Legends FC Disqualified

While I was waiting for my son’s game, next up on the same field, I caught the end of a B2010 Legends vs Beach semi-final at this weekend’s So Cal Winter Cup.

Beach were getting beat pretty handily, but with ten minutes to go, the parents’ phones started dinging with the news that Legends were being disqualified for “fielding numerous ineligible players” and Beach were through to the final regardless. Hilarity ensued.

Is that common though? No way I’d want some older kid taking one of our players’ spots so I’m surprised the parents allowed it. Seemed utterly pointless.

While I was waiting for my son’s game, next up on the same field, I caught the end of a B2010 Legends vs Beach semi-final at this weekend’s So Cal Winter Cup.

Beach were getting beat pretty handily, but with ten minutes to go, the parents’ phones started dinging with the news that Legends were being disqualified for “fielding numerous ineligible players” and Beach were through to the final regardless. Hilarity ensued.

Is that common though? No way I’d want some older kid taking one of our players’ spots so I’m surprised the parents allowed it. Seemed utterly pointless.
How did Legends advance to the Semi Finals if they had ineligible players?

What was the criteria for ineligible?

Personally I wouldn't care if a team had older than the specific age group players as long as the talent level was roughly the same. Better to play a game and be challenged than to waste time driving all the way out to Silverlakes just to be told you can't play another team because a couple of the players are older.

How did Legends advance to the Semi Finals if they had ineligible players?

What was the criteria for ineligible?

Personally I wouldn't care if a team had older than the specific age group players as long as the talent level was roughly the same. Better to play a game and be challenged than to waste time driving all the way out to Silverlakes just to be told you can't play another team because a couple of the players are older.
Well, my understanding is that they fielded ineligible players just for the semi-final and they played the entire game anyway (the result was voided) but my point wasn’t about the parents of the opposition - they got to the final anyway - my point was that if my kid had helped get his team to the semi-final only to be dropped for some older, ineligible ringer for that game, I’d likely be turning in the coach myself.

What did Legends think their kids would gain by cheating to win a minor tournament?

Well, my understanding is that they fielded ineligible players just for the semi-final and they played the entire game anyway (the result was voided) but my point wasn’t about the parents of the opposition - they got to the final anyway - my point was that if my kid had helped get his team to the semi-final only to be dropped for some older, ineligible ringer for that game, I’d likely be turning in the coach myself.

What did Legends think their kids would gain by cheating to win a minor tournament?
If Legends told tournament officials and the opposing coach that they had ineligible players before the game no big deal.

If Legends tried to cheat to win forcing others to call them out it becomes a huge deal.

If Legends tried to cheat to win forcing others to call them out it becomes a huge deal.
Pretty sure that’s what happened. Legends were up by 3 or 4 but the website now has the game as a 1-0 loss, with Beach going onto final. Kids on the Legends team thought they were in the final as the final whistle went.

With no context other than the above, good on the tournament. Shame on Legends for cheating and getting caught. There are enough instances with "11 year olds" playing on teams that they don't seem to fit, as they shaved that morning and filed their taxes before the game.

Legends cheating is becoming Legendary. I'm sure other clubs are cheating as well, but Legends are consistantly getting caught at tournaments, and have had many questionable incidents at playoffs over tge years.
What a headache this all is. Years ago it was Anaheim Surf (older age players) in State Cup and then there was TFA and Texans (colluding) at Surf Cup.

What a headache this all is. Years ago it was Anaheim Surf (older age players) in State Cup and then there was TFA and Texans (colluding) at Surf Cup.
For those of us on the forum long enough, the Legends girls u19 got caught with some ineligible players approx 3 years ago. Obviously, no penalty for the coaches and club, or they just didn’t learn any lesson. These coaches, who knew what they were doing, should be let go. The club should be punished.
And how about the complicit players and, worst of all, parents who knew what was happening. A sorry state of ethics, diminished moral values, and complete lack of sportsmanship for A YOUTH SOCCER MATCH! The details may never come out, but we should all be disgusted for this behavior.
Avoid Legends.

For those of us on the forum long enough, the Legends girls u19 got caught with some ineligible players approx 3 years ago. Obviously, no penalty for the coaches and club, or they just didn’t learn any lesson. These coaches, who knew what they were doing, should be let go. The club should be punished.
And how about the complicit players and, worst of all, parents who knew what was happening. A sorry state of ethics, diminished moral values, and complete lack of sportsmanship for A YOUTH SOCCER MATCH! The details may never come out, but we should all be disgusted for this behavior.
Avoid Legends.
According to the SoCal State Cup rules, the coach is suspended from all SoCal competition, club is fined and club, coach and illegal players subject to additional suspensions and fines. i feel sorry for the players especially the ones that got replaced by the illegal players. If the coach asked me if it was okay that my kid had to sit out for a replacement player, I would tell the coach to F-off and we would start looking for another team.

