Poll: Bringing Albion Cup back to San Diego?

Would it be better to bring the Albion Showcase back to San Diego w/ new guideline changes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WestOfFive

SILVER
There has been some talk about re-scheduling Albion Cup and bringing it back to San Diego. Is it possible we can get more teams to register and have more brackets?

With SCDSL and Presidio looking to start leagues up on March 20th, I would not be surprised if teams start pulling out of out-of-state tournaments.
It’s already happening in Norcal. Parents are less willing to sign up for the trips now that scrimmages are legal.

I would love to see them reschedule it for San Diego, but I don't see that happening. It's too close and too many things have been set and scheduled. I've been wrong before and definitely will be again, but I don't see Albion changing it.

Every one will rather have local tournaments.

With the current CDPH guidance local tournaments not permitted so might take some court action or other things before we actually see them.

To move something that's near the end of the line is a big logistic Challenge and it will cost them $$ so not likely but never know.

With CDPH guidelines, a SD event is limited to SD, orange, Imperial, and Riverside. Even then, you are limited to one game per day and no tournament-style gathering.

You’re better off with an async event in OC spread over several days and several locations. At least then you get OC, SB, Riv, SD, and LA - though they can’t all play each other.

If Albion doesn't, Surf should throw together a tourney for same dates for all SoCal teams not into more traveling.

Do you know if this is at all age groups? Hopefully they do reschedule it . I would much rather go to San Diego over Bullhead City.

Schedules are posted, past the drop deadline lines, hotels deposits made so I would be surprised to see a reschedule. They will find filer teams or rearrange the brackets and keep some $$ I would guess.

Schedules are posted, past the drop deadline lines, hotels deposits made so I would be surprised to see a reschedule. They will find filer teams or rearrange the brackets and keep some $$ I would guess.

Schedule is down. Wonder how many teams have pulled out

Back