ECNL Policies

GeekKid

SILVER ELITE
Does ECNL mandate video recording games and submitting game statistics like minutes played, assists, goals etc..? I know that GDA did this and some clubs shared videos for scouting purposes, does ECNL do the same?

Does ECNL mandate video recording games and submitting game statistics like minutes played, assists, goals etc..? I know that GDA did this and some clubs shared videos for scouting purposes, does ECNL do the same?

This is one area I see ECNL was better at for the most part. Game statistics (assists, goals, goals allowed, and saves) have to be reported immediately after the game. Because subs are allowed in each half, minutes played aren't necessarily kept (unless you are that parent who counts every minute your child plays). There is a very short window to report stats, maybe a few hours afterward the game has ended. None of this waiting for months to see who actually won a game (GDA). Most clubs have games recorded. I also know most clubs also have training staff at the games as well.

This is one area I see ECNL was better at for the most part. Game statistics (assists, goals, goals allowed, and saves) have to be reported immediately after the game. Because subs are allowed in each half, minutes played aren't necessarily kept (unless you are that parent who counts every minute your child plays). There is a very short window to report stats, maybe a few hours afterward the game has ended. None of this waiting for months to see who actually won a game (GDA). Most clubs have games recorded. I also know most clubs also have training staff at the games as well.
That parent is the #1 problem we have in soccer. The clock watcher and how come this and how come that and you said this and you said that

When I’ve gone to look at game stats for ECNL games I find it’s usually missing.

When I’ve gone to look at game stats for ECNL games I find it’s usually missing.
That being said the DA stats weren't always accurate in who played what minutes and who scored the goals. I know my kid went into the game and in the game report she wasn't listed as having any minutes played -- it didn't bother me and I didn't say anything, but unless there is a specifically dedicated person that takes care of that (not the refs game card) it won't be all that accurate.

That being said the DA stats weren't always accurate in who played what minutes and who scored the goals. I know my kid went into the game and in the game report she wasn't listed as having any minutes played -- it didn't bother me and I didn't say anything, but unless there is a specifically dedicated person that takes care of that (not the refs game card) it won't be all that accurate.
Yes, true. I saw a few mistakes each season. Minutes attributed to the wrong person or goals attributed to the wrong person. I’d say 85%+ accuracy for our team. Not perfect, but not bad at all. I found the stats useful and a nice feature.

Yes, true. I saw a few mistakes each season. Minutes attributed to the wrong person or goals attributed to the wrong person. I’d say 85%+ accuracy for our team. Not perfect, but not bad at all. I found the stats useful and a nice feature.
I was more interested in the video and scout films.

I hated it when the GDA put all those stats online. How embarrassing for some kids. I won;t share why it;s lame but that was stupid. Goals, Assists is about all you need for the youth.

I hated it when the GDA put all those stats online. How embarrassing for some kids. I won;t share why it;s lame but that was stupid. Goals, Assists is about all you need for the youth.
Actually, I will share why it's lame to share embarrassing stats like the, start% stat, minutes snubbed out stat, when I came into the game stat, when the goals were scored stats, how many 05's were playing up stat, and who was there and who was not stat. It's more revealing to the lameness of the league and one of the reasons it failed to stay open.

College scout: Hey Patty,, how come you didn't start all the time
Patty: Ah, um ah..............

Last edited:
Just because it's not a policy, it doesn't mean that teams can't track these stats or video all games. Hopefully some clubs see these things as competitive differentiation and put programs in place to elevate the game for their players.

Yes. Having video of every game in the DA was so valuable. We’ve used it to make highlight videos, to analyze my DD’s play and see places where she can technically and tactically improve, and to watch other strong players to learn from them.
I watched a few and could only find two games that had fire in the eyes of the players in 2017. The other games I would not want a college coach to watch. Slice & Dice that video. I have a trick that actually speeds up the video by .00234 per video second ((pvs)).

I was more interested in the video and scout films.

I asked our D.O.C this very question.......to his knowledge every club in the S-W conference films every ECNL game they host from high vantage point provided as part of usual club fees.......my dd club will be doing this.....hopefully it is the same in Texas ECNL conference, Solar is a good club so I would think they will be doing this.......

I asked our D.O.C this very question.......to his knowledge every club in the S-W conference films every ECNL game they host from high vantage point provided as part of usual club fees.......our club will be doing this.....hopefully it is the same in Texas ECNL conference, Solar is a good club so I would think they will be doing this.......
That is 100% true with my dd OC Strikers team. Watch out for this club you guys. I have every video of every game our team has played except road games. Question to my ECNL family. How does one get a copy of the video from our road games? My dd scored a great left footed shot after the goalie made a huge save on the same play on her and I need that for her highlight real that my new friend on here is going to do for my dd. I was going to wait but I see things opening up so I want to get that video going brother J-

I asked our D.O.C this very question.......to his knowledge every club in the S-W conference films every ECNL game they host from high vantage point provided as part of usual club fees.......my dd club will be doing this.....hopefully it is the same in Texas ECNL conference, Solar is a good club so I would think they will be doing this.......
I'll be checking with our manager, coach and DOC. I can't imagine them not doing this. Thanks!

Back