'22-'23 SoCal and National Forecast and Updates

Yes, as I was writing, you crossed my mind, lol. It’s not their fault though. They just haven’t played anyone. All ECNL teams are being challenged week in and week out. It’s like an iron sharpening iron thing. They have not played a top 50 team since May of ‘22 meanwhile have benefited from the algorithm of lopsided wins all Fall. But this is why they are also a team to watch this Spring, hopefully getting a chance to play some better competition.
I respect that and makes sense, just don’t see out of top 20. Seems to deep for me, within top 15 and I’m jiving!
Regardless thanks for the update and Happy New Years MarsSpeed and family!

Some of the best players with Co Rush left this month and moved over to Real Co. ECNL.

Well add Real Colorado as a team to watch then!!! Must have happened right after Arizona Champions League because they still had all of the players. The two players I was most impressed with in Arizona were the Attacking CM and Left Winger. Really the whole team connected passes better and utilized one touch passing than any team I have ever seen including PDA Blue. Just extremely well coached but I understand leaving for ECNL!

My biggest worry right now is we lose some top dog Clubs to ECNL which could be nail in the casket. While I think ECNL is a big step ahead and out of reach right now, losing two or three big GA clubs would knock GA down to only being a small step in front of USYS. Losing Bay Area Surf last year to ECNL certainly hurt but if Nationals, Tophat, and Dash left, ugh, scary to think.

Do you know how many left Colorado Rush?

Two more teams added to International Cup 09 age group.
1. Instituto Britanico de Torreon (MX)
2. FC Chernomorets Odesa from Ukraine

Ukies gotta use that Billions in aid however possible and staying safe while at it! Be a nice break for them to see Dallas and hopefully Britanico leaves the Cartel at home, don’t mess with Texas!

Some interesting matchups out in Vegas this weekend. Will be interesting to see how they go. National forecast looks pretty accurate. Never know what will happen in the playoffs. If Real CO added a few quality players, they’re a team to watch for sure. Watched them play my DD last year playoffs. Very good team.

Some interesting matchups out in Vegas this weekend. Will be interesting to see how they go. National forecast looks pretty accurate. Never know what will happen in the playoffs. If Real CO added a few quality players, they’re a team to watch for sure. Watched them play my DD last year playoffs. Very good team.
Denver is an "insulated" city in that I mean that theres not much else outside of Denver that teams can pull for talent. Real Co is like Surf in that they just pull the best of the best from everywhere around + over time the end up with the best teams.

So just looked up the results for Vegas Cup. Looks like all ECNL final 4, and I am thinking it will be Legends/HBK final.

On another note, there are a few interesting results, only problem is you never know who is loading up with guest players. First thing I saw was LV Surf unfortunetly tied #57 Sting Black and lost to Legends 2-0. LV Surf is a good team, just not a top 10 team. Early spring season tournament with a lot of games left.

Another note is that bottom of table GA teams are not getting blown out. San Diego Surf is probably the best GA team there who finished 2-1 in table play and only lost 3-2 to Slammers HBK ECNL. That's not bad considering they are 4th place GA Southwest. I'm assuming they had guest players.

Likewise, FRAM, who is all the way down in 7th place in GA, managed 2-1 in table play and only lost to Sporting Cal ECNL 2-1, and then only a 2-0 loss to mighty Legends ECNL in playoff game. Again, have to only assume guest players were part of this.

Guess we'll see what ECNL team takes it later today.

So just looked up the results for Vegas Cup. Looks like all ECNL final 4, and I am thinking it will be Legends/HBK final.

On another note, there are a few interesting results, only problem is you never know who is loading up with guest players. First thing I saw was LV Surf unfortunetly tied #57 Sting Black and lost to Legends 2-0. LV Surf is a good team, just not a top 10 team. Early spring season tournament with a lot of games left.

Another note is that bottom of table GA teams are not getting blown out. San Diego Surf is probably the best GA team there who finished 2-1 in table play and only lost 3-2 to Slammers HBK ECNL. That's not bad considering they are 4th place GA Southwest. I'm assuming they had guest players.

Likewise, FRAM, who is all the way down in 7th place in GA, managed 2-1 in table play and only lost to Sporting Cal ECNL 2-1, and then only a 2-0 loss to mighty Legends ECNL in playoff game. Again, have to only assume guest players were part of this.

Guess we'll see what ECNL team takes it later today.
FRAM parents at the game reported NO guest players for Vegas Cup. The team is legit, though admittedly not quite at the Legends level yet (but who is?).
FRAM had multiple chances, including one that went off the post, but the general run of play favored Legends.
It could be a fluke, but based on this one tourney, GA in the Southwest seems to be taking strides in the right direction.

