything was always well run and everyone had fun.

I'm 99% sure that I'll retire in Scottdale.

I hear it's a done deal that Rising and Arsenal are coming back to ASA. Minor change on the boys side for in-state play, but big impact on the girls side for in-state play. It will make for a better APL league for sure (duh-more teams playing in the same league will naturally tend to do that!).

I hear it's a done deal that Rising and Arsenal are coming back to ASA. Minor change on the boys side for in-state play, but big impact on the girls side for in-state play. It will make for a better APL league for sure (duh-more teams playing in the same league will naturally tend to do that!).
Any word on RSL?

From a DOC at one of those clubs. I asked about RSL switching back to ASA and he didn't know. I asked several RSL coaches and they didn't know about Rising/Arsenal plans or their own club plans. I don't see how SAAZ stays viable with a couple big clubs leaving.

Back