USWNT

EOL doesn't watch games, just reads scorelines and stats. If memory serves, he/she was attempting (futilely) to posit last summer that the USWNT is far superior to all other countries and that this WC would bear that out. Any honest and objective viewer who just watched that Spain game, and the Norway/Australia game, and the France/Brazil game, and the Netherlands, etc. can see that while the US is still the favorite, they are far, very far from dominant.

As for Hinkle - there will never be any "proof" that she was overlooked due to her religious convictions. People in power who are racist/prejudiced are usually smart enough to not be so candid. And while I personally disagree with her beliefs, just because someone disagrees with gay marriage doesn't make them a bigot. If so, then President Obama was a bigot until he "evolved" his opinion as the Democrat nominee, every priest/pastor who preaches against gay marriage is a bigot, etc. If Hinkle disrespects Rapinoe because she is gay or hints at disapproval in the locker room, then she's a bigot.

Canada has been a leader in gay marriage and we are proud of that. Our women, however, have never been asked to wear a rainbow jersey. That decision is odd. Can you imagine if a cross was on a jersey for a game...omg!

How many strawman are you going set up and knock down? As for your memory, the reality is I've never said the USWNT is far superior to anyone. I have said: "Relax. If the WNT doesn't win the WC, it will be the same result as most of the WCs they've played in. The WNT has been the most consistently good over time and that is going to continue indefinitely, but you're delusional if you think they're worse relative to the rest of the world than they've ever been. The world isn't passing the WNT by. There have always been countries able to challenge and beat the WNT and, go figure, there still are. Right now it is France."

As for Hinkle, funny how you admit that there's no proof that she was overlooked due to her religious convictions, but make the accusation anyway. If there's no proof, why on earth are you and your buddies going so far out of your way to make the accusation? In reality, there is plenty of proof that she was overlooked because she just isn't very good. No one considered her an elite player in HS. No one considered her an elite player in college. She was never called up for any legitimate WNT matches before she made public that she's a p.o.s. The only "evidence" that she's great is the testimony of a couple anonymous posters who claim they watch a ton of NWSL. But it is axiomatic that the judgment of anyone who wastes time watching a lot of NWSL is highly impaired.

And yes, if you are opposed to equal civil rights based on sexual orientation, you are by definition a bigot. You are right that Obama was a bigot until he gained subsequent wisdom. You are right that every priest/pastor who preaches against gay marriage is a bigot. It is not acceptable to espouse the violation of civil rights because you read a book that says it's ok. Just as priests and pastors have defended race discrimination based on the bible are bigots, so too are those who oppose gay marriage. Religion is not a excuse to be a horrible human being. If Hinkle wants to be a horrible p.o.s., that is her right. But it is also the right of everyone else to act accordingly in response.

If Rapinoe ever takes the position that homophobes and religious freaks shouldn't be allowed marry, you can call her a bigot too. But, unlike Hinkle, Rapinoe does not oppose anyone's civil rights or the U.S. Constitution.

Brilliant Japanese combination leads to Hasegawa equalizer...1-1

I wish that the US could play like this team. With the athleticism we have it would be hard to stop. Of course, you have to pick the players that can play that way instead of picking players based off of their beep test.

How many strawman are you going set up and knock down? As for your memory, the reality is I've never said the USWNT is far superior to anyone. I have said: "Relax. If the WNT doesn't win the WC, it will be the same result as most of the WCs they've played in. The WNT has been the most consistently good over time and that is going to continue indefinitely, but you're delusional if you think they're worse relative to the rest of the world than they've ever been. The world isn't passing the WNT by. There have always been countries able to challenge and beat the WNT and, go figure, there still are. Right now it is France."

As for Hinkle, funny how you admit that there's no proof that she was overlooked due to her religious convictions, but make the accusation anyway. If there's no proof, why on earth are you and your buddies going so far out of your way to make the accusation? In reality, there is plenty of proof that she was overlooked because she just isn't very good. No one considered her an elite player in HS. No one considered her an elite player in college. She was never called up for any legitimate WNT matches before she made public that she's a p.o.s. The only "evidence" that she's great is the testimony of a couple anonymous posters who claim they watch a ton of NWSL. But it is axiomatic that the judgment of anyone who wastes time watching a lot of NWSL is highly impaired.

And yes, if you are opposed to equal civil rights based on sexual orientation, you are by definition a bigot. You are right that Obama was a bigot until he gained subsequent wisdom. You are right that every priest/pastor who preaches against gay marriage is a bigot. It is not acceptable to espouse the violation of civil rights because you read a book that says it's ok. Just as priests and pastors have defended race discrimination based on the bible are bigots, so too are those who oppose gay marriage. Religion is not a excuse to be a horrible human being. If Hinkle wants to be a horrible p.o.s., that is her right. But it is also the right of everyone else to act accordingly in response.

If Rapinoe ever takes the position that homophobes and religious freaks shouldn't be allowed marry, you can call her a bigot too. But, unlike Hinkle, Rapinoe does not oppose anyone's civil rights or the U.S. Constitution.

You have real issues. Somebody obviously hurt you in some way. This is a soccer forum and you clearly don't know shit about it. Why are you on a women's soccer forum if you think that watching the NWSL is a waste of time? You seem very sexist. It sucks that Hinkle and her opinions fuck with you so hard. The real issue is with you. There is no comparing racial bigots with homophobes and 400 years of history says that. Don't compare a choice with nature. It pretty easy to hide if you are gay. As a matter of fact, if somebody's sexuality is put up in your face it's pretty easy to not notice it at all (and who really cares anyway?) It's pretty hard to hide being black, brown or Asian.

