CSL Mid-season transfer

Is it possible to transfer from one CSL club to another mid-season? Is there any reason this would be allowed? If, we leave current club mid-season, would the player be able to play state/national cup w/ new team or would such player be banned?

Is it possible to transfer from one CSL club to another mid-season? Is there any reason this would be allowed? If, we leave current club mid-season, would the player be able to play state/national cup w/ new team or would such player be banned?

From CSL Rules --

TRANSFER PLAYER RULE A. Any player who transfers from one (1) CSL team to another CSL team from September 1st thru December 10th may not participate in any further CSL League and/or CSL League Cup games for the remainder of the current league season. This provision includes transfers for players within the club they are currently registered with.​

http://coastsoccer.com/CSL-rules-2017.pdf

Eligibility to play in State and National Cup is not related to the league play, so there is no issue. Its quite common for players to leave a team at the end of the league season and then join another team for State and National Cup play. The only issue is that you don't want your old team to "cup tie" the player by rostering the player on their cup roster (then you have to work a little harder to get it corrected).

I saw the rue, was just trying to see if there are any ways around it...

Also, WRT to state/national cup eligibility, I know there's an option to transfer during the open period, but what if we leave current team before the end of season, would this have any impact on our ability to play? (I guess not, but trying to make sure...)

Also, what exactly is "cup tie"? How does that happen? Can it happen before the Dec 10th date?

Thanks!

I saw the rue, was just trying to see if there are any ways around it...

Also, WRT to state/national cup eligibility, I know there's an option to transfer during the open period, but what if we leave current team before the end of season, would this have any impact on our ability to play? (I guess not, but trying to make sure...)

Also, what exactly is "cup tie"? How does that happen? Can it happen before the Dec 10th date?

Thanks!

If you are registered on a team that enters State/National Cup, you may not play for a different team after the date when the seedings are announced and/or drawn. A player can transfer anytime, but is "cup-tied" if the transfer is not completed by the draw date, and thus a situation could exist where a player would be ineligible to play for either team in the tournament.

If you are registered on a team that enters State/National Cup, you may not play for a different team after the date when the seedings are announced and/or drawn. A player can transfer anytime, but is "cup-tied" if the transfer is not completed by the draw date, and thus a situation could exist where a player would be ineligible to play for either team in the tournament.

Sometimes a situation exists where a team does not enter State/National Cup. Any player on that team is eligible to play on a different team if the transfer is completed by the roster-freeze date, which is always later than the cup-tied date.

Cal South transfer rules faq: http://www.calsouth.com/en/release-transfer/faq-parents/
Cal South rules & regs: http://media.calsouth.com/data/Downloads/About_Us/08.2013CalSouthRulesandRegulations.pdf
Being "cup tied" has to do with the roster that a club/team submits for State/National Cup. I didn't see the rules for the upcoming State/National Cup, but last year there was essentially a 2 week window at the end of fall league where a player could be transferred from 1 club to another and still be eligible for State/National Cup. Intraclub transfer is the easiest. 2 week window after league is next, and after that everything gets difficult (not necessarily impossible, but difficult). Good luck to your player.

Back