College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

Salcedo pleads guilty --

---and --- sortakarma ---

Thanks a lot for reminding the conspiracy theorists and winding them up again. I wonder if they’re ready to apologize for being so mean after I told them Cromwell wouldn’t get fired, they would never hear a word from UCLA about her, and the scandal would have no meaningful impact on the women’s program or recruiting. Man was I prescient yet again.

How is the argument working out that, as taxpayers, they’re entitled to know what happened? And if Cromwell’s emails and texts were so awful and implicated her, why hasn’t the LA Times mentioned it although it’s had them for more than six months? Do you think the conspiracy runs so far and deep that it includes the Times reporters, and that no one can ever touch the all powerful women’s soccer coach? I bet Gavin Newsom himself is pulling the strings. Still so many questions after all this time, and no answers other than Cromwell had no involvement with Singer, did not take any bribes and did nothing more than a favor for a colleague, like pretty much all D1 coaches.

Thanks a lot for reminding the conspiracy theorists and winding them up again. I wonder if they’re ready to apologize for being so mean after I told them Cromwell wouldn’t get fired, they would never hear a word from UCLA about her, and the scandal would have no meaningful impact on the women’s program or recruiting. Man was I prescient yet again.

How is the argument working out that, as taxpayers, they’re entitled to know what happened? And if Cromwell’s emails and texts were so awful and implicated her, why hasn’t the LA Times mentioned it although it’s had them for more than six months? Do you think the conspiracy runs so far and deep that it includes the Times reporters, and that no one can ever touch the all powerful women’s soccer coach? I bet Gavin Newsom himself is pulling the strings. Still so many questions after all this time, and no answers other than Cromwell had no involvement with Singer, did not take any bribes and did nothing more than a favor for a colleague, like pretty much all D1 coaches.

A favor for a colleague is exactly right. There are favors that are easy, honest, and good deeds. I'm not sure this particular favor falls under that category.

A "favor" and you don't ask why you're putting a player on your roster who has no soccer experience? Hmmmm....

Exactly... she and the program seem far too high profile to stick a neck out for nothing. Those are premium roster spots for women's soccer and the exposure of having a player, that didn't even play, seems much too high. Everyone on that roster needed about 15 minutes at practice to know something is up. I don't buy that. Maybe they just kept their mouths shut but why would Cromwell put herself in harm's way for nothing?

A "favor" and you don't ask why you're putting a player on your roster who has no soccer experience? Hmmmm....
Everyone who knew me or my dd back in 2017 & 2018 knew what we were about. I told the higher up and coach at her previous club one big "No" for college when they asked her to send 20 emails out when she was in 8th grade. We did not send at that time because I felt she was too young and I was after the pros for her at that time. Remember my story I told 100s of times here? No need to bring up that past, right? However, i did say if one school had some interest I would be interested in hearing what they have to say. How does one communicate to a coach who can;t talk to me or my dd unless the kid makes the first move. What kind of speed dating was going on back then? Rules were changing and my dd and her old team just got done winning the National Championship on August 3rd of 2017. On September 6th, The List came out and my dd was not on. Talk about eating some more humble pie for my dd. She looked at the list and circled two games, Legends and Earthquakes. Why? Because most of the girls who were picked were from both of those two teams ironically. She and her team spanked Legends FC 5-0. She scored in the first few minutes and then assisted quickly after that. They had 5 National Team Members. Next, San Jose Earthquakes come to Del Mar with all their goats. She had the game of her life and scored two goals against the #1 team, the Earthquakes back in late 2017. We won 2-0 :) I have the video too. I also got one of the biggest compliments ever by her coach at the time. Top head technical recruiter was their too :) At this time, none of the top 04 goats had verbally committed yet. I was told this game was big time and my dd played the game of her life. 7 future YNT members, 5 UCLA commits, 1 North Carolina Commit and I'm not sure about all the others. Deza was there coaching too and it was one for bragging rights I was told. Nocal vs Socal dominance. I think my dd caught one of the UCLA commits napping and scored early in that game too :) Anyway, my ego is getting big again and I will just chill and see how this all unfolds. Crazy stuff @Giesbock that has happen to my family with soccer bro. I hated having to come on here and rant and ask a few questions about what the hell was going on the last three years. I don;t want to judge but the big missing puzzle piece that has been in my mind has been found. Lot's of birds are now singing. Let's see where the truth finds us.

