ECNL Championship Draw

WRONG! Average college coaches at the loser bracket is 30-40 college coaches. You should stop hating, because college coaches love SoCal players and not all of SoCal players team's qualified for the Champions bracket.
Not hating, just surprised a the format, a lot of money for for what you get. I guess if you have money to spare, good for you. We all know club soccer is expensive, a lot of the coaches that are attending (per the ECNL site) also attend the showcases out here.

Not hating, just surprised a the format, a lot of money for for what you get. I guess if you have money to spare, good for you. We all know club soccer is expensive, a lot of the coaches that are attending (per the ECNL site) also attend the showcases out here.
Obviously you're a U14 parent and still learning. I don't get your statement, "a lot of money for what you get". As I posted the teams will still get 4 games and the college coaches will still be watching.

Obviously you're a U14 parent and still learning. I don't get your statement, "a lot of money for what you get". As I posted the teams will still get 4 games and the college coaches will still be watching.
I get now, since your DD is U14 and that age group doesn't play a North American playoff bracket. You think college coaches aren't going to watch those teams, thus your assumption college coaches won't be watching those players. LMAO, you are one of those parents who think your DD is "IT" for playing on a top 3 team. You have a lot to learn, there will be players committed to better schools on middle of the standings ECNL teams or Girls DA teams. NOT all of the players on a top 3 ECNL or Girls DA will commit to top academic universities at a Power 5 school.

there is a difference between a team with a few YNT players playing in the North American Cup and a low level team playing in the Showcase because they had a very poor season. On the top ECNL teams most players are great. On the middle and lower level ECNL players there are many players that are not better than players on CSL Premier teams and top flight SCDSL. Many players on ECNL teams get those spots because of politics, money, personal preferences of the coach, and other issues that have nothing to do with the ability of the player.

I always thought it would be interesting to see a tournament in So Cal that included the ECNL teams, the CSL premier teams, and the SCDSL top flight one teams. Oh, wait, that might be the DA now....

there is a difference between a team with a few YNT players playing in the North American Cup and a low level team playing in the Showcase because they had a very poor season. On the top ECNL teams most players are great. On the middle and lower level ECNL players there are many players that are not better than players on CSL Premier teams and top flight SCDSL. Many players on ECNL teams get those spots because of politics, money, personal preferences of the coach, and other issues that have nothing to do with the ability of the player.

I always thought it would be interesting to see a tournament in So Cal that included the ECNL teams, the CSL premier teams, and the SCDSL top flight one teams. Oh, wait, that might be the DA now....

I agree there is a difference between bottom and middle of the standings ECNL teams. You are mistaken though if you think all of the players on a top ECNL team are great. If that was the case ALL of those players would end up committed with full tides at the elite universities at Power 5 schools. It just isn't the case. I suggest you research and look where the 1st place WCFC U18 team whom also won a past ECNL championship and where their players are committed to play this fall. Most notable is Stanford and UCLA, because both of those players are YNT players. One of their best non-YNT player is committed to Dartmouth. The majority to mid-majors such as Rice, University of San Francisco, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2161.PNG
    IMG_2161.PNG
    249 KB · Views: 28

If you think Girls DA is going to change how college coaches recruit and select their players. Well good luck, I've watched a few WPSL games already which 2 of the teams were from Girls DA clubs and their players mostly home grown. Let's just say, not impressed....looks more like glorified HS kickball.

I agree there is a difference between bottom and middle of the standings ECNL teams. You are mistaken though if you think all of the players on a top ECNL team are great. If that was the case ALL of those players would end up committed with full tides at the elite universities at Power 5 schools. It just isn't the case. I suggest you research and look where the 1st place WCFC U18 team whom also won a past ECNL championship and where their players are committed to play this fall. Most notable is Stanford and UCLA, because both of those players are YNT players. One of their best non-YNT player is committed to Dartmouth. The majority to mid-majors such as Rice, University of San Francisco, etc.
A few younger parents maybe wondering why is a top ECNL team that has also won an ECNL Championship doesn't have "ALL" their players committed to Stanford, UCLA, UVA, UNC, DUKE, etc.! Well there are many variables, depends on the schools style of play and their player preferences. A top team may not play the style that would be successful at the college level, their players not fast enough, touch not good enough, not quick enough, they don't work back, they play kick and run, etc.

