CSL League Cup 2016 - Girls 2006

Socal Academy

Socal Academy
Golden State
Fram
Get a bye to the sweet sixteen for league cup base for being the top 3 silver teams in the CSL ...

Those three teams are deserving of their byes. I do have to question the two Bronze teams getting byes over Empire in Bronze Central who is undefeated.

the SoCal girls have played a brutal summer and league travel schedule (had a great time and have a lot to great memories from it), but our parents are grateful for the two weeks of byes from tournament play. the awesome thing, the girls just want to play more and more and probably wouldn't mind playing those weeks if they had to... Tell them they might finally get an opportunity to play their friends from other local teams and they light up. thats what league cup is about... So any predictions for the first week?

Got to love league cup! Great opportunity for teams to see how they match up against teams outside their brackets. This is definitely one of the perks of playing in CSL.

Looking at the brackets a few teams stand out as already having one foot into the second round of group play, Oxnard PAL, FRAM Nunez, Riverside MGFM, and Empire SC. Here is my take on who wins each group.

AA – Riverside MGFM
AB – Canyon FC
AC – Oxnard PAL
AD – FRAM Nunez
AE – FC Long Beach Blue – Beach vs Valley will be close. Beach is on a roll.
AF – Ventura FC
AG – Empire SC
AH – South Valley – IUSC Manchester can upset
AI – FC Man United - my homer pick ;) should be a good match against Desert United
AJ – BYSC Corona
AK – Tough to pick. This will be the match of the first round Santa Monica vs LA Galaxy Blue
AL – IE Surf Graff – in a close one against Palm Desert
AM – NVSC

AI – FC Man United - my homer pick ;) should be a good match against Desert United

Come on Ocho where is AN - AU? That's where the picks become uncomfortable... First some observations:

FC Man might be your homer pick, but I think they'll get out of bracket after a close win against Dessert United. In the round of 32 they'll loose to Eagles and beat Canyon FC in PK's to snag a wildcard to the round of 16.

Riverside MGM & Eclipse seem to be crushing. Why didn't one of them replace Celitcs and play Silver South? Hopefully some of these teams will move up next year. Both should get through the first round and Empire will land in the group of death for round two (LA Premier 5-2 SS, Fram 8-0 BW, and Empire 7-0 BC).

Here are the rest of my picks mostly based on statistics so please don't get your feelings hurt and remember these are 10 year old kids so who really knows which ones will be (have been) going to Chucky Cheese the night before games:

FIRST ROUND POOL WINNERS

POOL AA RIVERSIDEMGFMSOCCERDEVILS BE
POOL AB CANYON FC G06 FIPPS BS
POOL AC OXNARD PAL BB
POOL AD FRAM NUNEZ BW
POOL AE FC LONG BEACH G06 BLUE BW
POOL AF VENTURA FC PREMIER BA
POOL AG EMPIRE SC G06 BC
POOL AH SOUTH VALLEY G06 CHAMBERS BN
POOL AI FC MAN UNITED G06 BC
POOL AJ AUTOBAHN SC G06 BLUE BW
POOL AK SANTA MONICA UTD G2006 BW
POOL AL IE SURF G06 GRAFF BD
POOL AM N.V.S.C. WH G06 BN

SECOND ROUND POOL WINNERS

POOL AN SOUTH VALLEY G06 GORE SN
POOL AO LA PREMIER FC SS
POOL AP OXNARD PAL BB
POOL AQ EAGLES SN
POOL AR FRAM AGUINALDO SS
POOL AS SANTA MONICA UTD G2006 BW
POOL AT VC FUSION YSA BA
POOL AU HOLLYWOOD FC G2006 WHITE SS

WILD CARD

Wildcard FC LONG BEACH G06 BLUE BW
Wildcard EMPIRE SC G06 BC
Wildcard AC BREA G06 RED SS
Wildcard FC MAN UNITED G06 BC
Wildcard RIVERSIDEMGFMSOCCERDEVILS BE
Wildcard N.V.S.C. BREAKAWAY G06 SN
Wildcard IE SURF G06 GRAFF BD
Wildcard N.V.S.C. WH G06 BN

Come on Ocho where is AN - AU? That's where the picks become uncomfortable... First some observations:

FC Man might be your homer pick, but I think they'll get out of bracket after a close win against Dessert United. In the round of 32 they'll loose to Eagles and beat Canyon FC in PK's to snag a wildcard to the round of 16.

Riverside MGM & Eclipse seem to be crushing. Why didn't one of them replace Celitcs and play Silver South? Hopefully some of these teams will move up next year. Both should get through the first round and Empire will land in the group of death for round two (LA Premier 5-2 SS, Fram 8-0 BW, and Empire 7-0 BC).

Here are the rest of my picks mostly based on statistics so please don't get your feelings hurt and remember these are 10 year old kids so who really knows which ones will be (have been) going to Chucky Cheese the night before games:

FIRST ROUND POOL WINNERS

POOL AA RIVERSIDEMGFMSOCCERDEVILS BE
POOL AB CANYON FC G06 FIPPS BS
POOL AC OXNARD PAL BB
POOL AD FRAM NUNEZ BW
POOL AE FC LONG BEACH G06 BLUE BW
POOL AF VENTURA FC PREMIER BA
POOL AG EMPIRE SC G06 BC
POOL AH SOUTH VALLEY G06 CHAMBERS BN
POOL AI FC MAN UNITED G06 BC
POOL AJ AUTOBAHN SC G06 BLUE BW
POOL AK SANTA MONICA UTD G2006 BW
POOL AL IE SURF G06 GRAFF BD
POOL AM N.V.S.C. WH G06 BN

