Opening up all Schools and Youth Sports now

500,000 people have not died in car accidents. The utility of driving also outweighs the risk of the few deaths that occur, while the risk of teaching in person when you can instead do it remotely does not.

The risk of dying of covid might be .15 overall (you are lying about the .05), but it’s a hell of a lot higher for a teacher and their family members when you force them into a room with 30 kids, and then another, and then another, five times a day at the height of a pandemic before they’ve been vaccinated.

I get that this magat argument about cars is appealing to the brain dead, but it’s a brain dead argument. You aren’t weighing the relative risks, you aren’t considering the relative utility of the behaviors, you aren’t considering the existence of feasible alternatives. Nope, you’re just grasping at whatever strawman argument you can make to rationalize what you want. This is the one of the reasons unions exist - to protect members from idiots who don’t care about their health, welfare or safety. Good for the unions.
YESSS!!! Bonus points for getting , “straw man”and “magat” in the same response....winning is fun!

You should try it some time.

“Teachers you are accountable for what your union does.”
This is a load of crap. You think that CTA speaks for all teachers or even the majority! Keep thinking the vast majority of teachers are going along with this! I don’t! But, I’m all of sudden accountable because they are acting independently! Kinda like a state official I didn’t vote for who pushed legislation I disagree with, right? I’m accountable because I live in their jurisdiction.
*This is also a separate union that does not represent me at the district level. But, obviously I have the president of CTA personal number.
I agree, I have heard from many teachers that they don’t agree with what CTA is doing. They want to be back in the classrooms immediately

I agree, I have heard from many teachers that they don’t agree with what CTA is doing. They want to be back in the classrooms immediately
Then actively join the fight...a large, loud, and unified voice coming from teachers demanding to be back in the classroom "immediately" would have a big impact!

Unfortunately, It's been a year, I'm not holding my breath.

Back