G2010...how’s the season going 2019?

I called it almost a month ago, @ SD united said Surf girls and SDSC girls play futsal together and that he was their coach. He claimed the girls are just having fun and no one is leaving. Clearly he didn’t get the memo. SDSC is splitting up between the 2 big clubs, Albion and SD Surf. Hands down, Both teams upgraded!

interesting. I also have a daughter played for a 2010 team and we looking to move to the right team. Originally from Ventura County. She played f2 level last year but she’s gotten pretty good and she’s now ready to play f1 for one of these top teams down here. SDSC got broken up? Wow can’t believe it. They had a really good team.

I am not convinced it is that high. I would say 40, maybe. But my son is an 05 and he grew up playing against OM and GT so I tend to use them as a measure of what a good girl player is. I remember my 2010 dd watching OM play with the TFA boys at the MIC Cup. Our Albion boys were in the stands chanting TFA, USA, TFA, USA. OM was the best player on the field (boy or girl).
I say 40 after puberty. Were talking 10 years olds, right?

• Haha
Reactions: neo
let’s remember this is girls soccer... and how can you say that the Blues environment is not fun? There is no such thing as practice for they joy of getting better. Anyone who practices for the joy of getting better is called a competitor. You play with the right competition and you just get better.

No such thing as practice for the joy of getting better? What else would you call working on your juggling record?

Not here to rag on Blues. Good team and I really respect that they don't run up the score. For many teams with a high YSR rating, the rating drops when you exclude mismatched games. (The rating was inflated by too many 13-0 games against low teams.)

With Blues, the rating goes up when you exclude lower ranked teams. Their rating is built on beating the tough teams, not clobbering the weak ones.

Blues practice is a different kind of fun. If you like going up against the best at practice and walk away feeling you beat them at times and you belong is fun for some. My dd loved it and hated it all at the same time at u11 and u12 if that makes any sense. Loved the friends but at times had to fight with teammates and that was hard for her being 6-9 inches shorter than all the other goats and didn't like the physical practices at times and struggled at times with but loved the winning and came back for more. Held her with YNT players and that was cool :)

Thats some good stuff. So I assume your daughter must be good. If she was good enough to be part of the Blues she must be doing great things now. I love those tough competitive environments. They just bring out the best out of players and make them solid competitors later.

I called it almost a month ago, @ SD united said Surf girls and SDSC girls play futsal together and that he was their coach. He claimed the girls are just having fun and no one is leaving. Clearly he didn’t get the memo. SDSC is splitting up between the 2 big clubs, Albion and SD Surf. Hands down, Both teams upgraded!
I remember that call. Good call bro and spot on you were. Info from you will now be taken seriously. I'm a nut case to all the lawyer types on here. Lawyers hate me cause I talk too much.....lol!!!!!!

Thats some good stuff. So I assume your daughter must be good. If she was good enough to be part of the Blues she must be doing great things now. I love those tough competitive environments. They just bring out the best out of players and make them solid competitors later.
When she was 11 and 12 and 13, oh boy, what a show she put on. She has over 31, yes, thirty one 1st place medals since she was 6 years old. She don't keep 2nd place. Tosses those. OM is a find player but I don't see any rings on her finger. Just saying......

I remember that call. Good call bro and spot on you were. Info from you will now be taken seriously. I'm a nut case to all the lawyer types on here. Lawyers hate me cause I talk too much.....lol!!!!!!

This is quite the upgrade I must say. The talent pool is definitely better further south than Ventura county. My little one trains hard. She had been playing f2 level soccer but after this season and guest playing for f1 teams they nick named her magic Johnson. Girl can pass and move the ball. She be hitting players from way out back putting the ball in the right pathway towards the goal. She is ready for her next challenge.

@MakeAPlay said we only have 40 top players per age group in socal. I think at U10 it's more like 100. Get those players together on teams and let them fight it out. Mentally tough and physically hard practices every week. All other kids can form a team for fun & joy & Xmas party before the big Goliath finals. BTW, I think my dd would have more fun with the fun & joy team. However, she will get a lot better in the Mentally Toughness and Physical Toughness team.

This outrage over 9 year olds having a gift exchange prior to the game reminds me of myself one year at state cup when we had a semifinal vs Surf. Girls were U9 maybe. A couple of the girls on the team played AYSO all stars and played in that game before ours. They showed up about 15 min before kickoff. A few parents, myself included, thought it was the end of the world.

Turns out it wasn’t. Now at U14 and U15, about half the girls are happily playing and doing well on top DA teams, another 20 percent or so are happily playing on DPL teams, and the rest have either dropped out or I don’t know.

These younger events really don’t matter, so save yourself the negativity and don’t worry about it.

This is quite the upgrade I must say. The talent pool is definitely better further south than Ventura county. My little one trains hard. She had been playing f2 level soccer but after this season and guest playing for f1 teams they nick named her magic Johnson. Girl can pass and move the ball. She be hitting players from way out back putting the ball in the right pathway towards the goal. She is ready for her next challenge.
What area do you live in? It's tryout season, maybe people can help orient you if necessary.

interesting. I also have a daughter played for a 2010 team and we looking to move to the right team. Originally from Ventura County. She played f2 level last year but she’s gotten pretty good and she’s now ready to play f1 for one of these top teams down here. SDSC got broken up? Wow can’t believe it. They had a really good team.
Yes, they did. Albion and SD Surf opens the door to DA. Have your DD tryout for Surf in January. Albion already held their tryouts for 2010, I’m sure they’d bump another player if she’s abetter player.

Yes, they did. Albion and SD Surf opens the door to DA. Have your DD tryout for Surf in January. Albion already held their tryouts for 2010, I’m sure they’d bump another player if she’s abetter player.

Well she is no superstar and not sure if she would make it on surf but maybe it’s worth a shot. She’s good but like all 9 year olds work in progress. Was looking at some of the videos of players posted here and she is not at the level of some of those top players from SDSC or the guy Luis Andres’s player who posted those videos on his daughter.

Well she is no superstar and not sure if she would make it on surf but maybe it’s worth a shot. She’s good but like all 9 year olds work in progress. Was looking at some of the videos of players posted here and she is not at the level of some of those top players from SDSC or the guy Luis Andres’s player who posted those videos on his daughter.
Give it a shot. Remember those are highlight videos....Girls at their best! Always choose the best coach and not so much the club - good luck.

Have to be a true GOAT to bump off a signed player or the coach will have to tell the team instaed of having 10 players we will have
I would look at GPS.

Give it a shot. Remember those are highlight videos....Girls at their best! Always choose the best coach and not so much the club - good luck.

As far as coaches any suggestions of some of the ones you guys think are top notch and what clubs do they coach at.?

Back