Who's playing Vegas Cup?

This will be our 4th Vegas Cup in a row for our team and it is one of the tournaments both the kids and parents look forward to. All the fields are top notch and as mentioned in other posts, the competition is great. My dds love getting to play against teams from other states since we usually see the same teams at home on a regular basis. I think this tournament is extremely close to Surf Cup in terms of competition and you don't have to pay $10 a day for parking in a mud parking lot.

Comparing Vegas Cup and Surf Cup in terms of competition is like comparing Circus Circus and the Aria. We are talking worlds apart in terms of competition. Vegas Cup is fun the parents and an okay tune up for National/Statw Cup.

I have to ask. Has your player ever played in Surf Cup?

Comparing Vegas Cup and Surf Cup in terms of competition is like comparing Circus Circus and the Aria. We are talking worlds apart in terms of competition. Vegas Cup is fun the parents and an okay tune up for National/Statw Cup.

His daughters x2 (twins) team won Surf Cup in the Top Flight U11 age group in 2015. So yah, his players have played in Surf Cup. Sorry Splinter, had to answer that one for you.

MakeAPlay, my daughters team made the semis at Surf Cup this year and won it last year. They are also 3 time defending Vegas Cup Champs. Take a look at the age group this year...72 teams total with the top teams from CO, UT, AZ, TX, NV, WA and a few top teams from California. I didn't say it was as good but close. I think Surf runs a great tournament but there is nothing like Vegas for the parents and the kids to get a chance to get away and have fun with top quality competition.

MakeAPlay, my daughters team made the semis at Surf Cup this year and won it last year. They are also 3 time defending Vegas Cup Champs. Take a look at the age group this year...72 teams total with the top teams from CO, UT, AZ, TX, NV, WA and a few top teams from California. I didn't say it was as good but close. I think Surf runs a great tournament but there is nothing like Vegas for the parents and the kids to get a chance to get away and have fun with top quality competition.

It sounds like they have cranked it up a bit. My player only did Vegas Cup once and the competition was pretty spotty. It was always one California team playing another in the final. Players Showcase is always a good event but it is a showcase and winning was always secondary. Good luck to your player in Vegas (and you at the tables) and good luck in National Cup.

What age group is this? I know that it is 2004 but what does that mean in U-terms? Sorry I missed out on the big birth year change thing.

Will we get Tech Specs for Vegas Cup?

Sadly our girls won't be going, but looks like a lot of other Texas teams will be there!

Should be another fun weekend

I believe West Coast and Strikers are in. Not sure about Cerritos Slammers, Rangers?
Slammers Segovia, Strikers OC, San Diego Navy advance. Up against 3 Texas teams and 2 Vegas Teams. Dallas Texans are the real deal. Strikers also took out Blackhawks ranked 4 nationally (questionably). Slammers Macias failed to advance - won last 3 years. 2 ties and 1 win. Good Luck to all Cali teams.

Slammers Segovia, Strikers OC, San Diego Navy advance. Up against 3 Texas teams and 2 Vegas Teams. Dallas Texans are the real deal. Strikers also took out Blackhawks ranked 4 nationally (questionably). Slammers Macias failed to advance - won last 3 years. 2 ties and 1 win. Good Luck to all Cali teams.
And then there were four. Vegas vs Texas in both semi finals games.

Yea, if it wasn't for CRL scheduling games for this weekend their would definitely be a few more top teams headed too Vegas.

Heard that they are going to offer Free window tinting services in between frost delays next year in order to get the best So cal teams to think about the 6-7 hr drive. Stay home and play the best during the summer!

For a good laugh read the Dallas Rush post on the NTX soccer forum. Just waiting for someone to put him in his place with a hey if your team is so good show up to surf cup 2017 and prepare to be humbled.

http://www.txsoccer.net/t33877-vegas-cup-2017#270448

Our team put Dallas Rush out. It was the game where we shot over the net, wide of the net...just couldn't connect. PKs weren't even close either. Goal keeper stopped their first two shots.

FC Dallas was legit. It was a nail bitter. PKs.

The 04 age group is strong in Nevada and we do come to Surf. For the record the drive is 4 hours to the above poster. Just let it be known there are other good tournaments besides Surf. Not taking anything away from Surf, but it's nice to play other teams outside of our region in Vegas.

Our team put Dallas Rush out. It was the game where we shot over the net, wide of the net...just couldn't connect. PKs weren't even close either. Goal keeper stopped their first two shots.

FC Dallas was legit. It was a nail bitter. PKs.

The 04 age group is strong in Nevada and we do come to Surf. For the record the drive is 4 hours to the above poster. Just let it be known there are other good tournaments besides Surf. Not taking anything away from Surf, but it's nice to play other teams outside of our region in Vegas.

That keeper must have some athletic genes!! :)

Back