Vegas Cup

It wasn’t even the first ten minutes. He was thrown out minute ONE. It was insane. They both had on the same shade of NAVY for the entire uniform . The opposing team offered to change into white , but Ref told them “No” that game was starting now. Away coach protested and got thrown out right before the whistle blew. It was the craziest shit I had ever seen. It wasn’t like their dark uniforms were different colors ...red and navy.

Thus the reason we didn’t participate this year... poor Refs, and over the top home cooking. I get you are supposed to have some perks , like the best schedule, easiest bracket, but what I witnessed was beyond normal. Some people like to chase medals and gotsoccer points . It was very apparent in the semi game G U14 game.

I'm confused, so was this incident this year or last year? You say you didn't participate this year.

I'm confused, so was this incident this year or last year? You say you didn't participate this year.

The incident was this year and the first game of the tournament. I was at the fields watching the games.

My DD team did not participate this year .

It wasn’t even the first ten minutes. He was thrown out minute ONE. It was insane. They both had on the same shade of NAVY for the entire uniform . The opposing team offered to change into white , but Ref told them “No” that game was starting now. Away coach protested and got thrown out right before the whistle blew. It was the craziest shit I had ever seen. It wasn’t like their dark uniforms were different colors ...red and navy.

Thus the reason we didn’t participate this year... poor Refs, and over the top home cooking. I get you are supposed to have some perks , like the best schedule, easiest bracket, but what I witnessed was beyond normal. Some people like to chase medals and gotsoccer points . It was very apparent in the semi game G U14 game.

How come I never get to see any of these shenanigans! We've been to Vegas Cup four times and never had an issue or heard of any reffing issues. Although I did discover some home cooking, at least for this year. All of the strongest Nevada/Vegas teams are placed in the first bracket and that bracket winner (in all likelihood, the Vegas team), is matched up to play the weakest lowest ranked wildcard in the quarters.

Back