ID camps

SDMama

SILVER ELITE
Are there any upcoming college ID camps in SoCal/SD area this spring? Does anyone have experience/thoughts on any your kids have attended in recent years?

I found this:

Thanks. I had seen that as well. I’m wondering about camps with multiple schools in attendance. I thought I had seen some in past years, but I can’t find to seem the same ones this year.

With things like the college ID camps leading into Surf Cup, have other multi-school camps fallen away?

Thanks. I had seen that as well. I’m wondering about camps with multiple schools in attendance. I thought I had seen some in past years, but I can’t find to seem the same ones this year.

With things like the college ID camps leading into Surf Cup, have other multi-school camps fallen away?
They're still around, put on by a combination of private businesses, coach groups at universities, and some clubs. They tend to be expensive and mostly advertise on instagram and the NCAA recruiting app (instead of here or on the soccer boards). They tend to vary in quality, it's hard to tell the scams from the good ones (SoCal Elite put on a pretty good one, weather not withstanding...all local schools and very professional), and not sure really how useful they are (most of the in person recruiting these days on the boys side takes place at Flex on the MLS Next side or the nationals on the ECNL side). There were a bunch during the high school/winter season...not so much anymore....there are some they are beginning to advertise for summer.

Check this out.
and this

They do multiple schools.

Before going to one of these camps, ask your self these questions.
Is your kid interested in 2 or more of those schools. Have they been in contact with the schools? Do you have to spend extra money to travel to the camp or is it close and you are just paying for the camp.

During the camp. Figure out what level they are. IF your kid top 10% at these camps. If not, figure out what level they are. If your kid isn't in the top 10%, start looking at more D2, D3, and NAIA schools. Make sure they talk to every coach there, during the camp and after the camp. Then follow up with emails to those coaches.

Good luck

I'd also recommend checking specific individual schools website that you might be interested is. They typically do several ID camps per year and what's good about individual school sessions is usually less players, maybe 20 so your kid gets quality play time in front of the coaches. Some of the camps my kid did they actually did full game scrimmage against rostered players.

Back