Lacrosse anyone?

My daughter was looking for a way to stay in shape during the soccer off season in college so she tried out and ended up joining the lacrosse team at the school. Several of her soccer teammates also joined. She is currently in New York playing some east coast lacrosse teams. I'm glad she is enjoying it but I say a little prayer before each match because it just seems like a high potential for knee or ankle injuries. She starts back with WPSL mid April as the lacrosse season winds down.

Anyone else kid do something similar to stay in shape over the off season?

When is this "Off-season" you speak of? I feel like it never ends?

My kids soccer season ended early November I think by not making playoffs. There was a few UPSL teams doing a winter soccer league here but my daughters team was not one of them. So there is like 4 months of down time for her and with lacrosse training 2x a day and weights also it made the down time from soccer beneficial I guess for condition purposes. Of course ball touches would be ideal too. I should mention it is D3 and I'm sure D1 programs probably have more year round soccer training.

My kids soccer season ended early November I think by not making playoffs. There was a few UPSL teams doing a winter soccer league here but my daughters team was not one of them. So there is like 4 months of down time for her and with lacrosse training 2x a day and weights also it made the down time from soccer beneficial I guess for condition purposes. Of course ball touches would be ideal too. I should mention it is D3 and I'm sure D1 programs probably have more year round soccer training.
just trying to be funny, my daughter still HS age, so club seems year round. I wish i could humble brag about a D1/D2/D3 school daughter

just trying to be funny, my daughter still HS age, so club seems year round. I wish i could humble brag about a D1/D2/D3 school daughter

I actually miss the every weekend club scene. I don't even get to watch practice anymore. I catch the games though. WPSL practice starts mid April so at least soccer will be back for her. Lacrosse is interesting and my kid enjoys the comraderie of the team but I like watching the men play better because it's like rugby with sticks. Women's is no contact but they still get some bumping shoulders here and there. She did go play some games in New York last week so that's farther travel then the soccer team.

I actually miss the every weekend club scene. I don't even get to watch practice anymore. I catch the games though. WPSL practice starts mid April so at least soccer will be back for her. Lacrosse is interesting and my kid enjoys the comraderie of the team but I like watching the men play better because it's like rugby with sticks. Women's is no contact but they still get some bumping shoulders here and there. She did go play some games in New York last week so that's farther travel then the soccer team.
Being outdoors on a chair watching soccer is the greatest.

My daughter wanted to play lacrosse until she found out the contact was minimal. Had to recently here he whining about CIF flag football and why she didn't get a chance to play because she is graduating.

My daughter wanted to play lacrosse until she found out the contact was minimal. Had to recently here he whining about CIF flag football and why she didn't get a chance to play because she is graduating.
I'm with you reguarding the lawn chair.

Girls Lacrosse is painful to watch. All kinds of crazy rules that make no sense. The only person that benefits from the crazy rules are female coaches with job security.

Boys Lacrosse has some hitting involved. But at higher levels there isnt as much hitting because defenders get out of position and it becomes a man up situation for the offense. Very similar concept to posession in soccer.

It was a pretty good match last night. Lost by one point last minute. Quite a few stick checking fouls with shoves in the back and side. So pretty physical as far as lacrosse goes but yes you are right nothing better then sitting sideline and watching a good competitive soccer match.

I'm with you reguarding the lawn chair.

Girls Lacrosse is painful to watch. All kinds of crazy rules that make no sense. The only person that benefits from the crazy rules are female coaches with job security.

Boys Lacrosse has some hitting involved. But at higher levels there isnt as much hitting because defenders get out of position and it becomes a man up situation for the offense. Very similar concept to posession in soccer.

Agree there are some strange rules like players not being allowed inside the 35 but they do have offsides so I think I can understand that one.

I don't think lacrosse is as bad as field hockey. Watching a bunch of girls run around, hunched over, is painful in multiple ways.

1680885142699.png

Back