Pre-Ecnl league?

Saw a club advertising they will be playing in a pre-ecnl league (Girls 2013s and 2014s). What does this mean? They would not play in socal league anymore and is this really happening?

Also another club advertising ECNL-RL2. What is this?

Saw a club advertising they will be playing in a pre-ecnl league (Girls 2013s and 2014s). What does this mean? They would not play in socal league anymore and is this really happening?

its based on stuff that doesn't not exist yet as far as i understand it. Praying on parents emotions

ECNL > ECRL > ECRL 2 > Pre-ECNL
same thing as in the past. lol
Flight 1 > Flight 2 > Flight 3

Let the renaming and rebranding begin again...Hardly and schools/scouts attend ECRL games as it is...it's just another way for CLUBS to charge more..

ECNL > ECRL > ECRL 2 > Pre-ECNL
same thing as in the past. lol
Flight 1 > Flight 2 > Flight 3

Let the renaming and rebranding begin again...Hardly and schools/scouts attend ECRL games as it is...it's just another way for CLUBS to charge more..

Pre-ECNL appears to be for those younger than the existing ECNL age groupings, it's not a level of play.

Which club? Do you have a screenshot?

"ECNL-RL2" was floated last year as a replacement name for NPL, not a new level of play. Here is the thread here discussing it:

Google implies that there is no acceptance of this term yet, with 1 club in Virginia showing up as naming their younger 2nd teams ECNL-RL2, but it isn't really found anywhere else.

There are clubs out there touting the Pre-ECNL title. It makes one assume they are on track for the ECNL team right?
The "pre-ecnl" teams are younger teams, typically the top teams of the age group in club, that would be expected to turn into the club's ECNL teams when they reach U13. For most places at the moment, it's just a name, and doesn't really mean anything other than an attempt at marketing the top team. For some places, there is an actual "pre-ecnl" league, where other U11-U12 ish teams compete. So yes - it's so parents can say their kids are on the "going to be ECNL as time passes" team.

pre ECNL, pre ga , pre DPL, pre mls next , pre NPL , gold , elite , academy , pre -academy

What other names for the younger teams am I missing that really emphasize how amazing said team is ?

For just "Pre-ECNL", here is some info from SR:

2016B: None of the top #100
2015B: 1 of the top #100
2014B: 2 of the top #100
2013B: 18 of the top #100
2012B: 9 of the top #100
2011B: 2 of the top #100

2016G: 1 of top #100
2015G: None of top #100
2014G: 6 of top #100
2013G: 19 of top #100
2012G: 26 of top #100
2011G: None of the top #100

None of the other terms appear to be close, with less teams using them across the board. The exceptions is "Pre MLS", which is popular in 2012B, but not much anywhere else; and "Academy", which shows up in both genders and all age groups pretty consistently.

Which club? Do you have a screenshot?
The caption implies there is a "pre-ecnl" bracket in the southwest conference? I think they might have taken this down though.

As for RL-2, I heard from other parents about a Slammers location and did briefly see something posted but cannot find it again.

Anyways, wondering if these are just rumors still or any smart parents have any good info before everyone signs contracts again.

Attachments

• IMG_9143.jpg
    IMG_9143.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 15
The caption implies there is a "pre-ecnl" bracket in the southwest conference? I think they might have taken this down though.

As for RL-2, I heard from other parents about a Slammers location and did briefly see something posted but cannot find it again.

Anyways, wondering if these are just rumors still or any smart parents have any good info before everyone signs contracts again.

Yep - it sure does. The Eagles have had "Pre-ECNL" teams playing for several seasons of boys & girls; this isn't a new term for that club. There are several other "Pre-ECNL" named teams in socal as well that would certainly consider themselves reasonable candidates for any new bracket named pre-ecnl.

Like you, can't find any information about ECNL-RL2 at Slammers or anywhere else at the moment. There certainly isn't a 2023-2024 team that carries that designation; maybe there is one being considered for 2024-2025?

Clubs have been calling U11 and U12 “pre-ECNL” for at least five years. Mostly, it just means the top team at the club for that year.

Eagles U11 and U12 play in coast. They also attend “pre-ECNL” events, such as ECNL San Diego.

My kid’s team (U14) plays against them occasionally, and we’ve always been impressed. Nice kids who play a very good game of soccer. They also keep the roster small enough for everyone to get decent playing time. Locals can probably give you a better scoop.

Yep - it sure does. The Eagles have had "Pre-ECNL" teams playing for several seasons of boys & girls; this isn't a new term for that club. There are several other "Pre-ECNL" named teams in socal as well that would certainly consider themselves reasonable candidates for any new bracket named pre-ecnl.

Like you, can't find any information about ECNL-RL2 at Slammers or anywhere else at the moment. There certainly isn't a 2023-2024 team that carries that designation; maybe there is one being considered for 2024-2025?

Instagram post from Surf regarding upcoming tryouts now references "3 platforms", the third being "ECNL-RL California" for the girls' side.

Seems like this will be the previously speculated "RL-2." Wondering if it will be in addition to, or instead of, NPL.

If it follows the boys side, and moreso, what's already happened in NorCal, ECNL-RL just becomes the new name of what was the top level of NPL.

It also confuses things that there is already a showcase called "ECNL-RL California" on the ECNL site, scheduled for Mar 8-10, 2024:

Are they referring to that, is it related, or is it completely separate....

My guess is that whatever they were calling ECNL-RL2 is ECNL-RL California? Therefore under ECNL-RL but even more regional?

Back