Johhny " Wet Start " McCain.....lost FOUR Planes....

Say what you want Mr Spola Henry, but It looks like the TRUTH is
overwhelming....even in the PDF I posted it alludes to a mishap....
They stated it was because of a faulty connection at a warhead.
I say the TRUTH is right there, the "Wet Start " caused the discharge
and the accident.

Johnny Wet-Start, We Hardly Knew Ye: Part I: the Forrestal Incident
October 17, 2017
Forgive the allusion to JFK. It was written by admirers after his untimely death and in a positive light. My use of it is in contradistinction to Sen John S McCain (R-AZ). In other words, we’re sorry we didn’t get to know Kennedy better but we were never really given the chance to know McCain. And for a reason.

Long a “conservative” stalwart, McCain –like Kennedy–had an impressive pedigree. Both served in the United States Navy. Both were involved in military catastrophes and both nearly lost their lives. But there, the similarities end.

Lt John F Kennedy was the skipper of a PT boat as is well known. Lt Cmdr John S McCain III, the son and grandson (and namesake) of illustrious admirals was known as a daredevil –by his own admission. He graduated near the bottom of his class at Annapolis and –like Kennedy–was known as a slacker and playboy but (this time unlike Kennedy), he needlessly endangered the lives of his fellow crewmen.

He did so by engaging in a take-off procedure called a “wet start”. Basically, Navy pilots who did this would unnecessarily flood their engines, dumping fuel into the afterburner before starting their engines. This had the dramatic effect of shooting out a large flame from the tail of the aircraft. It was an unnecessary procedure which was often deadly to the ground crews and/or the next pilot in line. According to many of his detractors, McCain was known to regularly engage in this dangerous procedure and thus became known pejoratively as “Johnny Wet-Start”.*

During the spring and summer of 1967, McCain was stationed on the USS Forrestal (CVA-59). During this time, his father (Admiral John S McCain II) was promoted to Chief of Naval Operations in the European Theater (CINCUSNAVEUR) where he played a major role in getting the crew of the USS Liberty to stand down while they were being strafed by Israeli aircraft during the Six Day War (more on this in Part III).

His self-described “daredevil clowning” had already caused a minor international incident while he was stationed in Spain, where he cut down several power lines and caused thousands of people to be without electricity. By the time of the Forrestal incident, McCain had already ditched two Skyhawks. He ascribed both incidents to “engine failure” but the Navy found that the first incident was due to “pilot error”. In all, he would lose four aircraft: the third aircraft was destroyed by the fire on the Forrestal and the fourth when he was shot down over North Vietnam.

According to Capt John K Beling (the commanding officer of the Forrestal), on July 29, 1967 at approximately 1050, “…a thick tongue of flame lashed backward from the parked jet, igniting a [Zuni] missile on one of the dozen or so planes parked near the fantail, their engines turning over in readiness for a strike launching scheduled for 11:00am. ‘The rocket shot across the deck’ Capt Beling said, ‘and by a quirk of fate smashed into a fuel tank under a plane on the port side’.” Beling blamed the fiasco on a “wet-start…from one of the planes near the island”.**

The conflagration was horrific. In all 134 crewmen were killed and 161 injured. Total damages were $72 million. The ship was crippled and nearby hospital ships were overwhelmed by the carnage. It was the worst air-craft carrier disaster in history, worse than the disaster which engulfed the USS Rupertus (DD-8511) in World War II.

The question was: which pilot performed this wet-start that caused the catastrophe? The plane struck by the missile was McCain’s A-4 Skyhawk. According to to R W “Johnny” Appel, writing for The New York Times (July 31, 1967), it was somehow McCain who set this process in motion, triggering the flame which caused the jet piloted by Lt Cmdr Fred D White to accidentally fire the Zuni missile.

Although this was Appel’s assessment (as well as Capt Beling’s who was an eyewitness) subsequent evidence turned up that apparently showed that McCain’s Skyhawk had its tail pointed to the side of the Forrestal and thus could not have been responsible for flame-out which struck White’s plane. This matter is unfortunately is still unsettled. All we do know for sure is that after an official inquiry, McCain was hurriedly transferred off the Forrestal and assigned elsewhere. This may have been done because of credible threats to his life from the crew.

Beling for his part was relieved of his command during the inquiry and given a desk position under Admiral Thomas Moorer. The official inquiry absolved Beling of any responsibility in the matter but he was never given a sea command again.

Next: Part II –Songbird Johnny.

*According to official sources, the A-4E Skyhawk that McCain regularly flew was not capable of undergoing a wet-start. This however has been disproven by others who said that the Pratt & Whitney engines of the Skyhawks were indeed capable of performing this fete.

