Bayern GPS-Central tryouts

sealions

BRONZE
Bayern GPS- Central will be having tryouts for girls from birth years 2004-2010 on January 8th and 9th at Mesa College Stadium. We are a new club this year, and the directors are Ray Taila (previously at NFFC) and Phil Burns (US Soccer). Bayern will competing in high-level tournaments such as Surf Cup, Blues Cup, and Surf Thanksgiving. GPS Bayern also offers players an opportunity to train with Bayern Munich coaching staff, and to try out for regional and national GPS Bayern teams.
http://www.gps-sd.com/tryouts

59442E21-E41A-4B44-85AA-7C5F30FB4FBC.jpeg

I think it's out for 04- it's Ray but also heavy involvement from that US soccer guy from the traning center whose name escapes me

Bayern GPS- Central ...We are a new club this year...Bayern will competing in high-level tournaments such as Surf Cup, ...

Best of luck with the new club and it is good to set your sights high. I will be surprised if a new club gets teams into the top bracket (the rest are not "high-level") at Surf Cup this July. It normally takes some time to establish a record and get high level invitations.

Bayern GPS- Central will be having tryouts for girls from birth years 2004-2010 on January 8th and 9th at Mesa College Stadium. We are a new club this year, and the directors are Ray Taila (previously at NFFC) and Phil Burns (US Soccer). Bayern will competing in high-level tournaments such as Surf Cup, Blues Cup, and Surf Thanksgiving. GPS Bayern also offers players an opportunity to train with Bayern Munich coaching staff, and to try out for regional and national GPS Bayern teams.
http://www.gps-sd.com/tryouts

View attachment 1871
I had heard that Will Rells is the director of coaches at GPS. Is this true?

I had heard that Will Rells is the director of coaches at GPS. Is this true?
Why when it explicitly states in the post you are quoting that Taila and Burns are the directors, you feel the need to create a new screen name today and question them YOLO?

I'be already heard good things about Burns at US trainings, who I believe is new to SoCal. Anyone know more about him?.

Burns has worked with our team (Bayern GPS 04) several times now, and he is a fantastic trainer. He is definitely an asset to the club.

Why when it explicitly states in the post you are quoting that Taila and Burns are the directors, you feel the need to create a new screen name today and question them YOLO?

I'be already heard good things about Burns at US trainings, who I believe is new to SoCal. Anyone know more about him?.

First of all what difference does it make when I joined in on this forum. My question is legit. On their website WR was on there as the DOC. I can’t begin to understand why any club would allow that. It would be a determining factor for a lot of people who may want to try out knowing he isn’t a part of it. I have heard good things about Talia. Not familiar with Burns. I do wish that New club success.

This is from the website: 5A421345-CC7C-46CE-BBE6-5E9F6D10785B.jpeg
Rells is the GM, involved on the corporate side with the national GPS group to arrange clinics, ID camps, etc. Taila is DOC, and Burns is the Techincal Director. Also, I was just notified that Toumi is now with the club as a Director for the central location.

Thanks for the well wishes.

First of all what difference does it make when I joined in on this forum. My question is legit. On their website WR was on there as the DOC. I can’t begin to understand why any club would allow that. It would be a determining factor for a lot of people who may want to try out knowing he isn’t a part of it. I have heard good things about Talia. Not familiar with Burns. I do wish that New club success.

Who is the guy I have never heard of him at all?
Also for better or worse I have had little interaction with any DOC over the years. What makes him so bad that a removed role would be a limiting factor?

Wow! Toumi at GPS. I did not see that coming, I would have bet the bank that he was going to Surf. Things have just got very interesting in San Diego.

Who is the guy I have never heard of him at all?
Also for better or worse I have had little interaction with any DOC over the years. What makes him so bad that a removed role would be a limiting factor?

All I can say is consider your self lucky if you haven’t heard of him much less had to deal with him. I can say much much more but would rather not. The experience we had was so toxic no one should have to experience it. Calsouth and Presidio know of him too.

Wow! Toumi at GPS. I did not see that coming, I would have bet the bank that he was going to Surf. Things have just got very interesting in San Diego.

I was thinking the same thing. I am curious to see how GPS will handle some of their new staff?

I agree. As a parent I would Never have my kid play for any club that WR was a part of. He has no business being around kids. He has zero sportsmanship and is a cancer to youth soccer, Unless you want a screaming psycho path coaching your kid. I have never seen a coach scream and belittle youth players in my life. He little success was with his girls that played in crap tournaments and were guided by intimidation.

Every club has good and bad coaches. The key to remember is that you pick the coach that is best for your player. If there is a coach at a club you are concerned about filling in for your coach, have a talk with the coach before you sign on for the season. I have done that before and it turned out our coach did not like the other coach either and said that he already chosen his backups which alleviated our concerns.

Also you never know where coaches will turn up. We had a friend that pulled his dd right before August because he did not like our backup coach. Well right after Thanksgiving his dd's coach left their new club and guess what? The backup coach became her new coach at the new club. They wanted back on our team at the old club but we had already filled the spot.

Eventhough Surf kept Steveo around, I would not have hesitated to put my child on a team there if I thought our coach was the best coach for my child, even if I don't agree with most things they do.

I agree. As a parent I would Never have my kid play for any club that WR was a part of. He has no business being around kids. He has zero sportsmanship and is a cancer to youth soccer, Unless you want a screaming psycho path coaching your kid. I have never seen a coach scream and belittle youth players in my life. He little success was with his girls that played in crap tournaments and were guided by intimidation.

Back