Semis and Finals was cut short to 15 mins halves no halftime breaks just change goal direction
- all fields was closed down by city
- semifinals was reschuled around 12:30pm
and finals at 3:50pm both games was allotted with only 40 mins
- only turf field in kellog was open
- wind gust was crazy
- Legends won 1-0 on semis
won penalties on finals

Tournaments seem to mean less and less the older players get. Can't really read to much into them as you don't know what clubs/coaches are putting a premium at winning games at these type of tourneys. I know my DD's Club does not put any kind of priority on smaller tournaments and showcases and these games are used to get the bench players some playing time but then again, each club/team have different Mantras. Our club holds league play and Nationals as paramount but they will try to win at a tournament like Blues/Surf/Jeff/Dallas large Elite tournaments.

As for FRAM, or other Cali teams, we still have yet see many. At this point we have only seen CITY FC GA at Champions league in which DD's team won 4-0 (I really hope the starting goalie is ok!!!). I'm guessing most SW GA teams would be fighting near the bottom in ECNL League play but still good to see them be able to at least hang at local small tournaments but still have A LOT of work to do catching up.

Again, and to just beat the dead horse some more, if a good coach in GA can develop talent or recruit talent, they can be right up there with the top ECNL teams, it's just so much harder in SoCal and Dallas ECNL markets. I'm actually surprised how well Colorado Rush maintains decent teams in the Denver market. Also will be watching for which clubs move this spring ECNL/GA. GA really needs to hope for an ECNL Club to move their way while also hoping they don't lose any more major clubs.

Going back to the comment earlier about the Colorado Rush players leaving for REAL Colorado. At this point it is only two players, both are quality players, but none of the standouts.

Tournaments seem to mean less and less the older players get. Can't really read to much into them as you don't know what clubs/coaches are putting a premium at winning games at these type of tourneys. I know my DD's Club does not put any kind of priority on smaller tournaments and showcases and these games are used to get the bench players some playing time but then again, each club/team have different Mantras. Our club holds league play and Nationals as paramount but they will try to win at a tournament like Blues/Surf/Jeff/Dallas large Elite tournaments.

As for FRAM, or other Cali teams, we still have yet see many. At this point we have only seen CITY FC GA at Champions league in which DD's team won 4-0 (I really hope the starting goalie is ok!!!). I'm guessing most SW GA teams would be fighting near the bottom in ECNL League play but still good to see them be able to at least hang at local small tournaments but still have A LOT of work to do catching up.

Again, and to just beat the dead horse some more, if a good coach in GA can develop talent or recruit talent, they can be right up there with the top ECNL teams, it's just so much harder in SoCal and Dallas ECNL markets. I'm actually surprised how well Colorado Rush maintains decent teams in the Denver market. Also will be watching for which clubs move this spring ECNL/GA. GA really needs to hope for an ECNL Club to move their way while also hoping they don't lose any more major clubs.

Going back to the comment earlier about the Colorado Rush players leaving for REAL Colorado. At this point it is only two players, both are quality players, but none of the standouts.
2009 level was rough on GA with the DA collapse + big Socal clubs moving to ECNL.

2010 Southwest GA teams look better. Top 2010 GA Southwest teams are roughly even with mid to upper Socal ECNL teams. However top level Socal ECNL teams would run circles around top level GA southwest teams.

It is what it is. I still think eventually a couple of mid level ECNL clubs will get tired of being stomped on by top level clubs + switch over to GA for wins + better player exposure to colleges.

2009 level was rough on GA with the DA collapse + big Socal clubs moving to ECNL.

2010 Southwest GA teams look better. Top 2010 GA Southwest teams are roughly even with mid to upper Socal ECNL teams. However top level Socal ECNL teams would run circles around top level GA southwest teams.

It is what it is. I still think eventually a couple of mid level ECNL clubs will get tired of being stomped on by top level clubs + switch over to GA for wins + better player exposure to colleges.
Wouldn't the mid-level ECNL clubs want to stay in ECNL for the chance to play the best? There's no way you can prepare someone for the faster speed of play, except by playing the best.
The bottom ECNL teams might want to flee due to the constant poundings every week, but would the GA want them?
GA needs to be focusing on the strongest up-and-coming clubs that can't get into ECNL.
That plus, convincing ECRL players that it's better to be on the top team of a GA club, versus the B team of an ECNL club.
Recent tourney results show some (VERY) preliminary indications that ECRL teams might be losing some steam, to the benefit of GA.
It would make sense. Why would a really good player on the B team of an ECNL team not want to try GA and the perhaps better exposure?