**In Navy parlance, the “island” is the tower on the deck where the bridge is located.

divider.png

USS Forrestal Mishap July 29, 1967
McCain Lies About Being Tortured As A P.O.W.

To: CBS News, 10/12/97

You did not do your homework well enough on “Hanoi John” McCain. If you had read the lengthy article about him in the April 1973 issue of U.S. News and World Report, you would have seen that in none of his quotes did he allege torture, except from the irate civilians at the scene of his crash. Once in captivity, he lived in relative splendor compared to his hapless cohorts who refused to denounce America on the radio and paid for their patriotism in blood, literally. Here are some other facts your sloppy journalism omitted:
(1) USAF Major Overly could not have cared for McCain’s “wounds” for very long; he collaborated and accepted early release in less than five months from shootdown.
(2) Another of McCain’s roommates “disappeared” and was not released at Homecoming I. McCain was kept in the camp for “progressives” (collaborators) and away from “reactionaries” (John Wayne types who spit in the face of their torturers). Other roommates were Day and Flynn, both of whom made propaganda broadcasts along with McCain urging pilots to return to carriers and soldiers to surrender.
(3) McCain returned from communist captivity 10 pounds heavier.
(4) Patricia O’Grady, daughter of a POW/MIA, on a visit to Hanoi to look for her father, was given a tour of the “Hanoi Hilton” prison. They showed her McCain’s cell. It had a writing desk, a large bed, a goldfish bowl, a flush toilet and a nice window of downtown Hanoi out the window.
(5) Both North Vietnamese Generals Giap and Bui Tin met with McCain in his cell. No other returned POWs reported meeting with high-ranking generals. I have a picture of McCain enjoying a large plate of food while talking to a Soviet KGB officer in the Foreign Ministry. A Soviet doctor was rushed to Hanoi to treat his wounds.
(6) In personal conversations I have had with General Bui Tin, he assured me they never touched McCain, saying that since he was the son of the CINCPACFLT Admiral, “He too important”.
(7) McCain said in 1973, he sustained his ordeal with his “love for his wife”. In a matter of months he had dumped her for a woman 1/3rd his age whose father owned the Coors Beer franchise in Phoenix. (His good friend Senator Kerry, about the same time, dumped his wife after fornicating with Jane Fonda.) McCain also has a secret “wife” in Hanoi and an illegitimate son.
(8) McCain would sit beside with army officers at a table when newly-captured pilots arrived and urged them to cooperate.
(9) McCain viciously fought against the formation of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA and then got on it and sabotaged any hopes of finding real answers. He called me and others crooks profiteering on the issue, yet he is the biggest loot recipient of the Keating Five.
(10) If the “Crowned Prince” of the “Plantation” does not stop his outlandish lies about his “torture”, several of his fellow POW’s “will” soon break their “code of silence”. McCain is a brainwashed Manchurian candidate who has fawningly supported Hanoi and the Communist Bloc countries ever since he entered congress. The man is a liar, a traitor and a crook. Any senator who uses the word “scumbag” 20 times a day addressing his employees is not fit to serve.
Also, CBS, you went on to a segment of a Latino who was on death row (wrongfully) in a “miscarriage of justice”. The biggest “MOJ” of this decade would be for traitor and Hanoi lover McCain to continue in office after the 1998 elections.
Joe L. Jordan
USN Squadron VQ-1
Da Nang 1967-68
National Vietnam P.O.W. Strike Force
P.S. McCain is the only returned POW NEVER TO BE DEBRIEFED.

USS Forrestal Mishap July 29, 1967
McCain Lies About Being Tortured As A P.O.W.

