ECNL RL 2 to replace NPL

Supposedly this is being floated, but not officially announced. Anyone else hear about this? Interesting market share expansion by leveraging “ECNL” brand if true.
Anyone hear anything new on ECRL 2? Our team is moving from NPL to this new division, but can’t find much information

I’m not hearing this RL2. We’ve been going to RL tryouts but no advertising regarding RL2 so far. I will need to make sure there is no bait and switch if we get offered RL.
A few clubs initially advertised but were asked to take it down.

As I understand it, the latest is there will be two divisions with club based promotion relegation. So ECRL 2/ECNL SoCal or whatever name they give to it and NPL. NPL will have a team based(as it is now) competition and club based, like they tried to do this past season. In the club based portion the club that finishes top, average across all 6 ages gains promotion into ECRL 2/ECNL SoCal, and club that finishes bottom, average across all 6 teams, gets relegated.

10 years back I would think that once CSL and Scdsl merge, we finally would have the right youth soccer structure. Now I cannot keep up with all the existing leagues and the academy, elite, national, and super elite new leagues. lol

So the SOCAL League DOC meeting was two weeks ago. Seems like this would have been a topic of discussion and guidance. Anybody hear anything since then? Seems awfully quiet. Are they waiting until State Cup is wrapped up to make any announcements; or waiting for the Olders tryouts to be wrapped up?

So the SOCAL League DOC meeting was two weeks ago. Seems like this would have been a topic of discussion and guidance. Anybody hear anything since then? Seems awfully quiet. Are they waiting until State Cup is wrapped up to make any announcements; or waiting for the Olders tryouts to be wrapped up?
SOCAL have been given license by ECNL to run SoCal RL, so it will be fully ran by SoCal although clubs will have top register through TGS etc as opposed to GotSport. It will be club based so clubs will have to enter all 6 ages. NPL will still exist for team based entries. Applications should go online soon. SoCal get what they wanted last year which was a club based option, clubs can say they have 'ECNL RL' should be fun .......😁

SOCAL have been given license by ECNL to run SoCal RL, so it will be fully ran by SoCal although clubs will have top register through TGS etc as opposed to GotSport. It will be club based so clubs will have to enter all 6 ages. NPL will still exist for team based entries. Applications should go online soon. SoCal get what they wanted last year which was a club based option, clubs can say they have 'ECNL RL' should be fun .......😁
So would there be two RL leagues? One run by clubs that have ECNL? Or is Socal going to run the whole RL program?

Elite Clubs National League Regional League Southern California (ECNL-RL-SC). It just rolls off your tongue; doesn’t it?
Have to agree it's getting hard to keep everything straight.

8jipac.jpg

So would there be two RL leagues? One run by clubs that have ECNL? Or is Socal going to run the whole RL program?
Two separate leagues. Similar To ECRL TX, ECRL North Texas and ECRL USC.

From what I heard (take with a grain of salt as things seem to be shifting in real time), 8 of the clubs will be existing ECRL members, trotting out their third teams. An additional 2 clubs will be selected as potential candidates for future ECNL membership.

If I was in the leadership at one of the consistently underperforming ECNL/RL clubs, I would be looking over my shoulder about now.

Word on the street SOCAL RL will now not happen. Maybe the current ECNL clubs will do something but SOCAL will not be offering it.
Slammers just posted ads today on social media advertising roster spots were available for ECNL RL So Cal. I’m assuming this is still happening but no one is posting any specifics about it yet (SoCal or ecnl)

Slammers just posted ads today on social media advertising roster spots were available for ECNL RL So Cal. I’m assuming this is still happening but no one is posting any specifics about it yet (SoCal or ecnl)
Yes its happening but it is just for ECNL Member clubs and will be ran by them, SOCAL league will not be involved in it anymore.

So would this be more or less like a bottom, 2nd team ECRL? Or just turning there NPL teams into ECRL SOCAL but would basically be the same thing? Or is there going to be a whole new ECRL SOCAL league forming?

We'll certainly find out soon. It sounds like a second level ECRL. It sounds like NPL SoCal will have nothing to do with it. So it sounds like this is a new separate league, and there will still be NPL top level teams + ECRL 2 + ECRL 1. Whether the clubs field separate NPL teams + ECRL2 teams, or just move the NPL teams over to ECRL2, remains to be seen.

Back