Top Girls Goalkeeping Summer Camps

CRCougars

BRONZE
Hi, I was wondering if any of you know of the best and/or most competitive girls soccer goalie camps either here in SoCal or nationwide that you can recommend. This can be a day camp and/or a multi-day residential camp. My daughter plays at the GA level and is looking for a challenging keeper camp. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I was wondering if any of you know of the best and/or most competitive girls soccer goalie camps either here in SoCal or nationwide that you can recommend. This can be a day camp and/or a multi-day residential camp. My daughter plays at the GA level and is looking for a challenging keeper camp. Thanks in advance!
It would be useful to know what age and what you mean by “challenging”

soccer camps for goalkeepers come in various flavors:
- there are technical camps generally put on by the top local coaches like Ian Feuer, Neil Thompson (I think you have to try out for his since he doesn’t take lower level and youngers) and Jeff Tackett. Tacketts and Thompson’s are residential. These are good if you are looking to improve your technique
-there are the mixed camps with field players and goalkeepers. These include one soccer school, la Galaxy residential and soccer plus (though I haven’t seen anything from soccer plus recently…don’t know if they survived the pandemic). Most of the residential might already be sold out. The problem with these is you’ll get good shots from the field players but you never know who you’ll get as a coach and the quality of gk will vary
-there are college soccer camps out on by various colleges. Vary in quality and Id worth. It’s a real mixed bag.
-there are fun residential camps such as two rivers that I wouldn’t recommend for anyone older than middle school

it depends on what you are looking for. My one tip would be, depending on the age, if you are looking for harder shots put her either in a mixed field player/goalkeeper camp or a goalkeeper camp that does coed.Up until a certain age the quality of the girl goalkeepers even playing at elite levels varies wildly due to the goalkeeper shortage, and goalkeepers are notoriously bad at service at least until they get older.

If your looking for a top camp with the best keeper so your daughter can really sharpen her tools, check out All Star camp we had a amazing group of top keepers from ECNL. Last year we had UCLA starting keeper and now pro player from the wave Lauren Brzykcy tons of surprise guest this year.
Please apply at All Star camp!!!

My daughter went in 2020…Wisconsin was not locked down like the rest of the country. She had a blast, great experience. Still keeps in touch with some and has run into a couple at ID Camps and Showcases. Stan Anderson is a great guy and runs a great camp. My DD had a blast.

Nationwide: Dynasty in North Carolina. The coach, Tracy Noonan, was Scurry’s backup on the ‘99 World Cup team (she was Ducar then) and the camp is no joke. It is probably full for the upcoming summer sessions (1 week in Raleigh). Noonan is demanding but her list of alumnae is chock-full of elite players who have excelled at the college and pro levels. The camp involves education on nutrition, classroom sessions, internal competition and heavy emphasis on the building blocks of modern goalkeeping. I cannot say enough about it. For any elite girl goalkeeper, I highly, HIGHLY recommend looking into Dynasty.

Back