To: CBS News, 10/12/97

You did not do your homework well enough on “Hanoi John” McCain. If you had read the lengthy article about him in the April 1973 issue of U.S. News and World Report, you would have seen that in none of his quotes did he allege torture, except from the irate civilians at the scene of his crash. Once in captivity, he lived in relative splendor compared to his hapless cohorts who refused to denounce America on the radio and paid for their patriotism in blood, literally. Here are some other facts your sloppy journalism omitted:
(1) USAF Major Overly could not have cared for McCain’s “wounds” for very long; he collaborated and accepted early release in less than five months from shootdown.
(2) Another of McCain’s roommates “disappeared” and was not released at Homecoming I. McCain was kept in the camp for “progressives” (collaborators) and away from “reactionaries” (John Wayne types who spit in the face of their torturers). Other roommates were Day and Flynn, both of whom made propaganda broadcasts along with McCain urging pilots to return to carriers and soldiers to surrender.
(3) McCain returned from communist captivity 10 pounds heavier.
(4) Patricia O’Grady, daughter of a POW/MIA, on a visit to Hanoi to look for her father, was given a tour of the “Hanoi Hilton” prison. They showed her McCain’s cell. It had a writing desk, a large bed, a goldfish bowl, a flush toilet and a nice window of downtown Hanoi out the window.
(5) Both North Vietnamese Generals Giap and Bui Tin met with McCain in his cell. No other returned POWs reported meeting with high-ranking generals. I have a picture of McCain enjoying a large plate of food while talking to a Soviet KGB officer in the Foreign Ministry. A Soviet doctor was rushed to Hanoi to treat his wounds.
(6) In personal conversations I have had with General Bui Tin, he assured me they never touched McCain, saying that since he was the son of the CINCPACFLT Admiral, “He too important”.
(7) McCain said in 1973, he sustained his ordeal with his “love for his wife”. In a matter of months he had dumped her for a woman 1/3rd his age whose father owned the Coors Beer franchise in Phoenix. (His good friend Senator Kerry, about the same time, dumped his wife after fornicating with Jane Fonda.) McCain also has a secret “wife” in Hanoi and an illegitimate son.
(8) McCain would sit beside with army officers at a table when newly-captured pilots arrived and urged them to cooperate.
(9) McCain viciously fought against the formation of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA and then got on it and sabotaged any hopes of finding real answers. He called me and others crooks profiteering on the issue, yet he is the biggest loot recipient of the Keating Five.
(10) If the “Crowned Prince” of the “Plantation” does not stop his outlandish lies about his “torture”, several of his fellow POW’s “will” soon break their “code of silence”. McCain is a brainwashed Manchurian candidate who has fawningly supported Hanoi and the Communist Bloc countries ever since he entered congress. The man is a liar, a traitor and a crook. Any senator who uses the word “scumbag” 20 times a day addressing his employees is not fit to serve.
Also, CBS, you went on to a segment of a Latino who was on death row (wrongfully) in a “miscarriage of justice”. The biggest “MOJ” of this decade would be for traitor and Hanoi lover McCain to continue in office after the 1998 elections.

Joe L. Jordan
USN Squadron VQ-1
Da Nang 1967-68

National Vietnam P.O.W. Strike Force
P.S. McCain is the only returned POW NEVER TO BE DEBRIEFED.

Hmmmm......a proven Forum Liar Mr Spola Henry

or

Joe L. Jordan
USN Squadron VQ-1
Da Nang 1967-68

I think I'm gunna go with Mr Jordan.

Hmmmm......a proven Forum Liar Mr Spola Henry

or

Joe L. Jordan
USN Squadron VQ-1
Da Nang 1967-68

I think I'm gunna go with Mr Jordan.

Of course you will. I have embarrassed you enough times here by pointing out your ignorance that you have no other choice.

Wait everyone.......the SHIT is gunna get deep around here !

I'm on a bucket Forum LIAR, Now Prove I Posted LIES ....

I posted the declassified Info....prove what is wrong and
who was " B-6 " ahead of the A-4, and why did one account
say the pilot of the forward plane died and one states differently....

Come on Genius.....

Of course you will. I have embarrassed you enough times here by pointing out your ignorance that you have no other choice.

You have NEVER embarrassed ME....

You have EMBARRASSED yourself sooo many
times it's like clockwork now.....

Dumbass.....You are the FORUM LIAR ....You Own it.

John McCain knew what he had done, he knew ALL the corruption he was
involved in....ALL OF IT !!!!!

He died a Bitter Muther Fucker.....

No one does what he did before his death unless they
are one Bitter ASS Muther Fucker.....

To illicit past Presidents in a scheme of bashing a sitting
President....He's a Sick Fuck and so are the Individuals who
stood up at that podium and took shots at the Current
President...

Wait everyone.......the SHIT is gunna get deep around here !

I'm on a bucket Forum LIAR, Now Prove I Posted LIES ....

I posted the declassified Info....prove what is wrong and
who was " B-6 " ahead of the A-4, and why did one account
say the pilot of the forward plane died and one states differently....

Come on Genius.....

"Who was B-6"?

You can't make this shit up.

The "identity" of "B-6" is in the cover letter of the report.

Since you are so familiar with this report, show us where it says that a "wet start" caused the accident.

It doesn't and you cannot read well at all.....I stated it smells of a cover up.

That's why I stated that.

Ol Mr Jordan is a lot more credible than you.....it appears HE was around at the time....

The "identity" of "B-6" is in the cover letter of the report.

Since you are so familiar with this report, show us where it says that a "wet start" caused the accident.

There's no " Cover Letter "....

What's listed in the appendix on page 49 below description #27 :

" All redaction's are B - 6 "

And you wonder why half the Forum calls you a LIAR !

Back