Coaching changes

Ptown

BRONZE
I recently heard that Pete and Craig are leaving strikers, are they planning on taking their teams? Anyone else here this?

I recently heard that Pete and Craig are leaving strikers, are they planning on taking their teams? Anyone else here this?
I heard they were moving to slammers. They met a parent from my daughters club and told them.

I wouldn't doubt it, they are both two faced coaches that have no care for their teams. They were first saying that Academy won't make it on the girls side and to not worry because Strikers teams will be ok. They just say what you want to hear.

I wouldn't doubt it, they are both two faced coaches that have no care for their teams. They were first saying that Academy won't make it on the girls side and to not worry because Strikers teams will be ok. They just say what you want to hear.
My daughter has played for Pete Aguirre, he is committed to his girls and puts in work that goes beyond his obligation for services paid to him.

The club soccer scene is what it is, as parents we have to help navigate the waters as best we can and have to accept that some experiences may sour us on it all but the good experiences tend to outweigh the bad.

I would never ask a coach not to make the best decision for himself or his family, as parents and consumer we do the exact same thing every season. We reevaluate and decide to stay or go at the culmination of every season. If these coaches are contemplating a move, they have their reasons and I wish them the best.

With Academy on the horizon, the landscape changes yet again but the important factors remain the same. Ask yourself and your child what's best for them and line yourselves up in the best situation possible, put in the work on the field but more importantly in the classroom. Enjoy the crazy ride!

Wow
Wow! Very surprising to hear. I will bite. What's your experience with them?

My daughter has played for Pete Aguirre, he is committed to his girls and puts in work that goes beyond his obligation for services paid to him.

The club soccer scene is what it is, as parents we have to help navigate the waters as best we can and have to accept that some experiences may sour us on it all but the good experiences tend to outweigh the bad.

I would never ask a coach not to make the best decision for himself or his family, as parents and consumer we do the exact same thing every season. We reevaluate and decide to stay or go at the culmination of every season. If these coaches are contemplating a move, they have their reasons and I wish them the best.

With Academy on the horizon, the landscape changes yet again but the important factors remain the same. Ask yourself and your child what's best for them and line yourselves up in the best situation possible, put in the work on the field but more importantly in the classroom. Enjoy the crazy ride!

She has just guested for him I'm guessing. I too used to think that until his ego got a hold of him and he forgot what was important.

She has just guested for him I'm guessing. I too used to think that until his ego got a hold of him and he forgot what was important.
Yes, guested / trained on several occasions over the past few of years and got to see first hand the relationship he has with the kids and their families.

I know him personally as a result of the opportunities he has afforded my daughter, we talk on a regular basis and although I can't speak for the families on his current teams, I do know he's a young coach who is on the rise and he has done his best to balance helping the young ones develop all the while having to deal with expectations to win.

As parents we can relate with having to make equally difficult decisions for our kids, can't say I'd be one to judge anyone for making difficult decisions.

I completely disagree with KoaBear. My daughter has played under PA for multiple years and he has been a wonderful coach! He does a great job with his girls of balancing skill development with having fun. He creates an atmosphere where girls want to come to practice, they want to get better, and they want to work hard for him. And yes, he has had tremendous success with his teams, but from everything I have witnessed he clearly cares about both his players & their families.

It’s sad that people need to take to this forum to bash coaches, particularly ones that the vast majority of girls & parents have had positive experiences with and want to play for. I believe this forum was created to promote the sport of soccer & the soccer community here in SoCal, not to try and tear town coaches, teams, clubs, etc. for your own personal vendetta.

Great post Pitch Perfect.

This forum was intended to create open dialogue about soccer for both our sons and daughters. The Club experience varies for all based on club, coach, teammates and parents. We need to remember that we as parents ultimately chose a soccer environment that we believe leads to the development of soccer skills and ultimately an enjoyable experience for our kids with this great game - regardless of flight or tier.

Negative attacks against these coaches, who from my experience, are both open and honest individuals who are great teachers of soccer with younger kids - reflect unfortunately the highly charged political discourse today in our society. Full disclosure, I have a daughter playing with PA. I have found him true to his word and seen tremendous development in the game of soccer with my daughter. I have seen her confidence with extra touches on the ball and have seen great growth with each girl on the team.

From 30,000 feet it appears you have some sort of personal grudge and axe to grind. Let it go and move on if true.

End of the day - it's simply a beautiful game for our kids - not the parents.

Keep it classy!

Lastman 14 is a troll, and obviously has no experience with PA or CB. For us parrents who know them both we laugh off his comments but as this board has parents who may not know them. I will share my personel experience with them as my DD's have played for them both for several years.
PA (Pete Aguirre) is a passionate coach with a great ability to motivate younger girls to excel, be competative and still keep everything fun. My DD played for him the first year PA came to the club, with all new girls he went undefeated for the season. He personaly took my DD from a AYSO ballhogging striker to a distributing midfeilder first year with him. There is a reson PA teams do so well, his girls are motivated and play competive for him. PA's teams results speak for the quality of his training and his ability to motivate younge girls to play and enjoy soccer, Yes PA likes to win and his teams do that alot of that, but thats a result of how he trains and modivates his girls to be competative and love to play the game as much as he does.
CB (Craig Bull) Craig is a exceptional coach with a great ability to train younger girls tactics and increase soccer IQ. CB also has a very good eye for potential/talent in younge players, so if he talks to you about your daughter, (LISTEN!) My DD learned most of her tactical awareness, field positioning and how to play real soccer from playing with CB. CB is more about the girls developement and playing soccer the right way rather than winning the Game. There is a reason Blues has several of CB's former players, CB develope the players then parents move them to blues so they can just win. CB Teams are always competative and all of them play good competative soccer. His results speak for themselves.
As far as rumor of who and where PA and CB wil be next year, BAH!! I've been with these guys since the days of Eclipse. I've heard rumors like this before. My comments here are to give first hand accurate inforamtion on 2 coaches my DD's have had the fortune to train and play for the past years.

Yes, guested / trained on several occasions over the past few of years and got to see first hand the relationship he has with the kids and their families.

I know him personally as a result of the opportunities he has afforded my daughter, we talk on a regular basis and although I can't speak for the families on his current teams, I do know he's a young coach who is on the rise and he has done his best to balance helping the young ones develop all the while having to deal with expectations to win.

As parents we can relate with having to make equally difficult decisions for our kids, can't say I'd be one to judge anyone for making difficult decisions.
Spends more time on the phone than coaching. Hehe.

Back