ECNL Broken?

So even after all of the letter league exposure, international players are getting a larger % of scholarships? That seems to argue the premise of this thread is correct...
lol okaaaay..... try to be content with the league your kid plays in...... I'm happy my kid plays in ECNL as she's exposed to a high level teammates in training and plays against the best players in CA every weekend..... the added exposure is just the cherry on top

So even after all of the letter league exposure, international players are getting a larger % of scholarships? That seems to argue the premise of this thread is correct...

Arizona State had a recruiting class of 6 (5 are from out of the country) and he's already got 6 internationals on the roster. I doubt he'll still be there after 1 more season but that's 1/3 of your roster.

Once again, I. was referring to ECNL. And go figure, no ECNL.

I’m sure there are CA teams going to AZ because, as I keep saying, Americans are stupid. Just read some of @msk357’s posts.
Actually ECNL and GA teams are coming out here.

Per your previous arguments do you think covid knows the difference between scrimmages and league games? As in one is safe the other is not?

Your excuse now is that because some of the games might be a scrimmage, your previous stance is void?

Actually ECNL and GA teams are coming out here.

Per your previous arguments do you think covid knows the difference between scrimmages and league games? As in one is safe the other is not?

Your excuse now is that because some of the games might be a scrimmage, your previous stance is void?

No, my point is that ECNL recognizes the stupidity of doing this and wants no part of it. They are both equally bad ideas right now.

I never said that no one will ever be an idiot and try to scrimmage in AZ. I’ve been very clear about how stupid Americans are.

I'm not sure if we're still on topic here, but I asked a similar question months back. Not if ECNL was broken, but if it was a must. I got some great feedback. I think it's a personal choice- and you really can't argue with personal choice. There are people that don't/won't bat an eye at the cost, even during the current state of affairs when you really aren't getting any of the "perks" of ECNL. But those families may have kids who have been on their ECNL team for a couple seasons and relationships have formed. During these crazy times, I'm not sure you can put a price on those relationships.

Full disclosure-we are not an ECNL family, (yet?) My DD actually just left a club she had been with for the last three seasons due to an overall toxic environment. She didn't bond with that team despite her few years being there. Honestly, if she had bonded and was enjoying her time there still. We'd gladly fork over the cash even if it was ECNL level costs. And nope, not well off- at all :)

No, my point is that ECNL recognizes the stupidity of doing this and wants no part of it. They are both equally bad ideas right now.
ECNL is playing games around the country amigo.

And you said parents would not go. They wouldn't do it. Turns out parents do want to go.

After all what exactly is the risk to the kids? 330 dead in the US under the age of 24 so far?

That is why you are going to see more and more teams going to Utah, NV, AZ, etc from CA.

Other regions of ECNL are playing...as are various regions of GA.

ECNL is playing games around the country amigo.

And you said parents would not go. They wouldn't do it. Turns out parents do want to go.

After all what exactly is the risk to the kids? 330 dead in the US under the age of 24 so far?

That is why you are going to see more and more teams going to Utah, NV, AZ, etc from CA.

Other regions of ECNL are playing...as are various regions of GA.

Yes, I got that. Americans are stupid. We’ll be at 200,000 dead people in a week or two. But CA teams still can’t play ECNL, just like I said.

Yes, I got that. Americans are stupid. We’ll be at 200,000 dead people in a week or two. But CA teams still can’t play ECNL, just like I said.
Cal teams will be playing ECNL soon enough amigo.

And the virus is going to do what viruses do. They don't go away.

Arizona State had a recruiting class of 6 (5 are from out of the country) and he's already got 6 internationals on the roster. I doubt he'll still be there after 1 more season but that's 1/3 of your roster.
Certainly starting to creep into the women's college game. The men's college game is all about the international recruit. The schools love it since most countries pay to play (hmmm). The catch for the players is that they have to come back to their country and work for a certain amount of time. Take a peek at any D1 and D2 roster and even D3 rosters, the international players take up a significant # of roster slots. My son is going through this right now. Will likely commit to a smaller D2 school, basing his decision on academics and more playing time.

I don't think ECNL is broken you guys. I think some States have breaks in their foundations. It's nothing that can't be repaired. However, sometimes people think they can do it themselves, you the know, the DIYs of the world. My pal has been a plumber since he was born. His dad was one and they all grew on up da beach. He's retired now and is living life to the fullest. He was telling me about his worse type of customer. He called them the DIYs with money and they don't want to part with it and they think they know everything. He told me about a guy in Santa Monica that was a lawyer and DIY. He was called it to these dudes house and their was sh*t everywhere. The DIY thought he knew how to fix his own sh*t and he made it worse. m My pal gave him an hourly price that offended the lawyer and he got a lot of blow back but the lawyer said, "F it, go ahead. I should have been a plumber." Funniest dam story 43. If we can fix the problems in the State, ECNL will be fixed. The fact is, we need the Mecca of girls soccer to flourish and be able to play, not be divided. That's what happen in socal last threes year. We had toxic war: The New Philosophy that was dead set against HS Soccer. GDA vs ECNL
GDA= World Class Development ((National Team & Pros))
ECNL= Elite Club National league ((College))

I hope everyone can help get youth sports back for the kids. I will also stay home and let my dd drive so i don't get anyone sick. I'm serious. I dont have to watch. I have not watched a game since Late Feb and I that's ok.

You may be right on this, scratching my head over replacing KB with him. What been improved? Nada, except It's like the UN down there... Been told the international student is easier to get in. :rolleyes:

Not sure this is a good example. The ASU coach is from England so he will prefer Internationals. Girl he brought with him when he came from Southern Alabama now plays for Liverpools team after she left ASU. He is seeing untapped talent in Europe and recruiting it. Who wouldn't want to leave rainy, dreary England and go play in Tempe?

