Let's get back at it!

Postive annocements by state at today's briefing

Phase 3 reopening coming for counties that meet the guidelines and modifications for others.

Places or workship, hair & nails opening, film industry, summer camp and child care guidelines coming out tomorrow, this week etc.

Relax, will take some time but let's get this right so we don't have to go back to full lockdowns or civil unrest. Most places open do great for memorial weekend so let's keep in going, onward.

San Diego county just announced youth sports 1 v 1 training ok. (One teacher, one student). Not there yet for larger groups, but hope to be soon

San Diego county just announced youth sports 1 v 1 training ok. (One teacher, one student). Not there yet for larger groups, but hope to be soon
not doubting but do you have a link for that? hoping we get the go ahead tomorrow for team training!

REMINDER: "The Land Of The Free And The Home Of The Brave!"

My kids' non-soccer summer camp just announced today what they think summer camp will look like. No bus, no horseback riding, no swimming, masks required (because it's LA County), distancing, only sack lunches, and limited numbers. Unless you are hard up for child care, can't see why you'd take them up on the offer, but to each his own....my guess is its mostly going to be arts and crafts and solitary sports like mini golf. Sports camps can't operate if that's what it looks like: you can't do a camp doing coerver and agility cones all day...maybe a distance practice but not an all day camp. At least in LA County I can't see soccer camps working til it's too late into the end of summer. Hopefully other counties are more reasonable.

1 on 1 tennis instructions where your 40 ft away from the instructior is about all that was mentioned and those tennis facilities that already where given the go ahead to reopen even if many haven't yet.

My kids' non-soccer summer camp just announced today what they think summer camp will look like. No bus, no horseback riding, no swimming, masks required (because it's LA County), distancing, only sack lunches, and limited numbers. Unless you are hard up for child care, can't see why you'd take them up on the offer, but to each his own....my guess is its mostly going to be arts and crafts and solitary sports like mini golf. Sports camps can't operate if that's what it looks like: you can't do a camp doing coerver and agility cones all day...maybe a distance practice but not an all day camp. At least in LA County I can't see soccer camps working til it's too late into the end of summer. Hopefully other counties are more reasonable.

Why bother with camp if you can't do the activities?

Hard to make the economics work with some of these restrictions and capacity limits plus all the added costs of all the new things that must be complied with.

"Coronavirus Stay-At-Home Orders Will “Remain In Place” & Be “Gradually Relaxed,” LA County Public Health Boss Says As Pols Scramble & Confuse – Update

By Dominic Patten

UPDATE, 6:03 PM: If Los Angeles County officials and City of Angels Mayor Eric Garcetti wanted to clear up the continuing confusion around the region’s stay-at-home order possibly extending into the summer, they only seemed to make matters worse as the day went on.

With news releases, cable news appearances and more statements, the two levels of government did little to clarify the remarks earlier Tuesday by County Public Health Director Dr. Barbara Ferrer that with all certainty, the stay-at home order set to expire on May 15 will be expanded all the way to August...”

So sorry you guys have to deal with this type of BS while almost every other state with similar numbers to California are opening.

Why bother with camp if you can't do the activities?

Hard to make the economics work with some of these restrictions and capacity limits plus all the added costs of all the new things that must be complied with.

Given the new CDC recommendations, even arts and crafts at schools and camps will be challenging (no shared materials). The only in person camps I could really see working under these circumstances are Boys & Girls club type camps giving the kids activities to do separately (which is mostly about child care) and math camp.

REMINDER: Government works for us.

Does anyone know a single government employee (local, city, county, state or federal) who has lost a paycheck from the lock-down?

Back