Legends Tournament

RichMan

SILVER
Just figure I'll throw it out there...

Any thoughts or breakdowns on matchups or favorites?

Group A: Legends strong favorites to finish first, Beach Parker the likely runner-up, Crown City (looks like that team has changed names and is now CCU SoCal Academy Gallo) and Pateadores (a new team or transplant team it seems) will fight for third.

Group B: On paper the weakest bracket. I don't see a clear favorite here. West Coast, SDSC Navy, Slammers Segovia and Albion are in this bracket. I'll go Albion to advance with West Coast in second but I think it's anyones to win.

Group C: Blues Draluck will win this bracket easily, almost guaranteed. Legends South will battle with Slammers Aviles for second. With due respect can see no scenario LA Premier don't finish with zero points unless Academy status bought them a whole new team of real talent, but we'll find out next weekend.

Group D: I have Real SoCal White as the favorites here. V strong defensively, lots of athletes and with a direct style of play that makes them really tough to play against. CCU SoCal Academy usually give everyone a hard game and I think they and Rebels will play for second place. I'd be surprised if what looks to be a new Slammers team gets any traction in what is a hard bracket.

So that's my bracket winners. I'll go with Blues to win it all (beating Legends Pre or RSC Pre in the final) as Blues have both the strongest roster and the easiest route to the final.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Worth what you paid to read it!

Group A: Legends strong favorites to finish first, Beach Parker the likely runner-up, Crown City (looks like that team has changed names and is now CCU SoCal Academy Gallo) and Pateadores (a new team or transplant team it seems) will fight for third.

Group B: On paper the weakest bracket. I don't see a clear favorite here. West Coast, SDSC Navy, Slammers Segovia and Albion are in this bracket. I'll go Albion to advance with West Coast in second but I think it's anyones to win.

Group C: Blues Draluck will win this bracket easily, almost guaranteed. Legends South will battle with Slammers Aviles for second. With due respect can see no scenario LA Premier don't finish with zero points unless Academy status bought them a whole new team of real talent, but we'll find out next weekend.

Group D: I have Real SoCal White as the favorites here. V strong defensively, lots of athletes and with a direct style of play that makes them really tough to play against. CCU SoCal Academy usually give everyone a hard game and I think they and Rebels will play for second place. I'd be surprised if what looks to be a new Slammers team gets any traction in what is a hard bracket.

So that's my bracket winners. I'll go with Blues to win it all (beating Legends Pre or RSC Pre in the final) as Blues have both the strongest roster and the easiest route to the final.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. Worth what you paid to read it!

You do know Blues Draluck don't have their **Star** player anymore right? Do you want to rethink them winning the whole tournament?

A bracket

I agree that the A bracket has Legends in the driver's seat with Beach Parker 2nd and CCU & Pats fighting it out for 3rd.

B Bracket

I like Slammers Segovia on the top spot here. They're a big physical team with an average size of like 5'5. West Coast could give Albion fits, but I give the edge to Albion for 2nd with SCSD Navy rounding it out.

C Bracket

Blues on top, followed by Legends South & Slammers Aviles with LAP being the question mark to most of us in.

D Bracket

I think it's RSC's bracket to lose. Rebels and So Cal Academy fight it out for 2nd and the Slammers Whittier team is my question mark here.

I'm going with winner between Legends vs RSC to take it over Blues in the finals.

My version.
=)

In Group A I think Legends and Beach SB are very evenly paired. I can see them tying and the winner go ahead on goal differential. Group B the whole bracket looks to be a difficult group to handicap. I will agree with RichMan that Slammers (Segovia) will move on, but not easily. It will be a tug of war for all teams. For Group C Blues looks to be the favorite despite not having their #15 as mentioned earlier. And in Group D as RichMan selected as well, Real So Cal.

You do know Blues Draluck don't have their **Star** player anymore right? Do you want to rethink them winning the whole tournament?

Not to discount the abilities of that star player, but sometimes teams benefit from the loss of a main ball handler/scorer. Other players step up. The Ewing Theory in action. A recent example is RSC, who lost a top contributor and kind of came out of nowhere to make a nice state cup run.

Not to discount the abilities of that star player, but sometimes teams benefit from the loss of a main ball handler/scorer. Other players step up. The Ewing Theory in action. A recent example is RSC, who lost a top contributor and kind of came out of nowhere to make a nice state cup run.
Depends on what you consider a top contributor and what they so called "contribute" Some so called stars contribute to much drama and affect the overall wellbeing of the team and others think they contribute way more than they actually do.

Soccer isn't basketball. They are, and always have been, much more than one player. I have a couple of friends whose DDs play in that team and they've added some talent to what was already a great squad. I'll stick with Blues, but it's soccer so nothing is guaranteed.

Soccer isn't basketball. They are, and always have been, much more than one player. I have a couple of friends whose DDs play in that team and they've added some talent to what was already a great squad. I'll stick with Blues, but it's soccer so nothing is guaranteed.

Last year they were a good team, but much better with that player. Maybe they will be a well rounded team this year with the new additions. We'll see. Good luck to all.

Last year they were a good team, but much better with that player. Maybe they will be a well rounded team this year with the new additions. We'll see. Good luck to all.
not sure what you base ur opinion on but the stats show a different story. Don't no if I can agree they were any better with that player especially given the teams successes without that player. From what I can see this team is adequately stacked with talent seen at both TC and ODP.

not sure what you base ur opinion on but the stats show a different story. Don't no if I can agree they were any better with that player especially given the teams successes without that player. From what I can see this team is adequately stacked with talent seen at both TC and ODP.

My daughters old team (lower/mid end flight 1) played them twice last season.. . once without the player and they were able to hold their own and actually win by a tiny bit .. and once with that player.. and it was a 4 -0 loss. At this specific game she either set up or made all 4 goals... so I can't speak for other games but that is what I would base it on.

My daughters old team (lower/mid end flight 1) played them twice last season.. . once without the player and they were able to hold their own and actually win by a tiny bit .. and once with that player.. and it was a 4 -0 loss. At this specific game she either set up or made all 4 goals... so I can't speak for other games but that is what I would base it on.

Think you probably need to look at their new roster.

Not only will we look at the new roster but we get to play them on Saturday. I'm sure they will be great like all Blues Teams are

Good luck to you this weekend! Sounds like your team is pretty good too.:p

They are just starting out together with some new girls and a new coach. ...so we will see how they do. The Temecula valley area is a lot different than other areas that have lots more girls to pick from... but I think our coach is amazing!! And that is a big plus!! Thank u.

Blues just reload. They moved a player from kale 04 she was playing up. Maybe the new star

Back