Girls ECNL Playoffs - any news?

Buckyballer

SILVER
We were told that an announcement would go out the week of May 11. We've heard nothing. Any good guesses as to what will happen? Thoughts? We originally heard that there were 3 options - cancel playoffs, hold them as planned and use the standing as of November, or turn the whole thing into a showcase. But we were also told we'd hear by last week what the plan was.

We were told that an announcement would go out the week of May 11. We've heard nothing. Any good guesses as to what will happen? Thoughts? We originally heard that there were 3 options - cancel playoffs, hold them as planned and use the standing as of November, or turn the whole thing into a showcase. But we were also told we'd hear by last week what the plan was.
I highly doubt there will be in playoffs anytime soon. We're just starting to have states reopen and youth soccer is not even on their radar. I think its safe to say the 2019/2020 season is over and club soccer is focusing on getting the 2020/2021 season up and running.

No chance with anything tournament this summer especially a big one like that. Honestly, I'd be surprised if the November showcase in Arizona even occurs. I really hope I'm wrong of course!

NCAA recruiting block moved back to end of June as well. Most likely may be moved to end of fall again as well. Clubs aren't paying thousands of dollars if college coaches won't be there.

USclub soccer cancelled all playoffs:
"Last week, we officially canceled our 2020 National Cup series, including all of our regional events and all our summer championship event'

No chance they can revert to standings in November or, really, any time since there are so many different schedules throughout the country. Some areas back-load almost everything since they play HS in the fall (about half the states) and don't have access to fields in the winter due to weather. Others play their entire schedules in the fall b/c of the same weather conflict in winter and HS in the spring (again, about half the states). Last, with the states that DO play winter HS (like CA does, along with 5 other states), the game split is not necessarily balanced in terms of #s of games or difficulty of games.

They should have cancelled long ago - my theory is that if they cancelled too early, more families would clamor for refunds from their clubs but by not cancelling, the clubs can continue their "virtual" training and respond to questions saying that they have not stopped their programming.

Was told by our team manager last week that ECNL was working on a potential year end playoff/showcase event in North Carolina in July that our team might be attending. No idea if that will actually happen.

NCAA recruiting block moved back to end of June as well.
Only in-person recruiting was moved back to the end of June. Contact of any other form and verbal offers still allowed June 15.

From the link:

Impact of Coronavirus on College Soccer Recruiting: The NCAA has continued its suspension of all in-person recruiting through June 30; Different rules have been approved for the D2 level. The NCAA also granted an extra year of eligibility to college seniors. The impact of coronavirus on sports is that right now, all recruiting activity is happening online. The timing of when sports will come back is being determined by the state, local and national governing bodies. Here is more information on how coronavirus will impact Soccer.

When can women’s soccer coaches reach out to athletes? Generally speaking, almost all forms of contact are allowed starting June 15 after an athlete’s sophomore year, including verbal offers, emails, calls, texts and recruiting letters. For some divisions, coaches can reach out earlier. In this section, we break down the women’s soccer recruiting rules and calendar for the NCAA and NAIA.

No chance with anything tournament this summer especially a big one like that. Honestly, I'd be surprised if the November showcase in Arizona even occurs. I really hope I'm wrong of course!

NCAA recruiting block moved back to end of June as well. Most likely may be moved to end of fall again as well. Clubs aren't paying thousands of dollars if college coaches won't be there.
I didn't know the NCAA block got moved. That pretty much answers the questions - we won't go if there aren't coaches there. Too far and too few girls want to play on the east coast. Thanks for the info

Was told by our team manager last week that ECNL was working on a potential year end playoff/showcase event in North Carolina in July that our team might be attending. No idea if that will actually happen.
I got the playoff/showcase story too but wanted a final word. We were supposed to be emailed by ECNL last week and nothing!

I got the playoff/showcase story too but wanted a final word. We were supposed to be emailed by ECNL last week and nothing!

As of last Fri, our coach told us a showcase format is still "on" in July. I can't see how this happens but ECNL sure is waiting till the last minute to make an official announcement. As of today, it's still on their website too.

As of last Fri, our coach told us a showcase format is still "on" in July. I can't see how this happens but ECNL sure is waiting till the last minute to make an official announcement. As of today, it's still on their website too.
Maybe a Regional Showcase in Oceanside? I would just have one for U16, U17 and the U18/U19 Composite teams. Get all the college coaches on the West Coast out for a looksy.

I find it very hard to believe there will be a showcase in July. I guess it's possible, but that would mean we're back to training/scrimmaging in June. I know there's still some time left between now and June, but it just seems like a stretch. I really hope the girls can get back to it soon though. Praying for that.

I find it very hard to believe there will be a showcase in July. I guess it's possible, but that would mean we're back to training/scrimmaging in June. I know there's still some time left between now and June, but it just seems like a stretch. I really hope the girls can get back to it soon though. Praying for that.
The girls can play now. Governor Newsom said sports begin first week of June. Train for 4 weeks and then go to Oceanside for the older girls for college only. Everyone else wait this out and start back up in August for the 2020-2021 SW ECNL season. I'm pushing hard for this to happen and in order for things to happen you need to to believe them into reality. I believe soccer will be back for those who want to take a few risk that follows the guidelines as best as possible. We do our best when we go to stater bros. However, I see people walking by less than 6 feet and that's not following the rules 100%. We do our best. Lets play ball!!!

1589907440990.png

The girls can play now. Governor Newsom said sports begin first week of June. Train for 4 weeks and then go to Oceanside for the older girls for college only. Everyone else wait this out and start back up in August for the 2020-2021 SW ECNL season. I'm pushing hard for this to happen and in order for things to happen you need to to believe them into reality. I believe soccer will be back for those who want to take a few risk that follows the guidelines as best as possible. We do our best when we go to stater bros. However, I see people walking by less than 6 feet and that's not following the rules 100%. We do our best. Lets play ball!!!

View attachment 7245
Can you point to specifically where he said they can play? I know US Club has guidlines/phases, but they refer back to state guidlines that supercede that. Last time I checked, we are in Phase 2 from the state. There is no believing things into reality here. I'm with you, in terms of hope, but given the timelines that currently exist and all the unknowns for Cali and specific counties I really don't think we're going to have any meaningful comp in July. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Can you point to specifically where he said they can play? I know US Club has guidlines/phases, but they refer back to state guidlines that supercede that. Last time I checked, we are in Phase 2 from the state. There is no believing things into reality here. I'm with you, in terms of hope, but given the timelines that currently exist and all the unknowns for Cali and specific counties I really don't think we're going to have any meaningful comp in July. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
That, he said, could also possibly include allowing professional sporting events to resume without spectators by the first week in June. I figured if the pros play, the kids can at least start phase one and then two and so on. Time to play ball!!!

Back