Wouldn't the mid-level ECNL clubs want to stay in ECNL for the chance to play the best? There's no way you can prepare someone for the faster speed of play, except by playing the best.
The bottom ECNL teams might want to flee due to the constant poundings every week, but would the GA want them?
GA needs to be focusing on the strongest up-and-coming clubs that can't get into ECNL.
That plus, convincing ECRL players that it's better to be on the top team of a GA club, versus the B team of an ECNL club.
Recent tourney results show some (VERY) preliminary indications that ECRL teams might be losing some steam, to the benefit of GA.
It would make sense. Why would a really good player on the B team of an ECNL team not want to try GA and the perhaps better exposure?
Agree with everything you've relayed.

Players and Clubs should always strive to play against the top talent available. But with leagues things change all the time + sometimes it's better to win than get blown out week after week.

GA does showcases just like ECNL + both are closed leagues. With the transfer portal while getting on a top college team is important maybe getting the best scholorship possible is ideal so the scholorship can be transferred?

Either way the most important thing is that players that want to play have options.

It seems like GA is not opening to any new clubs in SoCal for this year. Has anyone different news?
On the ECNL, side are they moving forward with the brilliant scheme of ECRL2?

It seems like GA is not opening to any new clubs in SoCal for this year. Has anyone different news?
I’ve heard that both ECNL and GA have it’s major board meetings towards the end of February when they will decide on New Clubs, Leagues, etc. so we shouldn’t hear anything until March I think.

In other news, I cam confirm what was said earlier now. Three players moved from Colorado Rush to Real Colorado National. I think that could impact both leagues. The CM is certainly one of the best 09s at her position from everyone I have seen and the same goes for the winger. I have never Real Colorado play but based on previous results they seem to be a good team. The additions may put them top 5 in ECNL now. We’ll see how it plays out.

There will be no ECRL2 league for So Cal girls next season. I believe that's just a boys thing for the most part...although Texas does have ECRL 2 for the oldest age group.

I’ve heard that both ECNL and GA have it’s major board meetings towards the end of February when they will decide on New Clubs, Leagues, etc. so we shouldn’t hear anything until March I think.

In other news, I cam confirm what was said earlier now. Three players moved from Colorado Rush to Real Colorado National. I think that could impact both leagues. The CM is certainly one of the best 09s at her position from everyone I have seen and the same goes for the winger. I have never Real Colorado play but based on previous results they seem to be a good team. The additions may put them top 5 in ECNL now. We’ll see how it plays out.
Word on the street is that the Texas Conference will be adding 4 new clubs bringing their total teams to 16....What I heard is that the 4 Colorado clubs all will be moving. Real Colorado Athletico, Real Colorado National, Pride SC, and Colorado Rapids. If I am not mistaken most of these teams were in same division back in the DA days along with the Texas clubs. Not sure how league divisions will be divided, but will make for a very powerful conference.

Report from GA Champions League last week

GA unfortunately no longer has a “standout” team with the departure of the Colorado Rush players over to Real Colorado. Houston Dash, Michigan Nationals and now Cinci CUP are all good top 20 teams but not in the same realm as the top 5 ECNL teams unlike what Colorado Rush was. Kinda depressing but on the bright side, I feel outside of those top 5 or 10 teams, anyone rated in the top 100 are likely to have very competitive games whether ECNL or GA (at least outside of SoCal).

From my own experience, I had a tough time. Our current club puts a high priority on developing the bench players and learning different formations. Even at the Champions league final, our bench saw equal playing time with a full roster of 18, and running new formations. Don't get me wrong, I get it, these girls are only in the 8th grade and it doesn't mean much but seeing my DD highly upset and disappointed with losing games that she knows they can win can be frustrating as a father. DD is extremely competative. That and the fact we are spending over $3k to go these events and experience a rec team feel is a tough pill to swallow.

I will say that Champions League is a brilliant idea by GA. ECNL does not need this sytem however. It only works for GA because regional divisions are not nearly as strong top to bottom like ECNL but it certainly provides strong competition for top teams.

Our Results
L 2-1 to Michigan Nationals
L 2-1 to Albion San Diego
W 3-2 over Florida United
L 2-1 to NEFC

That said, I do think Houston Dash, Cinci CUP and Nationals are currenlty top GA dogs. Colorado Rush is now probably in the same mention with a team like LA Surf GA. They won a 2-1 match vs. Albion San Diego where just a couple months ago this would be lopsided.

All of this just makes me wonder how good Real Colorado will be after playing together for the Spring. It seems REAL already had a better core before these girls moved.

Current Top Teams
1. Solar ECNL
2. PDA ECNL
3. Blues ECNL
4. Legends ECNL
5. REAL Colorado ECNL (TBH I think they will be at least #2 by season end)
6. MVLA ECNL
7. DKSC ECNL
8. SUSA ECNL
9. Richmond ECNL
10. Eclipse Select ECNL
11. Cinci CUP GA
12. Houston Dash GA
13. Las Vegas Surf E64
14. SLSG Navy ECNL
15. Michigan Nationals GA

Back