I don't think ECNL is broken you guys. I think some States have breaks in their foundations. It's nothing that can't be repaired. However, sometimes people think they can do it themselves, you the know, the DIYs of the world. My pal has been a plumber since he was born. His dad was one and they all grew on up da beach. He's retired now and is living life to the fullest. He was telling me about his worse type of customer. He called them the DIYs with money and they don't want to part with it and they think they know everything. He told me about a guy in Santa Monica that was a lawyer and DIY. He was called it to these dudes house and their was sh*t everywhere. The DIY thought he knew how to fix his own sh*t and he made it worse. m My pal gave him an hourly price that offended the lawyer and he got a lot of blow back but the lawyer said, "F it, go ahead. I should have been a plumber." Funniest dam story 43. If we can fix the problems in the State, ECNL will be fixed. The fact is, we need the Mecca of girls soccer to flourish and be able to play, not be divided. That's what happen in socal last threes year. We had toxic war: The New Philosophy that was dead set against HS Soccer. GDA vs ECNL
GDA= World Class Development ((National Team & Pros))
ECNL= Elite Club National league ((College))

I hope everyone can help get youth sports back for the kids. I will also stay home and let my dd drive so i don't get anyone sick. I'm serious. I dont have to watch. I have not watched a game since Late Feb and I that's ok.

There is your problem.. To some ECNL is the be all end all of Girls Soccer. Will never be for Boys although when DA went down some thought everything would come together under the ECNL banner. If there was a clear delineation on this it would be easy but both leagues want to say they are the best so.. it will continue.

You may be right on this, scratching my head over replacing KB with him. What been improved? Nada, except It's like the UN down there... Been told the international student is easier to get in. :rolleyes:
The way I understand it, they come with guaranteed dollars for the school. Money talks I suppose.

lol okaaaay..... try to be content with the league your kid plays in...... I'm happy my kid plays in ECNL as she's exposed to a high level teammates in training and plays against the best players in CA every weekend..... the added exposure is just the cherry on top

You are missing my point...I have no problem with people enjoying their kid is in ECNL...hell, you better! You are paying a $#%# load for it! I do disagree that you are playing the best...hell, some ECNL teams suck. You are playing the best who are willing to pay...can't change that fact. Ya, I know some clubs offer scholarships...but they don't cover everything and they don't offer it to all...hell, how could they? Numbers wouldn't work out.

Anyway, my point being is ECNL is everything that is broken about USA soccer...it isn't about creating the best players...its about separating parents from their $$$. If it was about creating the best players we would have regional Allstar teams that deserving players would attend...players would continue to play with their local clubs of their choice. Go read what France is doing...there is a reason they dominate the world football scene. So stupid we have kids travel hours multiple times a week to play with an "Elite" team...most ECNL girls are so burnt out by the time they get to 17/18 that they don't even want to play in college.

Certainly starting to creep into the women's college game. The men's college game is all about the international recruit. The schools love it since most countries pay to play (hmmm). The catch for the players is that they have to come back to their country and work for a certain amount of time. Take a peek at any D1 and D2 roster and even D3 rosters, the international players take up a significant # of roster slots. My son is going through this right now. Will likely commit to a smaller D2 school, basing his decision on academics and more playing time.
How does recruiting of international players work? I assume there’s a strong network of partner academies and clubs around the world but does say the Virginia or Stanford coach say “yeah sure bring her over” just on an international scout’s recommendation? And when does Admissions office step in to confirm acceptance? Thanks

You are missing my point...I have no problem with people enjoying their kid is in ECNL...hell, you better! You are paying a $#%# load for it! I do disagree that you are playing the best...hell, some ECNL teams suck. You are playing the best who are willing to pay...can't change that fact. Ya, I know some clubs offer scholarships...but they don't cover everything and they don't offer it to all...hell, how could they? Numbers wouldn't work out.

Anyway, my point being is ECNL is everything that is broken about USA soccer...it isn't about creating the best players...its about separating parents from their $$$. If it was about creating the best players we would have regional Allstar teams that deserving players would attend...players would continue to play with their local clubs of their choice. Go read what France is doing...there is a reason they dominate the world football scene. So stupid we have kids travel hours multiple times a week to play with an "Elite" team...most ECNL girls are so burnt out by the time they get to 17/18 that they don't even want to play in college.
Highlander, boy do I have a story for you about free handouts. PM me and I'll share. I dont want to get another "over" from 43 regarding a story about my DD and all the freebies. You get what you pay for and if it's free, watch out!!! Unless of course it's to help a family out. Maps teams did that and i like that. Where does your goat play? No one said that ECNL was was about developing the best players. ECNL is a private business helping kids ((parents)) and colleges find each other. It's brilliant. ECNL is #1 league for girls hands down. No ifs and or butts about it. I would like to see more of an effort to reach poorer communities for kids who want more from soccer. Their is much to fix that is broken in soccer, but ECNL is not broken.

How does recruiting of international players work? I assume there’s a strong network of partner academies and clubs around the world but does say the Virginia or Stanford coach say “yeah sure bring her over” just on an international scout’s recommendation? And when does Admissions office step in to confirm acceptance? Thanks
I don't know the specific methods being used. Appears to me to be relationship driven. I think the numbers in 2017 were about 20% of all roster spots in D1 and D2 programs were being taken up by international player and about 75% of D1 schools actively recruit internationally. Plenty of coaches have ties either back to home countries.

It's just something to consider if your kid is looking to play in college, especially on the boys side.

Back