ECNL expansion 2021-2022

When Eagles play surf that’s a 3 to 4 Hour commute as well Depending on the time of day.
But you're right. Some of the regions, Midwest and Southeast conferences and the Colorado, Alabama, Idaho and Utah team(s) have daunting travel times.

1613173862927.png

Nonsense. That’s just what you tell yourself to justify being a cheapskate.
Maybe in Cali. Here in AZ if you look at the top teams the majority did not start with that club and will have only moved there to get on the elite team. Totally agree with Happy9 on that. The argument actually could be made that the smaller clubs do better at development until about age 12 or 13 then the top players migrate away.

The Texas region travel is very palatable. There are 6 teams in the DFW metroplex, two team in Oklahoma which drive time is 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours and then Austin and San Antonio which is about the same as the Oklahoma teams and then 2 Houston teams which is a 4 hour ride. So same proximity as playing an opponent in Vegas. Plus with SoCal traffic a trip down to San Diego could take 2-3 hours depending on traffic and yes I've experienced it!

We are in Boston in the New England Conference. Three MA clubs about an hour apart. Two more in CT about 2 1/2 away. The Long Island teams are about 4 hours and PDA & World Class (just outside NYC) are also about 4 -4 1/2 hours.

Before the conference was split in half this year there were 9 other clubs as far south as Maryland, which was 10 hours by car. Not fun.

But you're right. Some of the regions, Midwest and Southeast conferences and the Colorado, Alabama, Idaho and Utah team(s) have daunting travel times.

View attachment 10091

Aside from the last two big name clubs in the eastern half of the country (Top Hat & FCV) I’d expect some additions in the Midwest & Ohio Valley conference. Those two regions have the worst travel and there are a handful of good clubs in those areas still on the outside looking in.
The New England, North Atlantic & Mid Atlantic regions are pretty well stacked.

I have never coached or taken a parenting class but I used to help train dogs for law enforcement. I recall folks spending up to 10k on a dog and bonding with it. But when they came to me with their expensive Belgium Malinois, they’d get all pissed off when I’d tell them that they had a “pet quality” dog and not a “working” dog because their dog lacked drive. I studied lots of animal behavior and operant conditioning while working with dogs. I think animal behavior is applicable to youth sports and I think drive is fixed but can be improved if you have the correct motivational tool. For dogs it’s either praise or food. Not exactly sure what motivational tool enhances or maintains drive for kids but I am relatively certain drive is identifiable and consistent.
Thanks for training these dogs for us. Great option instead of shooting.
1613177755477.png

Hope y’all don’t mind if a casual outside observer plays devils advocate.

I think GAL just outmaneuvered ECNL and this is the beginning of the end for ECNL. I think USSF wanted to put all potential threats under one umbrella so they know which leadership groups to exclude in the future. This current group of kids will rotate out of the system soon, so it doesn’t matter much that ECNL currently has an advantage.

The new club soccer leadership will be with GAL. GAL will attract the next generation of players because they will hold the key to YNT call ups.

Can somebody please tell me why this ain’t so?
Whoever has The List, they will follow and that league will be the bomb. 100%. Socal parents and kids go for the top prize and that prize in being called upon to play for the U14 Woman's National Team Dre. I agree, plus MLS. This might repeat itself all over again. The holy grail of all grails is making the list, moo!!!

Okay, GAL can go all in and say Fully funded for the top 20% only. The other 80% that pay are paying for the benefit of practicing with the top 20%.
GAL sounds like GDA sort of. I understand what your trying to point out. ECNL is for college.

I don't think there is an official connection. Their connection to USSF relies mainly on personal relationships with key players within USSF. I'm sure ECNL and others have a similar relationship.

It appears there is a more direct connection to the youth talent folks at USSF. I don't if that really matters or if something more will come out of it.

Relationships are important. We'll find out over the next year or so. Plenty of posturing and nastiness will occur soon enough.
Yes sir

Rather than using the GA, if they really wanted to control call ups, US Soccer could just make their own league...oh wait, they just did that, and oh wait, ECNL just took them out. If ECNL can take out a federation sponsored league, I don't think they will be too concerned with much else.
I dont think ECNL took them out. i think something a lot bigger did, Swoosh!!!

Maybe in Cali. Here in AZ if you look at the top teams the majority did not start with that club and will have only moved there to get on the elite team. Totally agree with Happy9 on that. The argument actually could be made that the smaller clubs do better at development until about age 12 or 13 then the top players migrate away.
So true and when the other club is offering free this and free that and access to this, then you leave. I hope that stops for the U12s and under. Stop it!!!

Hey Dre, slow moe this one flying in the air. This was right here in OC a few years back. Car Jacker got what he was asking for :)

Because USSF controls the YNT and GA is sponsored/affiliated with USSF. So if I was running USSF, I would want the top %20 of players training under one umbrella. I would also want loyalty to my philosophy from club leadership and it’s easier to get loyalty from up and coming clubs that you help make it. As opposed to old established ECNL clubs that want to fight every step of the way. With all the top clubs under the ECNL umbrella now, killing off their leadership groups will be as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

In what way is GAL affiliated with USSF that ENCL is not?

They no nothing in our region. Please ignore “PAT”.1613196190847.jpeg

I agree with the latter part of this out here in Norcal too. Seems that it doesn't matter as much what club you're in up until kids move to 11v11. Then- it seens everyone clammors to SJ or Davis, (waay up in Norcal, not Bay area.)

I agree. But, why did WC get the early snub.
What snub? WC left ECNL for DA. They were a well below average club from the DA. Why would ECNL want them back? ECNL only brought top clubs from the SW back in (Surf, Real So Cal, Beach, Legends, Utah Royals (AZ).

Back