CSL Brackets

There were two silver elite brackets, but now the website has all 12 teams in one bracket, silver elite south. Does anyone know if the brackets are set or if they will still be changing things around? Of course, the schedules will be up at the end of the month and we will know then, but I was just curious if anyone had some insight. That seems like a very large bracket with a lot of traveling potentially involved.

I'm glad they went down this route of consolidating the two brackets into one. Now if they would cut it down a bit further from 12 to 8 teams everything would be perfect.

The initial two brackets didn't give the best teams an opportunity to play the best competition from the other bracket and would have also had some teams playing each other 3 times during league.

If they cut down to 8 teams, each team will play each other twice and also drop some of the teams that might find themselves out of place in the top bracket.

I'm glad they went down this route of consolidating the two brackets into one. Now if they would cut it down a bit further from 12 to 8 teams everything would be perfect.

The initial two brackets didn't give the best teams an opportunity to play the best competition from the other bracket and would have also had some teams playing each other 3 times during league.

If they cut down to 8 teams, each team will play each other twice and also drop some of the teams that might find themselves out of place in the top bracket.

I agree, I am just concerned that it will not be cut down to 8 teams. I am assuming that they are working on scheduling based on the posted brackets right now so it looks like it will be 12 teams.

I agree, I am just concerned that it will not be cut down to 8 teams. I am assuming that they are working on scheduling based on the posted brackets right now so it looks like it will be 12 teams.
Yup, cut down to 8 teams is just wishful thinking at this point. Now it comes down to hoping the teams we do get scheduled to play twice, are the good ones.

There were two silver elite brackets, but now the website has all 12 teams in one bracket, silver elite south. Does anyone know if the brackets are set or if they will still be changing things around? Of course, the schedules will be up at the end of the month and we will know then, but I was just curious if anyone had some insight. That seems like a very large bracket with a lot of traveling potentially involved.

I think its for the better, makes for some better games. Would like to see a few teams dropped or move to 8 or 10 team league schedule, website says schedules will be out by the end of the month. First year in CSL cant wait to make some of these drives.

8 is the number that makes the most sense. Either that or add 3 more so every team plays one another once. Having to play some teams once and others twice just doesn't make sense. This is a club soccer league with some soccer minds running it I think. Hope they have better common sense than this.

From what I've seen in the past with 12 teams, each team will play each other once for an 11 game season. They could expand to 13, 14, or 15 too with each team playing each other once. Other than that, 7 and 8 teams playing each other twice. I believe they need 11 games to call it a season unless a team drops after the start.

So, my question has been answered. 11 games, play every team once. That's too bad because in previous years I liked to see how teams had developed/improved during season. The second round of games against the other teams in the bracket was always so interesting because you could see either the development or the status quo on each team. It gave you some insight into the training and philosophy on other teams. I also enjoyed seeing teams adjust tactically in the second league match-up. I guess we will have to look forward to League Cup for some of that insight now.

I also prefer the two game layout. Makes it feel like a real league not just an extended tournament leading up to league cup. But this is what they gave us so now we can kick back and see how the girls handle 11 games vs 11 different teams which in its own right has its benefits. Us parents read up and know what to expect each game more so than most of these kids, so it will be a fresh test each week for them and we can see how they handle adversity.

I also prefer the two game layout. Makes it feel like a real league not just an extended tournament leading up to league cup. But this is what they gave us so now we can kick back and see how the girls handle 11 games vs 11 different teams which in its own right has its benefits. Us parents read up and know what to expect each game more so than most of these kids, so it will be a fresh test each week for them and we can see how they handle adversity.
Yes, it was definitely more about me and not about what my DD wants or looks forward to in league. I doubt she cares what teams they are playing and how many times they are playing them. She is just happy that she will be playing every weekend. My guess is that she likes that they will be playing so many different teams instead of the same teams as last season.

Back