2 games a day

Eagle33

PREMIER
Just got a message from SoCal that players are now allowed to play 2 games per day.
What a great way to give freedom to big clubs to have their ECNL, Discovery and Flt 1 players play on Flt 3 and 4 teams.
Way to go SoCal!

CLUB PASS RULE:
If you have a player(s) from your club that is going to club pass to your team (and are age appropriate), write the players name and player id# on all 3 copies of the game report. Players MUST HAVE THEIR PLAYER ID CARD (US CLUB SOCCER card) in order to be eligible to play in the game. A photo of the player card is acceptable as well.

FOR FALL 2021 - Players can play in TWO games PER DAY. There is no special card for the club pass, the player just needs their player ID cards (or photo of their player ID card).

NOTE ON CLUB PASS RULE:

Players can only club pass between teams, from their own club with US Club Soccer player cards. Players from other leagues (CSL, Presidio, GA, MLS Next, EA DPL) may NOT club pass to an SOCAL team within your club unless they have a US CLUB SOCCER player card.
ECNL and ECRL players are US Club sanctioned and are eligible to use their ECNL or ECRL player cards to club pass, per the criteria in the Rules & Regulations to SOCAL teams.

There is no roster freeze week-to-week for club passing players and they can be written on the Games Reports even on game day.

SoCal (fka SCDSL) has always been generous when it comes to intra-club loaning. That was one of the reasons for forming the SCDSL in the first place. It is better than the more restrictive rules of CSL.

Having a gang of ECNL players guesting for a Flight 4 team would be abusive. I have not seen this happen. Nevertheless, I agree that there should be some kind of rule to prevent abusive loaning practices.

There are positives to the SoCal rule. In this Covid year, when there are fewer players overall, this will allow teams with small rosters to borrow from within their own club, and thus ensure that they will not have to play short. Players on teams with a long roster will have a chance to guest with other intra-club teams, and thereby get extra time on the field.

From the game-day instructions page --

"IMPORTANT: READ THE RULES and REGULATIONS on the website. Print them and keep them with you for reference."

Can't find'em. HELP!?!?

This is because too many teams played "Roster Chicken" over the past 3 months. They had 9 players coming to practice all summer and told players/parents "we'll be fine. There are players coming out to practice next week."
And now here we are with a week to go before our first game and that team now has 10 players. While the team an age group below them as 13 players. So those younger players will get the "privilege" of playing up with the older team.

I hope everyone has an injury free season.

I'm hearing of several teams on the boys side, even at the top level, having trouble filling rosters. Curious if this is an indication of a consumer shift in club soccer or if this is the usual for this time of year.

I'm hearing of several teams on the boys side, even at the top level, having trouble filling rosters. Curious if this is an indication of a consumer shift in club soccer or if this is the usual for this time of year.

Yeah participation numbers in youth sports after certain ages has seen a drop off in recent years and the covid year has accelerated that trend.

Somebody this weekend told me there is a about a 20-5% decline in local rec players this year compared to the last full year in 2019. Wonder about the club numbers how much there off peak from 2018-19?

About the socal league flexibility and use of the Usclub cards to pass has some pros and cons. Playing down is one of the cons, ECNL players really shouldn't be playing down in the Socal league.

Play at the same level or above rule like CSL is a good one. Same with discovery NPL which is stated at the top flight, passing those players down to flight 1-3 seems like a flaxy way to develop and maybe not a equitable solution to those players on those teams.

I heard that approximately 60 teams dropped out since the schedule came out. No idea which age groups.

So the hype or promises didn't live up to reality when the schedule came out, the travel was too much, or did the clubs really have trouble filling those teams?

About the socal league flexibility and use of the Usclub cards to pass has some pros and cons. Playing down is one of the cons, ECNL players really shouldn't be playing down in the Socal league.

Play at the same level or above rule like CSL is a good one. Same with discovery NPL which is stated at the top flight, passing those players down to flight 1-3 seems like a flaxy way to develop and maybe not a equitable solution to those players on those teams.
Agree. Move up, never down. Playing twice in the day at 90 minute games might not be the smartest choice though. CSL allowed keepers to play twice in the same day. No one else.