P.S. Compare Isackson stats and bio to my kid at the same time. All around 2017 too. Crazy and actually sad :(

Everyone who knew me or my dd back in 2017 & 2018 knew what we were about. I told the higher up and coach at her previous club one big "No" for college when they asked her to send 20 emails out when she was in 8th grade. We did not send at that time because I felt she was too young and I was after the pros for her at that time. Remember my story I told 100s of times here? No need to bring up that past, right? However, i did say if one school had some interest I would be interested in hearing what they have to say. How does one communicate to a coach who can;t talk to me or my dd unless the kid makes the first move. What kind of speed dating was going on back then? Rules were changing and my dd and her old team just got done winning the National Championship on August 3rd of 2017. On September 6th, The List came out and my dd was not on. Talk about eating some more humble pie for my dd. She looked at the list and circled two games, Legends and Earthquakes. Why? Because most of the girls who were picked were from both of those two teams ironically. She and her team spanked Legends FC 5-0. She scored in the first few minutes and then assisted quickly after that. They had 5 National Team Members. Next, San Jose Earthquakes come to Del Mar with all their goats. She had the game of her life and scored two goals against the #1 team, the Earthquakes back in late 2017. We won 2-0 :) I have the video too. I also got one of the biggest compliments ever by her coach at the time. Top head technical recruiter was their too :) At this time, none of the top 04 goats had verbally committed yet. I was told this game was big time and my dd played the game of her life. 7 future YNT members, 5 UCLA commits, 1 North Carolina Commit and I'm not sure about all the others. Deza was there coaching too and it was one for bragging rights I was told. Nocal vs Socal dominance. I think my dd caught one of the UCLA commits napping and scored early in that game too :) Anyway, my ego is getting big again and I will just chill and see how this all unfolds. Crazy stuff @Giesbock that has happen to my family with soccer bro. I hated having to come on here and rant and ask a few questions about what the hell was going on the last three years. I don;t want to judge but the big missing puzzle piece that has been in my mind has been found. Lot's of birds are now singing. Let's see where the truth finds us.

P.S. Compare Isackson stats and bio to my kid at the same time. All around 2017 too. Crazy and actually sad :(

Spicoli, didn't you promise to stop doing this?

Exactly... she and the program seem far too high profile to stick a neck out for nothing. Those are premium roster spots for women's soccer and the exposure of having a player, that didn't even play, seems much too high. Everyone on that roster needed about 15 minutes at practice to know something is up. I don't buy that. Maybe they just kept their mouths shut but why would Cromwell put herself in harm's way for nothing?
Do soccer programs have a limit on rosters? Can they field a practice squad?

A bit different - But some college basketball programs will have a kid on a roster that has no business playing Division 1 basketball. Maybe their dad is friends with the coach or someone else within the program. But these players at least attend all practices and games.

A bit different - But some college basketball programs will have a kid on a roster that has no business playing Division 1 basketball. Maybe their dad is friends with the coach or someone else within the program. But these players at least attend all practices and games.
John Wooden's grandson played there, that is 100% ok.

"non-athletes"- I assume this is not a typo, and is what it sounds like?

If this is taken at face value, then wouldn't that be different than Ivy programs use of AI? For the Ivys, I'm assuming the recruits brought in to round out the class are still "athletes" with a legitimate athletic resume.
[/QUOTE

Schools use bench players to raise their APR because the players they recruit frequently don't have the grades that would have gotten them admitted to the school.

I find it really hard to believe UCLA can't find really good players with really high grade point averages. We aren't talking about Cal State _________ here. Are we to believe they don't turn away hundreds of terrific players, with a 3.75 or higher, every single year? And it's not like we're asking someone to pay $70k for a year of tuition, either. UCLA is affordable by relative standards.

I guess, ultimately, it's Amanda's choice to take whomever she wants... but she clearly knew what she was doing and it's hard for me to imagine her risking the bad publicity as a favor to him.

Your argument is that because Salcedo is guilty therefore Cromwell must be innocent?

Dang! That is a some seriously weak logic.

