IMG Top 100 2024s (April 2021)

Looks like they selected 40-50 new players that weren't on the previous lists and inserted them in random places. A ton of players that were on previous lists had their ranking go down by 30-50 spots. Considering there haven't been many games going on not sure how that could have happened. But then again, it's Top Drawer Soccer, don't take the rankings too seriously.

There have been a ton of games going on nationally, including multiple regional TIDs and a virtual YNT camp. As the the rankings rely on US Soccer to do a lot of the heavy lifting for scouting, there being a lot of new faces seems pretty reasonable to me. It actually would be very odd if there wasn’t.

Follows along with pay to play I suppose.

So technically your DD could by a YNT player, ECNL/GA talent ID player, ODP, HS phenom, other un named accolades, and not be on the list??
My dd would love a chance to at least scrimmage these top YNT Virtual Players that got called up to the U18 Virtual Camp. I understand not everyone is good enough virtually and I get that. It looks real good on Instagram marketing and fakebook for the clubs. It's also nice to know a doc or daddy in high places. Oh Happy Days.....lol!

My dd would love a chance to at least scrimmage these top YNT Virtual Players that got called up to the U18 Virtual Camp. I understand not everyone is good enough virtually and I get that. It looks real good on Instagram marketing and fakebook for the clubs. It's also nice to know a doc or daddy in high places. Oh Happy Days.....lol!
Do many of them not play in ECNL?

how does it even work?
Heavily skews toward the biggest clubs (wrongly). And, assumes that older girls from the same grad class are "better" too (eg, a 2004 birthyear player graduating a year later in 2023 is often ranked better than a 2005 player in same 2023 graduating year).

With Covid and defunding of US Soccer, the whole player eval system is completely F'd. They will find good players, of course, but they are now more likely to miss good players. And trying to rank #20 from #120 is just silly. Coaches at the next levels know this (boys and girls) and will give these ID lists short shrift.

But they are very profitable clickbait and often the most viewed online articles by parents so don't expect them to end anytime soon.

Heavily skews toward the biggest clubs (wrongly). And, assumes that older girls from the same grad class are "better" too (eg, a 2004 birthyear player graduating a year later in 2023 is often ranked better than a 2005 player in same 2023 graduating year).

With Covid and defunding of US Soccer, the whole player eval system is completely F'd. They will find good players, of course, but they are now more likely to miss good players. And trying to rank #20 from #120 is just silly. Coaches at the next levels know this (boys and girls) and will give these ID lists short shrift.

But they are very profitable clickbait and often the most viewed online articles by parents so don't expect them to end anytime soon.
100% Canada. I read your posts and we both agree on a lot. I see the future U18 call up and I see hope for my dd still. I know it's just a dream still for her, but from what I see that made it, she has a slight chance. I know my posts dont help her and other daddy's have a way better connection then this dad, i think my dd will put it altogether on the pitch when it really matters. Some clubs are cheaters and use clickbait to get U8s and U7s to sign up for 10 month all you can pay to play soccer.

It’s interesting that you say that coaches as the next level don’t care. I’ve heard that too. But then when I read recruiting class announcements from major colleges including big time programs they more often than not promote a recruit’s TDS ranking as if it matters.

Back