Cal South State/National Cup vs SCDSL Spring Season

Tim Powell

SILVER ELITE
If I understand correctly, the upcoming State and National Cup arranged by Cal south is intended to align with the previous 2020 “season.”

As such, if you were registered to a team in Cal South in 2020, this would be your State and National Cup. So in theory, even though SCDSL left Cal South for 2021, is it correct that SCDSL teams would be able to (and would look to) play in the Cal South tournament to put a cap on the 2020 season (or at least get something out of it)?

If yes, what do we make of the overlap between the State and National Cup and the current SCDSL Spring season? In the case of birth year 2009, the first two weekends of National Cup are the first two weekends of May, and there are SCDSL Spring league games scheduled then.

Do we think things will be rearranged in the SCDSL season? Or will SCDSL teams just cut bait when it comes to all things Cal South and not play in the State and National Cup?

at this point 9v9 is a waste of time. Lets just play 11v11 and call it a day
100%. It's a lot harder to park the bus too. Time to let the girls roam the fields and play free with all that open space. My dd was getting smashed towards the end of U10. You see, some girls grow faster and are really big at that age. My little one was fast, strong but not at the physical level as some of these giants. I swear, when the field opened up and she went 11x11, it was perfect timing.

Agreed with the sentiments above on 11v11. I don't think anyone 2009 wants to go backwards there. The question is whether Cal South's competition rules have teams transitioning to 9v9 and to 11v11 playing at the new level.

Looks TBD given the rules are coming soon on the website (for National Cup at least): https://calsouth.com/national-cup/

In answer to the original question SCDSL will not be accommodating State Cup games. Email was sent on this.

Once again, the players get screwed by the multitude of competing youth soccer organizations. If only there were a national soccer organization that looked out for the players.

You mean like USclub? They seem to be accommodating if you're attending certain tournaments.

This is one of the most dissapointing issues that I see in Socal youth soccer. The fact that SCDSL and Cal South cannot play nice for one last time is pathetic. At the youth age level, we cannot do state cup because we will miss our last game of the season.

If anyone has any connections with the SCDSL management team, please ask them to be the better person and make it work. I cannot believe that so many SCDSL teams will not be able to do this last CalSouth State Cup due to egos from adults.

This is one of the most dissapointing issues that I see in Socal youth soccer. The fact that SCDSL and Cal South cannot play nice for one last time is pathetic. At the youth age level, we cannot do state cup because we will miss our last game of the season.

If anyone has any connections with the SCDSL management team, please ask them to be the better person and make it work. I cannot believe that so many SCDSL teams will not be able to do this last CalSouth State Cup due to egos from adults.

How do you know that already when the schedules are not even out?

Start dates don't mean your age or bracket wil play that day. Some start Saturday, Sunday or even the following week.

Could have a morning game and then after noon In the other. Not saying it's ideal but teams have done that before with the cups and NPL's for example.

How do you know that already when the schedules are not even out?

Start dates don't mean your age or bracket wil play that day. Some start Saturday, Sunday or even the following week.

Could have a morning game and then after noon In the other. Not saying it's ideal but teams have done that before with the cups and NPL's for example.

The younger age groups, start on May 1-2. I get your point but they should be able to fix this with Calsouth.

Once again, the players get screwed by the multitude of competing youth soccer organizations. If only there were a national soccer organization that looked out for the players.
This article today speaks about youth sports needing a reset and Covid is a good opportunity to do so. Instead Southern California double-downed on more "elite" leagues during the lockdown. We all bear some responsibility. Choices are good, but its seems we've gone past the point of reasonableness. Really curious to see how this all shakes out over the next couple of years. Not holding my breath, but maybe there can be some consolidation of gaming circuits.

This was posted on the Cal South website a week or so ago under the heading " News" then "Cal South Announces State Cup and National Cup rules."

" Spring Gaming Leagues "
  1. " Cal South has obtained a commitment from the Cal South Spring Gaming Leagues, that they will adjust their schedules to accommodate the Cal South State Cup and National Cup competitions. "
Application deadline is April 19 for olders .

This article today speaks about youth sports needing a reset and Covid is a good opportunity to do so. Instead Southern California double-downed on more "elite" leagues during the lockdown. We all bear some responsibility. Choices are good, but its seems we've gone past the point of reasonableness. Really curious to see how this all shakes out over the next couple of years. Not holding my breath, but maybe there can be some consolidation of gaming circuits.

I called for a pause and a reset before Rona 19. Why? Go back and read wat fly. We ALL need a few Mulligans.

This was posted on the Cal South website a week or so ago under the heading " News" then "Cal South Announces State Cup and National Cup rules."

" Spring Gaming Leagues "
  1. " Cal South has obtained a commitment from the Cal South Spring Gaming Leagues, that they will adjust their schedules to accommodate the Cal South State Cup and National Cup competitions. "
Application deadline is April 19 for olders .
Not sure how SCDSL will be able to "adjust their schedules" to enable State Cup play. We are G2011 and State Cup will allegedly start May 1 for us. We have 5 SCDSL spring games left to play between May 1 - May 16th. And doesn't current California Department of Public Health Guidance need to change for any "tournament" to take place in CA? They've got just over 5 weeks and the clock is ticking.....

Back