High school

snd011

BRONZE
Has anyone heard of a Dead Period for club/high school soccer.

This means no contact for head coaches and assistant coaches with any XXXX student.
Also no "volunteer" or "student led" workouts.
Please make sure your staff members understand and follow the dead period.

This also includes any XXXX coach working with XXXX students on a club team

Yes there are a few during the year. I believe there is a summer period coming up.

Never heard the club part of it. I would say that club coaches, even if also a HS coach, I have never seen not be able to train heir club players.

Has anyone heard of a Dead Period for club/high school soccer.

This means no contact for head coaches and assistant coaches with any XXXX student.
Also no "volunteer" or "student led" workouts.
Please make sure your staff members understand and follow the dead period.

It's a CIF rule meant to protect players from demanding coaches.

Rule 2408.1 in the 2016-17 CIF Southern Section Blue Book states "With the exception of the summer dead period, until the beginning of the first official starting date for fall sports, there shall be no restriction on high school coaches working with high school students registered and/or attending their respective high school or entering them in summer competition, provided approval is received from the school principal.

This rule impacts club soccer when the high school coach is also a club coach and his/her club team includes players who are registered and/or attend the coach's high school. If that is the case then the summer dead period applies between the coach and those students. However, there is one exception. Rule 2408.3 provides "Special nationally recognized programs in various sports that require a national or regional championship format, such as Bobby Sox Softball, American Legion or Mickey Mantle Baseball, etc., would be allowed to continue, until completion, during the dead period." I'll leave it to others to figure out which soccer competitions this might apply to.

Back