Good luck this weekend...

Silverlakes put on a great tournament. They thought about the players and had some fun things planned for the players needing some time away from games. Parents escaped to the bar, haha.

LOTS of college scouts everywhere.

Is there a backstory there? Seems it would take quite a bit for silverlakes to open up on the night of Thanksgiving for a single, late-night game. And to find refs, facilities, etc.
I don't think the economics of silverlakes makes sense for a single game.

Is there a backstory there? Seems it would take quite a bit for silverlakes to open up on the night of Thanksgiving for a single, late-night game. And to find refs, facilities, etc.
I don't think the economics of silverlakes makes sense for a single game.
Sometimes it’s not about the economics of the facility, but what is in the best interests of the players and the coaches that want to see them.

Sometimes it’s not about the economics of the facility, but what is in the best interests of the players and the coaches that want to see them.

To be clear, you are saying it is in the best interest of the college coaches, and the 13 year old players (eighth graders), I assume for scouting purposes, to play a game on Thanksgiving Day? If that is indeed the rationale, I feel very sorry for the kids and the parents involved with both of these teams.

If, on the other hand, the Dallas teams was already in town, and the kids and parents from both teams thought it would be fun to play a game that day, like back east where some high schools play football on Thanksgiving, then more power to them.

With my older kid playing in college (and home this weekend) and younger's team not playing in any tournament this weekend, this is our first non-soccer TG Wknd in 5~6 years. Forgotten what a regular TG Wknd is like.

Got to endure yesterday at the malls for Black Friday and having to put up Christmas lights today. Had to convince the wife not to get Christmas tree yet (next weekend, she says). I can't use soccer as an excuse to not do these things this year.... I miss the tournament!!!

So those of you playing this weekend, good luck and wish I was there!

To be clear, you are saying it is in the best interest of the college coaches, and the 13 year old players (eighth graders), I assume for scouting purposes, to play a game on Thanksgiving Day? If that is indeed the rationale, I feel very sorry for the kids and the parents involved with both of these teams.

If, on the other hand, the Dallas teams was already in town, and the kids and parents from both teams thought it would be fun to play a game that day, like back east where some high schools play football on Thanksgiving, then more power to them.

I was thinking maybe the Dallas team booked their flights home on Sunday prior to seeing their game schedule. And the only way to get them a 3rd game was to play on Thursday. Or they have an abundance of players on the roster who won't play on Sunday.
That's about the only way playing on Thanskgiving makes any sense.

Only person who you should feel sorry for is yourself.

...to all of you that are crazy enough to play on a holiday weekend. I'm too full and had too much to drink to even think about driving to Norco or Del Mar first thing tomorrow morning. (And again on Saturday and Sunday)!
Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving.

Silverlakes was actually pretty good! The west field's did kind of suck but, lots of college coaches for those player's that sent their invites, older's got pretty good times so no early games and all games were easy to commute to rather than spending the holiday in a eh hotel.

I guess I was keeping in mind, this all comes to an end sooner than we think, I just enjoyed the games.....with only 1 more year to go, I'll be spending way too much time doing nothing on Thanksgiving :eek:

Back