According to the SoCal State Cup rules, the coach is suspended from all SoCal competition, club is fined and club, coach and illegal players subject to additional suspensions and fines. i feel sorry for the players especially the ones that got replaced by the illegal players. If the coach asked me if it was okay that my kid had to sit out for a replacement player, I would tell the coach to F-off and we would start looking for another team.
100% surf-ref with the F-Off. I had an asshole Doc/Coach lie his ass off and cheated my little one big time. Drove all the way to Arizona for her first showcase showdown only to be told during warm-ups, "you sit today, the new player I just signed (promised us he would only carry 18) behind your back for extra cash is replacing your play time today. Don't cry, you will learn next to me and see what's it's like playing in college. She was recruited by this clown and was sold on playing up. Cheaters, liars and asshats need to be replaced with honest and truthful coaches.

P.S Surfref, we left soon after this liar pulled this stunt. I believe it was retaliatory because we said no to his cash privates and 100% because after one of her best games at Surf Cup, she told Mr. Access to all the college coaches that she wasn't sure about going to college. His words were, "why are you playing on my team." I called him out, let him have it and told his boss and the boss asked if I got this verbal agreement in writing. I pulled her from the liar and the team. I came on here soon after and got attacked by many dads on here and a few mama bears. They called me club hopper, medal chaser, threaten me to fights at Silverlake's and one dad doxed me on a PM. Surf Futbol threaten me & my dd dude. I soon found out that these cheating coaches come on here to talk smack.

Last edited:
P.S. Trigger warning for Foco, Larz and espola. Just ignore me fellas and skip over my ranting. My therapist told me to "let it all out" whenever I feel it to help me get through my pain. I know I should put the past behind me and just "move on" but these stories of cheating pain my soul and anger me. I would be so pissed off if my kid was benched and then replaced with a ringer.

Avoid Legends.
I agree and it is certainly not limited to Legends. Couple years back Surf coach had a parent contact me and asked if I would be willing to let my daughter play with a younger team under a different kids name in a big showcase tournament. I'm like WTF, not a chance, we're out of here.

We had the unfortunate luck to play a Legends FC team in the Socal State Cup today, at Silverlakes. The team itself was fine (no cheating, played clean, etc.), but we were joking before the game that we hoped the refs were not biased because of the club's association with the complex.

That turned out to be prophetic: we were called for a penalty early on a slide tackle in the box on a breakaway, where our player was even with the attacker, got all ball, and made no player contact through the play (100% clean from a foul perspective, as confirmed by the ref directly to the player after the call, and no card issued, despite the breakaway). Per the ref, he called it a "dangerous play" based on a totally subjective call (which would be an indirect kick anyway), despite it being a totally and admittedly clean play, and awarded a penalty (which they converted). We lost the game by 1. It was the most biased ref/call I've ever seen in a club game (there were a couple other clearly biased calls in the game also, such as a push in the back called on our player who got pushed, but that call was the most consequential).

I want to be clear: I don't think the Legends FC team did anything wrong/dirty/cheating in that game, and I'm not in any way faulting their players or coach. But that was as rigged a game as I've ever seen in 3 years of club soccer, and as dirty of a ref as I've ever seen, and it's hard to ignore the association between the complex and the favored team.

Just a warning for people who might encounter the same thing.

We had the unfortunate luck to play a Legends FC team in the Socal State Cup today, at Silverlakes. The team itself was fine (no cheating, played clean, etc.), but we were joking before the game that we hoped the refs were not biased because of the club's association with the complex.

That turned out to be prophetic: we were called for a penalty early on a slide tackle in the box on a breakaway, where our player was even with the attacker, got all ball, and made no player contact through the play (100% clean from a foul perspective, as confirmed by the ref directly to the player after the call, and no card issued, despite the breakaway). Per the ref, he called it a "dangerous play" based on a totally subjective call (which would be an indirect kick anyway), despite it being a totally and admittedly clean play, and awarded a penalty (which they converted). We lost the game by 1. It was the most biased ref/call I've ever seen in a club game (there were a couple other clearly biased calls in the game also, such as a push in the back called on our player who got pushed, but that call was the most consequential).

I want to be clear: I don't think the Legends FC team did anything wrong/dirty/cheating in that game, and I'm not in any way faulting their players or coach. But that was as rigged a game as I've ever seen in 3 years of club soccer, and as dirty of a ref as I've ever seen, and it's hard to ignore the association between the complex and the favored team.

Just a warning for people who might encounter the same thing.
I believe it, and trust me the Legends coaches know exactly what’s going on. There is no true separation between Silverlakes & Legends. After being a part of that club for sometime i’ve witnessed first hand the extent they will go to win. It’s very pathetic.

Are they the only club/coach that will resort to those tactics, definitely not. But they are by far the worst i’ve witnessed. And we were very happy to leave. Not what I’m trying to teach my child.

Back