Legends, Surf, Arsenal...your thoughts!

Thank you for that. Yes, I'm looking at exposure based on the big club names. Slammers had a great reputation, but a bit far for us. We are in San Gabriel Valley area.

As you already know, there is an inherent advantage to being part of the "big" clubs that have DA, ECNL, NPL, and CRL teams that you are missing with the smaller clubs which means options for top level players. Mid to lower level players will gain no advantage, as well as players already playing on the top teams. Whether its Legends, Arsenal, Slammer, Strikers, etc., the DOCs in these clubs are always looking to take their top players and move them to the higher level teams. My experience is with Arsenal where their DA and ECNL teams are made up of players from all over the region, many of whom came from lower level Arsenal teams. With the larger clubs, the better kids have many opportunities to be "club passed" between teams within the club.

That said, you have to be careful with the coach because every small and large club has coaches that don't play ball and attempt to hoard their better players and not recommend those players move up to the higher level teams. Those players are money to them (fees and winning, which brings in more fees). You have to watch out for these coaches.

Thank you for that. Yes, I'm looking at exposure based on the big club names. Slammers had a great reputation, but a bit far for us. We are in San Gabriel Valley area.
If my daughter was playing, and was good, then at this point in the soccer landscape, I'd look for DA club and not ECNL clubs. I'm probably biased because our older son played DA and know just how much exposure they get compared to everything else.

The link (http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-girls-club-map) shows which clubs have girls DA. I'd start there. Given that you're in SGV, your option maybe limited to LA Premier or Legends. That said, its not unusual on the boys side to have parents drive their kid well over an hour each way to get him to practices. In particular, I personally know couple of different parents that drove their kids over 60 miles each way, 4 days a week for multiple years to put them onto a top tier teams, including DA team.

So don't just look at the distance but also time involved. If you don't find the fit with DA, then ECNL would be the next step down.

Last, make sure you goto the core club the is actually running the DA/ECNL teams and not one of the satellite affiliate clubs or locations. That means not West, East, South or North or this city or that city version of Slammers, Arsenal, Legends and so on.

As you already know, there is an inherent advantage to being part of the "big" clubs that have DA, ECNL, NPL, and CRL teams that you are missing with the smaller clubs which means options for top level players. Mid to lower level players will gain no advantage, as well as players already playing on the top teams. Whether its Legends, Arsenal, Slammer, Strikers, etc., the DOCs in these clubs are always looking to take their top players and move them to the higher level teams. My experience is with Arsenal where their DA and ECNL teams are made up of players from all over the region, many of whom came from lower level Arsenal teams. With the larger clubs, the better kids have many opportunities to be "club passed" between teams within the club.

That said, you have to be careful with the coach because every small and large club has coaches that don't play ball and attempt to hoard their better players and not recommend those players move up to the higher level teams. Those players are money to them (fees and winning, which brings in more fees). You have to watch out for these coaches.
The problem with these super big recreational clubs is that their "higher level teams" are made up of underdeveloped players. Therefore competition dwindles within the pseudo realm of elite leagues. Big pay to play clubs entitlement to participate is not only a disservice to parents but ultimately the player on both sides. Reactionary cause for which these leagues were intended for i.e., not only does it instill bad habits but impedes development.

MWN, you sure like to post a lot. The problem is not your affiliation with the most expensive recreational club (Arsenal) in the region. The problem is all the misinformation you share.

My niece has been at Arsenal and she has done well. College teams have been calling but your child will need to be a top player within the team to get a chance to obtain scholarships. It's not good enough just making an academy team. Arsenal gave her the platform for college coaches to see her but ultimately it comes down to child's performance on the field that will make it happen.

It's quite comical when your recreational club advertises this:

Arsenal FC

Vision/Mission

To provide a world class soccer program that develops world class soccer players.

http://www.arsenalfc.us/vision/

But they could only do this:

My niece has been at Arsenal and she has done well. College teams have been calling but your child will need to be a top player within the team to get a chance to obtain scholarships. It's not good enough just making an academy team. Arsenal gave her the platform for college coaches to see her but ultimately it comes down to child's performance on the field that will make it happen.

It's quite comical when your recreational club advertises this:

Arsenal FC

Vision/Mission

To provide a world class soccer program that develops world class soccer players.

http://www.arsenalfc.us/vision/

But they could only do this:

Infamee, Sounds like you are bitter, very bitter. I have no interest and no kids going to Arsenal. I can tell you that my niece got plenty of scholarships and the Arsenal coach pushed college recruiters to check her out. Several of them are going to UCLA, others are going to top schools. If she was a sub player, the chances are not there. She is a starter and national level player so she got a good shot at college scholarships.

INFAMEE, you are clearly biased based on your negative experience. To the original creator of this post, asking which club team is best, is like going to YELP and looking at the reviews of a great restaurant. For every 10 great reviews, you will get a few mediocre reviews, and a couple of bad reviews. Maybe email the college recruiters and ask them which clubs/programs they are evaluation often.

Infamee, Sounds like you are bitter, very bitter. I have no interest and no kids going to Arsenal. I can tell you that my niece got plenty of scholarships and the Arsenal coach pushed college recruiters to check her out. Several of them are going to UCLA, others are going to top schools. If she was a sub player, the chances are not there. She is a starter and national level player so she got a good shot at college scholarships.

INFAMEE, you are clearly biased based on your negative experience. To the original creator of this post, asking which club team is best, is like going to YELP and looking at the reviews of a great restaurant. For every 10 great reviews, you will get a few mediocre reviews, and a couple of bad reviews. Maybe email the college recruiters and ask them which clubs/programs they are evaluation often.
Bitter because I point out the obvious? Would you rather me be like every other lemming here and hi five mediocrity?

Lol Its a gimmick and newcomers to this site have the right to know so.

Bitter because I point out the obvious? Would you rather me be like every other lemming here and hi five mediocrity?

Lol Its a gimmick and newcomers to this site have the right to know so.[/QUOTE

Heck if my daughter can follow the footsteps of her cousin and make it to an Arsenal Academy and obtain a scholarship at UCLA or USC, I will take Mediocrity!. Unfortunately my daughter is no where near that level. :)

Back