How’s the 2023-24 season going?

Tough loss but honest & humble feedback. Koge deserved the win and if coach Koge doesn't make the adjustments at half, maybe a tie or a win 2-1 Surf. Are they now #1 with this win?
One of the best couches ever in the US once told me,” it's not about this game, it’s about winning the last game.”

no new news on the 10’s? Who’s winning the championship this year? MVLA?
The easy picks are Surf, Koge, or MVLA.

Eclipse looked good at Phoenix. I don't know much about the east coast teams.

Right now, I'm watching whether Koge and Surf can hold on to their top 11 spots. (Top 11 teams don't face each other in group.)

Penn Fusion (PA), Charlotte (NC), and Bethesda (MD) can hang with the the SW conference playoff teams, but its pretty shallow after that. PDA Blue (NJ) is much improved from this age group this year as well, and starting to look like their normal dominant selves. You do not want to see any of three qualifying teams that come out of the North Atlantic conference I will leave it at that. New England and rest of the midwest/fly-over states is quite weak, Eclipse included. Mid-Atlantic has Charlotte and Southeast has Florida Premier thats it in terms of teams that may be interesting. My prediction CA wins again, but who will be the Bethesda for 2024 that crashes the party in Richmond? Odds are that teams is one of these mentioned. Bookmark it!

Penn Fusion (PA), Charlotte (NC), and Bethesda (MD) can hang with the the SW conference playoff teams, but its pretty shallow after that. PDA Blue (NJ) is much improved from this age group this year as well, and starting to look like their normal dominant selves. You do not want to see any of three qualifying teams that come out of the North Atlantic conference I will leave it at that. New England and rest of the midwest/fly-over states is quite weak, Eclipse included. Mid-Atlantic has Charlotte and Southeast has Florida Premier thats it in terms of teams that may be interesting. My prediction CA wins again, but who will be the Bethesda for 2024 that crashes the party in Richmond? Odds are that teams is one of these mentioned. Bookmark it!
you realize Blues tied Penn at the showcase and Blues were missing many girls with no subs. Penn is not hanging sorry. I agree a Cali team will win the title again this year and I say will then win one the next 4 years in the 10's age group. No question about it. I say that because Penn recent beat Bethesda 4-0 and Charlotte only beat Bethesda 1-0 recently. I will say this again the National rankings for all these other teams are flawed based on the fact they never play any SW teams and when they do the reality hits.

Last edited:
you realize Blues tied Penn at the showcase and Blues were missing many girls with no subs. Penn is not hanging sorry. I agree a Cali team will win the title again this year and I say will then win one the next 4 years in the 10's age group. No question about it. I say that because Penn recent beat Bethesda 4-0 and Charlotte only beat Bethesda 1-0 recently. I will say this again the National rankings for all these other teams are flawed based on the fact they never play any SW teams and when they do the reality hits.
Showcase games don't mean much because it should be equal playing time and players sometimes cant make it. Next year, the landscape for the 2010s will change throughout the nation because that's when all the players start moving to bigger clubs. Dominance is rarely maintained through the high school years.

History. When the high school years hit (recruiting years), talent consolidates throughout the country. End of 8th and 9th grade is when talent consolidates because of college recruitment.

You don't see a bunch of players who move the other direction, trying to get playing time?

We see a decent number of those up here.

Fresheman and Sophmore year is about the time kids start shuffling around looking for playing time, or more time in a specific playing position. 9s, 10s, and 8s, seem to be the targeted positions.
The ones who are changing position can be impactful to teams.

My observations are from before 2020, but i know some really good teams lost 3-5 key players because they all wanted to play certain positions.

You don't see a bunch of players who move the other direction, trying to get playing time?

We see a decent number of those up here.
Yes, what you described is the direct result of talent consolidation, it reduced their playing time in their original team and forces them to look elsewhere for more play time.

I'm hearing it has to do with the coach and the players burned out. Starters are starting to look elsewhere. They may have to bring up their RL players to NL now.
I hear new blood at blues in terms of players and some top departures making other teams bloated and players anxious. Some looking for spots fearing cuts some looking for a promise. Some coach complaints - welcome to May across the board. What happened to Pats moving down? Anyone hear of coaching changes there?

I hear new blood at blues in terms of players and some top departures making other teams bloated and players anxious. Some looking for spots fearing cuts some looking for a promise. Some coach complaints - welcome to May across the board. What happened to Pats moving down? Anyone hear of coaching changes there?
For the 10s and 09s

I'm hearing it has to do with the coach and the players burned out. Starters are starting to look elsewhere. They may have to bring up their RL players to NL now.
Is that a thing? I’m always seeing NL to other NL unless being brought up on merit. I know koge has signed a few RL as well and it’s nice to see this pathway being realized!!! Means coaches are doing the training !

Big shake up going down fellas and someone is about to take over #1. I got PM breaking news, but I never share PM unless given permission. If the father allows me to share this grape vine rumor mill breaking news, then I will. Stay tune for big news for a new #1 in the 2010s for 24/25 season. Surf and Slammers will have their work cut out. This coming season is all about time to position your dd for best opportunities. Time to prep for YNT, College or the Pros. Good luck you guys :)

Back