Copper Sky Cup G2010

1 beats 6 in the finals but a close scrappy game. Which team is your DD on?
1 beats 6 in the finals but a close scrappy game. Which team is your DD on?
My guess is finals comes down to 2 and 4, with Surf edging Arsenal in the finals. You never know when teams travel to AZ, there can be guest players, players missing, etc.

Good luck to your DD if playing! Mine is not in this tournament.

Surf wins, and its not even close
I would love to see an Eagles Team and Ole in this tournament. I’ll be interested in seeing SD Surf Select too.. I’m hearing that they have an amazing team down there. I guess my question is, which SD Surf is better? I see two in the lineup

I would love to see an Eagles Team and Ole in this tournament. I’ll be interested in seeing SD Surf Select too.. I’m hearing that they have an amazing team down there. I guess my question is, which SD Surf is better? I see two in the lineup
The top Surf team is (Andy Brookfield) the Select team.....should be right at or near the top this year.

Instead of a 6 team bracket with every team playing a random 3 other teams, I would rather see (2) 3 team brackets and after 2 games in group play, go straight to the semis. That would be more fair. I do agree that Surf will take this one though.

I agree. Arsenal is the only team that will keep it relatively close. Too bad Blues top team in in the other tournament, I would love it to have a Surf vs. Blues matchup.
I think the game will be closer than most expected. It’s going to come down to game strategy from the Coach...the winner will be based on the philosophy of what the game means to the team (Winning or Development)

Surf should win if they play to win and make the right chess moves

Arsenal can win if Surf chooses development over winning.

Final Verdict - Surf wins a nail biter

I think the game will be closer than most expected. It’s going to come down to game strategy from the Coach...the winner will be based on the philosophy of what the game means to the team (Winning or Development)

Surf should win if they play to win and make the right chess moves

Arsenal can win if Surf chooses development over winning.

Final Verdict - Surf wins a nail biter
I agree.. because no one has seen these girls play since January, it’ll be interesting to see how they’ll do during live action. Hopefully it’ll be entertaining and competitive given that these girls have to play each other out of state.. can’t wait to see the scores and get commentary for whoever attends.

I saw Surf beat Arsenal 3-0. Was anyone there that can give a summary?
Good game, Surf had many chances they didn’t convert but led 1-0 at half off a quick turn and a long shot. Arsenal came out hard in the second half and threatened numerous times until Surf took the ball down the left side with a beautiful goal off the cross. Then they finished off the game at 3-0.

Back