As the cliche goes "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

I did say "most" of the players on top ECNL teams not "all". I have definitely seen many mediocre players on the rosters of top ECNL teams as well.

In terms of recruiting and the DA I don't think the DA is going to change how the coaches will recruit. They will continue to look for the best players that match their style of play no matter where those players are. I was talking about assessing the top players and challenging the assumption that all ECNL players are the best. The ECNL has been a great system for many players but other great players have been excluded through no fault of their own.

I did say "most" of the players on top ECNL teams not "all". I have definitely seen many mediocre players on the rosters of top ECNL teams as well.

In terms of recruiting and the DA I don't think the DA is going to change how the coaches will recruit. They will continue to look for the best players that match their style of play no matter where those players are. I was talking about assessing the top players and challenging the assumption that all ECNL players are the best. The ECNL has been a great system for many players but other great players have been excluded through no fault of their own.

I agree with your post. Back to Lampchops, U14 is still a year away from getting serious recruiting action and many and I say many U14 parents on a top level ECNL or Girls DA team will be dissapointed, if their DD isn't recruited by her top 5 listed school. It's going to happen!

Again, it's why the vast amount of uolder parents stop posting. Either their DD stopped playing, wasn't recruited by their top school, nothing to brag about anymore, especially if a player is on a top team and committed to a low mid-major school, etc.

At Uolders, I find it comical as to why parents don't talk about what schools their players are being recruited at. Maybe it has to do with don't count your chicks before they are harch, but it does become sort of taboo and another reason postings come to a crawl.

I would say, there are mediocre players on "ALL" top teams, from any league including ECNL, National League and yes Girls DA which will be more watered down than ECNL in the grand scheme of things.

The Legends 98/99 National League team in my DDs age group is a great example. The best player on that team is committed to Wazzu (Wash St) and the rest to mid-major and D2 schools.

Again, it's why the vast amount of uolder parents stop posting. Either their DD stopped playing, wasn't recruited by their top school, nothing to brag about anymore, especially if a player is on a top team and committed to a low mid-major school, etc.
My kid was recruited to one of her top 5 schools on her list that is a perfect academic fit (with one of the best engineering programs in the country) and is ranked in the top 25 D1 soccer programs. I stopped posting because of your know it all attitudes and brackishly immature postings. Plain and simple. Time to move on. Your kid graduated. So should you.

Last edited:
Let me clarify, there are several college showcases locally. The cost to fly two people to Chicago, hotel for four days, eating out for three meals a day for two people, the cost of a rental car and other miscellaneous items all add up to a lot of money. The showcase and north american group are competing against the champions group for coaches attendance. Thirty-two teams to view in Champions league, thirty-two in the other two groups. Hmm, so many hours in the day. I am sure there will be a few coaches coming to view a few of the thirty-two teams in the showcase and north american groups, but the reality is the majority will mostly watching the champions league. Maybe ECNL wants to put on a good show. Maybe money should be spent locally at showcases, families are spending $1,500- $1,800 approximately. I hope all the posters are correct, that all the girls in the Showcase and North American group have 20-30 coaches at their games, that would be terrific. Even 10-15 would be great.

My kid was recruited to one her top 5 schools on her list that is a perfect academic fit (with one of the best engineering programs in the country) and is a ranked in the top 25 D1 soccer programs. I stopped posting because of your know it all attitudes and brackishly immature postings. Plain and simple. Time to move on. Your kid graduated. So should you.
You really want to go there? I recall your PM to me a year or so ago in which you told me a certain school pretty much said, thank you. I also recall you pumping up Indian and Oregon, what happen to those schools? LMAO!

