Mayors Cup

Any guess on the top 8 ?

My guess is MVLA and Crossfire for Norcal.
Heat, Players for NV.
Surf, Legends, Eagles for socal.
La Roca for Utah

(for 2010. no idea on 2011)
Great Question...

3 flights and 40+ team already

Flight 1possible teams
AJ United
MVLA
Crossfire
Surf SD
Legends FC
Eagles
City FC
Heat FC
Players
LFC So Cal - was OC Galaxy last year

How many teams in flight 1? 8 or 12?

Great Question...

3 flights and 40+ team already

Flight 1possible teams
AJ United
MVLA
Crossfire
Surf SD
Legends FC
Eagles
City FC
Heat FC
Players
LFC So Cal - was OC Galaxy last year

How many teams in flight 1? 8 or 12?
Wouldn't put the Legends team in there, that team moved to Arsenal and I dont see them registered yet.

Ive checked the site, 74 teams in 2010. should be fun scheduling that if they plan on accepting them all

Boys or girls?

I bet they accept them all with the notion some will bail out. Especially if they get to keep $100, if not more, from each team that bails.

wonder if states are bribing Newsom to keep California's youth sports closed....

I really wonder if anyone has shown this to Newsom. I mean does he even know about the migrations to Arizona and Nevada. "I wonder what would stop people from traveling out of state?" - Newsom

I really wonder if anyone has shown this to Newsom. I mean does he even know about the migrations to Arizona and Nevada. "I wonder what would stop people from traveling out of state?" - Newsom
Considering the attention this has received over the last few months I find it hard to believe he is not aware of what's going on. The better question is why would he continue to either 1)allow it to happen or 2)not open here knowing most clubs are playing each other in a neighboring state. That is before all the economic questions...

Considering the attention this has received over the last few months I find it hard to believe he is not aware of what's going on. The better question is why would he continue to either 1)allow it to happen or 2)not open here knowing most clubs are playing each other in a neighboring state. That is before all the economic questions...
My bet is it's just not on his radar, or that he doesnt want to open up every local tech league. That's a lot of kids crowding around the juice boxes.

In the open air, and it's easy enough to spread out the kids by spreading out the juice boxes.

My bet is it's just not on his radar, or that he doesnt want to open up every local tech league. That's a lot of kids crowding around the juice boxes.

In the open air, and it's easy enough to spread out the kids by spreading out the juice boxes.
If its not on his radar then his radar needs serious adjustment. Youth sports leagues, parent groups and young athletes have been emailing, calling and holding protests for long enough to warrant attention. No attention is an insult to the people he was elected to serve.

He can easily put out new protocols like Nevada and Washington did in the last few weeks that clearly define "higher risk" sports and "lower risk" sports.
All that being said, I've mentally written off 2020 and hope 2021 is better. Viva las Vegas and the valley of the sun in the meantime....

Been to Phoenix for a soccer tournament, there's a lot of space to social distance and most if not all were masked. I don't think anyone in CA is asking for tournaments right now, individual games(outdoor) would be incredibly easy to put guidelines out for. They are occurring everywhere as it is, might as well control what's going on and limit the liability.

who cares what I think though!

List of accepted teams for Mayor's Cup--- time to divide up the list of teams in (3) or (4) divisions (gold/silver/bronze/etc.)

1604358403882.png

Back