POOL AN SOUTH VALLEY G06 GORE SN
POOL AO LA PREMIER FC SS
POOL AP OXNARD PAL BB
POOL AQ EAGLES SN
POOL AR FRAM AGUINALDO SS
POOL AS SANTA MONICA UTD G2006 BW
POOL AT VC FUSION YSA BA
POOL AU HOLLYWOOD FC G2006 WHITE SS

WILD CARD

Wildcard FC LONG BEACH G06 BLUE BW
Wildcard EMPIRE SC G06 BC
Wildcard AC BREA G06 RED SS
Wildcard FC MAN UNITED G06 BC
Wildcard RIVERSIDEMGFMSOCCERDEVILS BE
Wildcard N.V.S.C. BREAKAWAY G06 SN
Wildcard IE SURF G06 GRAFF BD
Wildcard N.V.S.C. WH G06 BN

You are right @softwaretest second round needs a little more thinking. Was going to wait for another week of CSL play before making the next round of play picks since there are a few match ups coming up that are very interesting. Anyways here are my picks for those advancing to the Sweet 16.

I have all the same except for the last one. I have N.V.S.C. WH G06 BN upsetting the two silver teams in this group and coming out as the pool winner instead of a wild card.

WILD CARD
There is only six wildcard spots available. FCGS PDA and SoCal Academy are already in the Sweet 16.
FRAM NUNEZ BW
AC BREA G06 RED SS
FC MAN UNITED G06 BC
SANTA MONICA UTD G2006 BW
IE SURF G06 GRAFF BD
OXNARD AC BLUE SN

I hope my CLS League Cup picks are better than my NFL picks this year.

Thank you for the great prognostication. I wish I could provide additional insight but all your picks make sense. Though I want my DDs team to play LAPFC in the round of 8 (if both teams win to that point), I could see them being a wild card coming into the sweet 16 (tough bracket, 10 players having to play three games in a weekend).

I have to agree with ochouno how does a 3rd place bronze team get a bye to the second round when the first teams in bronze central doesn't. I completely respect the coach and my daughter almost played for him, but I have a feeling CSL is paying him respect for his girls' great results the prior two years.

Though I want my DDs team to play LAPFC in the round of 8 (if both teams win to that point), I could see them being a wild card coming into the sweet 16 (tough bracket, 10 players having to play three games in a weekend).

LAPFC is a solid team and should get through just fine to really be a handful in the next round. Will be fun to see how everything plays out.

My picks didn't do too bad. We'll call it 8-3-1 with one with one more pool still outstanding. Ocho I told you FC Man wasn't a homer pick.... Congrats and good luck in Camarillo this weekend!

AA – Riverside MGFM
With wins against Simi Valley 7-1 & LA Premier 4-0 riverside seems to be the strong team that was predicted. Got this one right

AB – Canyon FC
By beating roadrunners 7-0 and drawing with coastal Valley Canyon wins the pool via more goals for 7/4. Got this one right

AC – Oxnard PAL
After a forfeit by high desert and a 2-1 victory over Fullerton Rangers Oxnard wins the pool as predicted. Got this one right

AD – FRAM Nunez
After cruising past IUSC 11-0 they beat Simi Valley eclipse 3-0 to advance. Got this one right

AE – FC LONG BEACH G06 BLUE BW
This bracket isn't reported yet as predicted this one is tight as beach/valley drew 1-1.

AF – Ventura FC
Ventura beat NHB and drew with Newcastle to advance. Got this one right

AG – Empire SC
With two wins Empire wins this bracket. Got this one right.

AH SOUTH VALLEY G06 CHAMBERS BN
With a tie and a loss it seems like I got this one wrong.

AI – FC Man United
After beating Westminster 6-0 and a close 1-0 win over Desert United FC Man United got through as predicted. Got this one right.

AJ – BYSC Corona
BYSC typically puts together some tuff sides and this one seems to not be an exception to that rule. BYSC beat IE Surf 6-0 and Autobahn 9-1 on their way to cruising through this pool. Got this one right.

AK – Tough to pick. This will be the match of the first round Santa Monica vs LA Galaxy Blue
As predicted this one was too close to call with a draw against Santa Monica 3-3 and a win over Rialto Fire 2-0 La Galaxy Blue advances with 5 Goals For vs 4 for Santa Monica. I guess I didn't get this one, because I was too chicken, but that is pretty much as close as it gets. Will call this a tie.

AL – IE Surf Graff – in a close one against Palm Desert
I flipped the coin wrong on this one with Palm Desert Squeaking out the win 3-2 vs IE Surf. Got This One Wrong

AM – NVSC
Results for this pool aren't complete, but with a close 1-0 loss to Corinthians winning this pool would take some magic. If this was the presidential election they would call this a loss so I will too. Score this one got it wrong.

League cup updates
VC Fusion 1 Palm desert 0
VC Fusion 0 Select Cities 0

Ventura FC 3 Long beach blue1
South Valley 1 Ventura FC 1

Does anyone know why we lost the fields for the 2006 league cup Sweet 16?

Any guesses on remaining winners and wild cards?

Does anyone know why we lost the fields for the 2006 league cup Sweet 16?

Any guesses on remaining winners and wild cards?

Just speculating, but they changed to let FRAM host their game, maybe the hang up is that they are working out who gets the chance to host, and has a suitable field available for the remaining games.

Not sure why any of this would keep all the results from this weekend's games being posted....

Back