So the hype or promises didn't live up to reality when the schedule came out, the travel was too much, or did the clubs really have trouble filling those teams?
Just my speculation here- But the ECNL/ECRL/GA/DPL/MLS Next/ETC teams have no problem filling rosters. They'll take 20 kids at older age groups (which is needed) But that same club will try and field teams in SoCalLeague and have trouble filling 15 spots. (Or a local club that doesn't have ecnl/etc can't get kids because they've either moved to ecnl/etc or decided to hang up their cleats).
Covid didn't help- It certainly accelerated the demise of some teams.

Just my speculation here- But the ECNL/ECRL/GA/DPL/MLS Next/ETC teams have no problem filling rosters. They'll take 20 kids at older age groups (which is needed) But that same club will try and field teams in SoCalLeague and have trouble filling 15 spots. (Or a local club that doesn't have ecnl/etc can't get kids because they've either moved to ecnl/etc or decided to hang up their cleats).
Covid didn't help- It certainly accelerated the demise of some teams.
Interestingly the teams I was referring to are MLS Next or ECNL.

i looked really fast yesterday and saw some so cal ECNL/ECRL boys teams had 34-36 on rosters?? can this be true--I didn't have time to look closely to see if there are dual rostered players. and I think that may have been 20-21 season

Agree. Move up, never down. Playing twice in the day at 90 minute games might not be the smartest choice though. CSL allowed keepers to play twice in the same day. No one else.
Because keepers are crazy!!! Actually, I have changed my thinking on this as my kid has gotten older. 1 game per day unless it is a tournament, and those should be kept to a minimum. Too much wear and tear on the field players. The keepers could have a weekend with nothing to do, then again they could face tons of shots and lots of breakaways - too little reward for the risk.

I won't tell others what to do, but I encourage parents keep their kids minutes down to a manageable level.

36 players-Pateodores U16
Is that 36 on ecnl and 36 on ecnl-rl?
Or is it 36 between the 2 teams (which would be 18 per roster). Not a bad idea and by rostering players on both teams, it makes the game day procedure easier if players can move up and down between ecnl and rl.

36 players-Pateodores U16

I don't know anything about the Pats (roster wise) but If you're looking at the ECNL website a lot of rosters haven't been updated, it still shows players on the roster of my kids teams who have left for other clubs, so it's showing more players. Look at the app rosters they're updated. I do know it's common for teams to carry 20 (sometimes with only 1 GK)

i looked really fast yesterday and saw some so cal ECNL/ECRL boys teams had 34-36 on rosters?? can this be true--I didn't have time to look closely to see if there are dual rostered players. and I think that may have been 20-21 season

30 per team is max roster but x2 teams so 34-36 between the two seems reasonable. 18 game day so > 36 and somebody is not playing unless you have 2 a weekend.

2 games per day can work during a tournament because they "usually" try to spread out the games and they are all played at the same venue.
During the spring season, it was allowed - but rarely worked out. One team would be playing at 11:30 at field A. The other team would be playing at 1:30 at field B that is 40 miles away.
Not many parents are going to make that drive. And for older kids that drive themselves- They don't want to play two 90 minute games per day.

2 games per day can work during a tournament because they "usually" try to spread out the games and they are all played at the same venue.
During the spring season, it was allowed - but rarely worked out. One team would be playing at 11:30 at field A. The other team would be playing at 1:30 at field B that is 40 miles away.
Not many parents are going to make that drive. And for older kids that drive themselves- They don't want to play two 90 minute games per day.

90 minutes in the heat of Silverlakes Norco and lots of players can't even go full time in one game.

Maybe for the youngers on the smaller fields with less time.

The "write" in a guest player on the game day roster and bring their USclub card from another league is almost like we don't care about your roster just bring whoever you want that's age appropriate for the the socal league.

Back