Using that kind of reasoning, I hope you aren’t too hungry because I had pancakes for breakfast this morning.

Your argument is that because Salcedo is guilty therefore Cromwell must be innocent?

Dang! That is a some seriously weak logic.

Using that kind of reasoning, I hope you aren’t too hungry because I had pancakes for breakfast this morning.

Ha ha. My reasoning is that Salcedo taking a bribe doesn’t mean Cromwell did. My reasoning is that no evidence has been identified that justifies firing Cromwell. My reasoning is that the LA Times has had Cromwell’s emails and texts for more than six months and considered it a waste of ink to write about them. My reasoning is that if you believe a conspiracy that ElleJustus believes, then you are equally loony tunes.

Man, it must be frustrating that ya’ll were wrong about GDA, ACLs, the WNT, and now UCLA. It’s almost like anything that can be put into an acronym is something you will get wrong.

Did anyone in here watch “The Scheme” on HBO sports? Remember FBI and the US Attorney from the Southern District of NY was hell bent on locking up NCAA basketball coaches? Sean Miller, Rick Pitino, and Will Wade were all gonna be indicted. The SDNY had “their playbook of corruption“ and was gonna lock ‘me up. And then..... poof, the story vanished. The feds never successfully got money into the hands of the coaches.

Only those who touched money in the Singer scheme were indicted, so Cromwell probably got a scare, but no charges.

Ha ha. My reasoning is that Salcedo taking a bribe doesn’t mean Cromwell did. My reasoning is that no evidence has been identified that justifies firing Cromwell. My reasoning is that the LA Times has had Cromwell’s emails and texts for more than six months and considered it a waste of ink to write about them. My reasoning is that if you believe a conspiracy that ElleJustus believes, then you are equally loony tunes.

Man, it must be frustrating that ya’ll were wrong about GDA, ACLs, the WNT, and now UCLA. It’s almost like anything that can be put into an acronym is something you will get wrong.
I do need soccer advice Coach. I have a very dear friend in south oc looking to hook up with the #1 girls team in OC for 2007 age female goat. Coach, this one is way faster than my goat and is 100% not a one trick pony. She has the skills and the parents with a lot of money too. Looking for the right fit. I know Blues has many changes coming and all the other clubs do too. Where should I tell him to check out? Oh ya, they have a neighbor with 2008 goat too.

Where did I draw any conclusion about UCLA?

I just noticed that your conclusion was completely unfounded. Someone posted an article about Salcedo and you posted that it proves Cromwell is innocent. Then you talked about how amazingly right you are.

As I said, that is some impressively bad reasoning.

Did anyone in here watch “The Scheme” on HBO sports? Remember FBI and the US Attorney from the Southern District of NY was hell bent on locking up NCAA basketball coaches? Sean Miller, Rick Pitino, and Will Wade were all gonna be indicted. The SDNY had “their playbook of corruption“ and was gonna lock ‘me up. And then..... poof, the story vanished. The feds never successfully got money into the hands of the coaches.

Only those who touched money in the Singer scheme were indicted, so Cromwell probably got a scare, but no charges.

UCLA does not make employment decisions based on whether you were not indicted. The LA Times does not publish articles only when people are indicted. She probably did not get a scare because she probably did nothing to merit one.

I do need soccer advice Coach. I have a very dear friend in south oc looking to hook up with the #1 girls team in OC for 2007 age female goat. Coach, this one is way faster than my goat and is 100% not a one trick pony. She has the skills and the parents with a lot of money too. Looking for the right fit. I know Blues has many changes coming and all the other clubs do too. Where should I tell him to check out? Oh ya, they have a neighbor with 2008 goat too.

Trying to chase the best team inevitably leads to disappointment. They should look for the club that best provides what they’re looking for. For many of the same reasons ECNL has no interest in “the best team”, neither should a parent.

Trying to chase the best team inevitably leads to disappointment. They should look for the club that best provides what they’re looking for. For many of the same reasons ECNL has no interest in “the best team”, neither should a parent.
Great response. What coach in OC for 07 and 08 would you recommend? Great family and excellent grades. Wants the best coach and I have no clue. You seem to know all about the clubs. PM your #1 and I'll let him. He's also looking for a private trainer on the side. Lastly Coach, I have zero theories any more.

Back