Save your indignation for pay inequality. Marriage equality is the law of the land and who cares who somebody screws anyway. You clearly got your feelings hurt and just want to lash out. Save it for somebody that deserves it and/or cares.

Watching Morgan yesterday left me with a few thoughts:

Is she hurt? If she is Ellis is clueless for playing her when she has viable even better options at her disposal.

Is she sick? Again, on Ellis.

Are we witnessing the end of Morgan as an elite player? Maybe.

Is she pregnant? Hmm... I remember skiing with my wife in Mammoth and her just being very lethargic. Thought maybe it was the elevation. In the way home my wife bought a pregnancy test in Mojave. The drive home was all about what to name our soon to be newest addition.

@End of the Line If you are so outraged please take it to off topic so you can battle some real assholes that are actually racists and bigots. Leave us to our soccer conversation or at least watch some women's soccer so that you can add to it.

Or you could just be like @espola and just be a running joke with no purpose (I think his kids are in their 30's now).

You have real issues. Somebody obviously hurt you in some way. This is a soccer forum and you clearly don't know shit about it. Why are you on a women's soccer forum if you think that watching the NWSL is a waste of time? You seem very sexist. It sucks that Hinkle and her opinions fuck with you so hard. The real issue is with you. There is no comparing racial bigots and homophobes and 400 years of history says that. It pretty easy to hide if you are gay. As a matter of fact, if somebody's sexuality is put up in your face it's pretty easy to not notice it at all (and who really cares anyway?) It's pretty hard to hide being black, brown or Asian.

Save your indignation for pay inequality. Marriage equality is the law of the land and who cares who somebody screws anyway. You clearly got your feelings hurt and just want to lash out. Save it for somebody that deserves it and/or cares.

Sad little man thought he could get away with gratuitous and false allegations that Hinkle was discriminated against by a bunch of lesbians. If you don't want someone in your face about it, don't bring it up. It's pretty simple.

Watching Morgan yesterday left me with a few thoughts:

Is she hurt? If she is Ellis is clueless for playing her when she has viable even better options at her disposal.

Is she sick? Again, on Ellis.

Is she pregnant? Hmm... I remember skiing with my wife in Mammoth and her just being very lethargic. Thought maybe it was the elevation. In the way home my wife bought a pregnancy test in Mojave. The drive home was all about what to name our soon to be newest addition.

Whatever it is we definitely need to be at our best against France. If we can get ahead of them early the French fans seem terribly fickle and I wouldn't be surprised if they turned on the team.

@End of the Line If you are so outraged please take it to off topic so you can battle some real assholes that are actually racists and bigots. Leave us to our soccer conversation or at least watch some women's soccer so that you can add to it.

Or you could just be like @espola and just be a running joke with no purpose (I think his kids are in their 30's now).

If you are so outraged with your conspiracy theory that lesbians discriminated against Hinkle because she's a homophobe and a bigot, take it to off topic.

You voted for Trump because people are against bigots? I will agree that Trump has the backing of bigots, racists, homophobes, etc.

I voted for Clinton (holding my nose) and Obama (twice - and proudly). But, again, your response is indicative of why some who voted for Obama voted for Trump. Turn everything into a flame war, turning those that on your side against you.

Japan was straight up robbed. That is "clearly and obviously" not a handball. Her arm was down close to her side trying to rotate her arm away from the ball at near point blank range. She was not making her body "unnaturally bigger" nor is she extending her arm out. Nothing deliberate about it. I'd like the ref to tell us what she would consider a natural position for the arm to be in that circumstance. That ref is lucky it was Japan and not Cameroon.

Forgive me while I get things back on topic ...

Possibly the best match of the tournament just took place. That was fun to watch. Japan was the better side in this match but you gotta finish your chances. That one will sting for awhile.

Japan was straight up robbed. That is "clearly and obviously" not a handball. Her arm was down close to her side trying to rotate her arm away from the ball at near point blank range. She was not making her body "unnaturally bigger" nor is she extending her arm out. Nothing deliberate about it. I'd like the ref to tell us what she would consider a natural position for the arm to be in that circumstance. That ref is lucky it was Japan and not Cameroon.
Losing like that totally sucked...I guess attackers should just aim at the arms of defenders in the box...geeze

Possibly the best match of the tournament just took place. That was fun to watch. Japan was the better side in this match but you gotta finish your chances. That one will sting for awhile.
GFG I agree that was my favorite match to watch so far...

The Dutch disappeared in that second half.

VAR got it wrong. Ref got it wrong. Agree no PK should have been awarded.

It looks like you are still smarting from being embarrassed yesterday by the revelation of your difficulty with reality. The way I see it, at this point you have 2 choices.

A: You told the truth about me being a helpless little old man, in which case you should be ashamed of yourself for picking on me.
B: You lied about it, in which case you should be ashamed of yourself for that.

Your pick.

BTW, from my viewpoint knowing what I do about myself and observing how you have responded on this thread, your best choice is B.

Losing like that totally sucked...I guess attackers should just aim at the arms of defenders in the box...geeze

This tournament has already broadcast to defenders that you better step to the ball in the box with your arms behind your back or risk the consequences. Natural position or distance to the ball be damned. That said, I honestly thought that one would be overturned. I had to pick my jaw off the floor when she didn't even look at it and pulled out the yellow card.

Back