Let me clarify, there are several college showcases locally. The cost to fly two people to Chicago, hotel for four days, eating out for three meals a day for two people, the cost of a rental car and other miscellaneous items all add up to a lot of money. The showcase and north american group are competing against the champions group for coaches attendance. Thirty-two teams to view in Champions league, thirty-two in the other two groups. Hmm, so many hours in the day. I am sure there will be a few coaches coming to view a few of the thirty-two teams in the showcase and north american groups, but the reality is the majority will mostly watching the champions league. Maybe ECNL wants to put on a good show. Maybe money should be spent locally at showcases, families are spending $1,500- $1,800 approximately. I hope all the posters are correct, that all the girls in the Showcase and North American group have 20-30 coaches at their games, that would be terrific. Even 10-15 would be great.
Do you ever listen? You don't even know what you're posting about and ASSUMING! Maybe you don't know schools bring 2-3 coaches to showcases and each coach at most watches a half, sometimes 15 mins. Rarely will they watch an entire game, so they see as many prospects as possible. On top of that they are evaluting the players they want to watch who have contacted them and yes, the don't watch every player who sends them an email. It's similar to adults applying for jobs and they don't get called for an interview and some do, then some get a 2nd interview and then an offer is extended.

As for cost, the players playoff fees are already built into the travel fees. Again, you have a U14 DD and is why you are probably traveling to watch your DD play. It's not required for you to travel to Illinois to watch her play. Many Uolder parents don't travel to watch their DD's anymore, especially if they have already committed.

My kid was recruited to one her top 5 schools on her list that is a perfect academic fit (with one of the best engineering programs in the country) and is a ranked in the top 25 D1 soccer programs. I stopped posting because of your know it all attitudes and brackishly immature postings. Plain and simple. Time to move on. Your kid graduated. So should you.
Do you really want to go there? I recall your PM to me a year or so ago in which you told me a certain school pretty much said, politely "NO" thank you. I also recall you pumping up Indiana and Oregon, what happen to those schools? You also posted, your DD wanted to attend a cooler climate weather school, yet committed to NC State which is HOT, HUMID with Legends connections. LMAO! Keep pumping those pompoms!

Since, my DD has graduated and there really is no need to be civil. Everyone knows you are a HOMER to whatever club team, league, HS, college or conference your kid is associated with.

An example of your homerism. Your post in the Bigsoccer forum college thread, post #81. You got the conference wrong when picking who would win the title. BTW, you shouldn't use your real name. #becreative

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/2016-pac12-thread.2034214/page-4#post-34551777

@Lambchop an all-one-stop-shopping event like this is considered golden for recruiters.

Since, my DD has graduated and there really is no need to be civil. Everyone knows you are a HOMER to whatever club team, league, HS, college or conference your kid is associated with.

An example of your homerism. Your post in the Bigsoccer forum college thread, post #81. You got the conference wrong when picking who would win the title. BTW, you shouldn't use your real name. #becreative

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/2016-pac12-thread.2034214/page-4#post-34551777
@NoGoal curious as to what school in the Pac12(?) your DD attends?

@NoGoal curious as to what school in the Pac12(?) your DD attends?

And personally, I wanted her to stay close to home and commit to UC Irvine. A highly ranked University and Scott Juniper was her ODP Region IV head coach and I liked him a lot. She wasn't feeling the campus vibe though and fell in love with UDub's campus a few years at the Seattle ECNL Playoffs. Her team while up there took a campus tour with the head coaches.

Last edited:
Do you really want to go there? I recall your PM to me a year or so ago in which you told me a certain school pretty much said, politely "NO" thank you. I also recall you pumping up Indiana and Oregon, what happen to those schools? You also posted, your DD wanted to attend a cooler climate weather school, yet committed to NC State which is HOT, HUMID with Legends connections. LMAO! Keep pumping those pompoms!
Yeah, just like that.

Back